PDA

View Full Version : Paul Shanklin Does Ron Paul--Good Exposure!

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Greetings All,

Yesterday on my drive home from work I was listening, as usual, to the Mike Fleming radio show out of Memphis, TN on WREC600 A.M.

He had Paul Shanklin, well known political humorist/satirist, as a special guest. He was doing parodies of current Presidential candidates.

http://paulshanklin.com/

I called in and asked the screener if Mike could ask Paul Shanklin to do a Ron Paul impersenation. The screener said "that sounds like a great idea, I'll let you ask yourself".

So I managed to get on air, thank Mike for having Paul Shanklin on, and asked for the parody.

They kept me on air for about 5 minutes while Paul did his Ron Paul, talked about how he saw him in Iowa and all the enthusiasm there, and I listened and made an occasional comment.

One in particular was when Paul Shanklin was talking about Ron Paul's supporters cheering for 15 minutes straight during a speech and how he thought "they all must be on meth or something" (Remember this is a humorist, not to be taken seriously)

I immediately piped up with "No, they are all just high on liberty!"

After I was off-air they continued to talk about Ron Paul, specifically about his exclusion from the Fox News Debate and why that didn't make any sense since Ron Paul beat Guiliani in Iowa and Thompson in New Hampshire, how Ron Paul has raised 20 million in the last quarter but still gets no media coverage, and some other things I don't recall exactly.

Later when they were talking about other Republicans Paul Shanklin mentioned how Fred Thompson is completely broke and will likely drop out after South Carolina, how Romney can't win despite spending 10's of millions of dollars, and how Guiliani's campaign is falling apart and is also broke.

I think Paul Shanklin has a lot of insight into the political process, and it sure sounded like he didn't think the top teir candidates have much of a chance of success.

So this bodes well for Ron Paul folks, he has money, us, and the message. It's far from over :)

hayeksrevenge
01-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Way to go!

dshields
01-10-2008, 09:29 AM
"Over" comes when I am pushing Daisey's and taking my dirt nap.

Dave

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Bump for Afternoon, wish I could get an audio clip of this!