PDA

View Full Version : Make Your Car A Rolling Billboard for Ron Paul

lonestarguy
05-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Guerilla marketing 101........

Hey folks!!! Yesterday, I began to take advantage of all that area on my back window of my mini-van (hey, it's paid for right, lol). So with some (Kiwi) white scuff cover, (certainly white shoe polish would work), I made myself a rolling billboard in big ol' letters. I got honks and thumbs up as I hammered down to San Antonio and back to Austin. Just seeing if I can 'plant some seeds and help light that brushfire in peoples minds.' I mean you can see it from a hundred yards clearly.

R o n P a u l
P R E Z

I mean think about it. What outward support have you seen for Ghouliani, McRomney, Shuckabee, ad naseum? We all know they don't generate excitement, indeed the opposite, coma!

I know I have to add the website today to my rolling billboard, ronpaul2008.com

What other ideas and pithy slogans do ya have on this rolling billboard idea?:D

DXDoug
05-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Doing the Same here in FortWorth TX.
Though using Car Paint , Temporary Paint.

This can go on The Body of the Car so i can put it on the Sides .
Using the Ron Paul Revolution on one side and
ronpaul2008.com on other

Bradley in DC
05-31-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm not sure that would work as well on my rag-top Miata!:o

DXDoug
06-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Ya my camaro 92' has a large enough body to put it all if not more.
Might rain today though so i might have to wait a day or 2 before i can get any pics.Im trying to think of places that would be good for parking you know :D

RonPaul4President
06-01-2007, 06:24 AM
you can legally put a message across the top of your front windshield as long as it is above the AS-1.

DXDoug
06-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Just got this Side done today on the car. I will probably do the Ron Paul Revolution on the other side, and just Ron Paul 2008 on the back bumper if i got enough paint.

But here's the Start I got done with today. My car is at the Park Entrance Parking lot, the Road its on gets alot of Cars soo Burleson TX will get the Ron Paul message :D

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/6120/camaronpauldo1.jpg

RonPaul4President
06-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Awesome! Way to go!

*sigh* I see no flags on your street. Sad.

angelatc
06-01-2007, 03:18 PM
My cars are both pieces of junk. Actually, they're both early '90's models, but they run just fine.

I'm not sure I'd be doing him any favors by putting his name on my cars.

RonPaul4President
06-01-2007, 04:45 PM

I have to strongly disagree. In fact it's because Ron Paul is not in the White House that 50% of your income from labor is stolen by the government.

It's funny. Before finding out about Ron Paul I would have been scared to death to say that. Huh.

angelatc
06-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Don't get me wrong. We can (knock on wood) afford newer cars, but we choose not to because there's nothing in it for us. These run fine, they're paid for and insurance is dirt cheap. The radios even work - life is good.

We look poorer than the neighbors, but I like to hope that we're a wee bit ahead of the game because we don't trade in our cars every 3-4 years.

Not that there's anything wrong with that! I certainly think that people who enjoy new cars have every right in the world to buy cars, SUV's, Hummers, Mercedes' - whatever they want to drive is fine with me - as long as they're earning the money to support their habits.

My son's friend just drove his car over and had Edwards stickers all over it. I might have to rethink this.

patalaneck
06-01-2007, 07:05 PM
DX, great job on the car. Noticed the star is upside down.
Both parties used to always have upright stars on their mascots, but recently more and more pictures are presented having upside down stars.
May want to consider uprighting the star on your car as some potential supporters may see it as an upside down pentagram.
Just a thought.
Peace.

carla8478
06-01-2007, 08:49 PM
My cars are both pieces of junk. Actually, they're both early '90's models, but they run just fine.

Why not put a slogan on your car that said if Ron Paul were president you could keep more of your income & buy a better car. :D

DXDoug
06-01-2007, 11:26 PM
DX, great job on the car. Noticed the star is upside down.
Both parties used to always have upright stars on their mascots, but recently more and more pictures are presented having upside down stars.
May want to consider uprighting the star on your car as some potential supporters may see it as an upside down pentagram.
Just a thought.
Peace.

Hmm never really noticed till you said something, but it is kinda upside down. I hope it doesnt come off as anything other then a star thats all i wanted it to be. I got some ideas though im not sure which i plan on doing. . .

Add 2 or 3 more stars in randomness...

Or just another one the right side up this time?

or ... Erase and have 1 star right side up

DXDoug
06-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Alright Just put the 1 Star upright this time on it in place of the old one .

angelatc
06-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Why not put a slogan on your car that said if Ron Paul were president you could keep more of your income & buy a better car. :D

Because I wouldn't be buying a better car. I'd only be buying a newer car. ( I detest mindless consumerism. It's a "thing" with me.)

RonPaul4President
06-02-2007, 04:19 PM
My son's friend just drove his car over and had Edwards stickers all over it. I might have to rethink this. ROTFLMAO! I actually burst out laughing! Well, I hope it inspires you. Best of luck whatever you decide.

ronpaulitician
06-04-2007, 01:49 PM
Check this out! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8189858@N06/show/)

I'm gonna try to get the materials needed to do just that together this week, so that I can hand them out to as many people as possible during next week's meetup event. Imagine seeing a couple thousand cards like that driving around in Los Angeles!

DjLoTi
06-04-2007, 01:58 PM
DXDave, that is an awesome American looking car. :-)

DXDoug
06-16-2007, 02:02 AM
Alright for some reason the Red Paint dont last to good in Rain but atleast it hasnt rained till now but the blue looks great. Id have to say the Car paint from a 1-10 is probably around a 8 because it Sticks out well , and if i had a garage i wouldnt have to worry about rain. I still got the 2 cans though incase in the morning i need to touch up. I Would Just go For the Bumper Sticker or something easy if you dont have a garage.

I would like to try shoe polish on the Back window for my camaro though as its huge! and i know Shoe polish or watever will last in rain. Im thinking stencil it out would look better then some free hand. Only when Kinky Friedman ran i had the freeehand shoepolish on it. :)

G-khan
06-16-2007, 04:38 AM
Here is a place that you can get your vehicle fixed up at.........expensive!

http://www.speedysigns.com/lettering/vehicle-lettering.htm

:)

honkywill
06-16-2007, 04:54 AM
im totally doing this with my minivan once i get it fixed.

too much space to waste!

anewvoice
06-16-2007, 10:40 AM
http://anewvoice.org/dnn/DesktopModules/Repository/MakeThumbnail.aspx?tabid=157&id=5

http://anewvoice.org/dnn/DesktopModules/Repository/MakeThumbnail.aspx?tabid=157&id=6

DXDoug
06-16-2007, 01:43 PM
well i shouldnt have to redo it yet the rain didnt get to bad to wash it all away. So ya the signs still good :)

windex_777
06-19-2007, 09:40 PM
I've been driving around with "WHO IS RON PAUL?" /n "www.RONPAUL2008.com" on my back window just with window glass. I have gotten a great response out of it, with several people honking and giving me thumbs up. Even if it's only giving people a little name recognition, it's encouraging other supporters and showing they aren't alone. I would certainly encourage everyone to do this simple, cheap thing.

windex_777
06-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Again, this morning I had another opportunity to talk to someone at a gas station because of my back window made them ask. It really does work.

austin356
06-20-2007, 08:56 PM
I need to learn to control my driving better b4 I sport a RP 4 Prez car.

I know good and well I will draw negative attention to Paul for driving too fast on the highway.

windex_777
06-21-2007, 02:32 PM
I just figure that more people will see it as I zoom past them. *giggles*