PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show After Action Report

Poniolo
07-22-2007, 09:19 PM
AFTER ACTION REPORT

Overview
I arrived 20-minutes before the doors opened and there were already hundreds of cars in the parking lot, and a steady stream arriving in front and behind me.

It was difficult to cover both sides of the exit path (L and R) by myself during the morning, and I estimate that I only caught 20-25 percent of the attendees. Luke arrived in the afternoon and took the right-side of the exit path and I took the left. I estimate that we caught 70-80 percent of the attendees during the period that we both were active. We passed out more than 500 flyers during the day (all that we brought). We could have easily passed out 1,000 during the day if we would have had the materials, and had 3-4 people there for the entire day. We departed 1-1/2 hours early because we ran out of flyers.

The response was overwhelmingly positive. I only heard one derogatory comment, and it wasn’t directed specifically at Dr. Paul, One man said “A Republican?!!” as he wadded up the flyer and threw it on the ground. Most of the comments that I received were “I’ve never heard of him” (or words to that effect).

We maintained a satisfactory distance from the exit/entrance doors (50-feet) and had no problems with the show’s sponsor or security personnel.

Lessons Learned
Estimated attendance for the day is between 2,000-3,000 persons.
Ron Paul desperately needs exposure and name recognition.
If other events are being held at the same location, materials should also be tailored to target the subject of these event(s).

Recommendations
We should attend the next (August) and subsequent gun shows with 3-4 participants and a sufficient number of materials.
We should check the events calendar for the Fairgrounds and other large venues (Prime Osborn, Morocco Shrine Auditorium), and pass out materials that target the subject-group of the events.

angelatc
07-22-2007, 09:26 PM
Awesome start! Amazed to hear a Democrat at a gun show...