PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs to get them to talk about 100 years, then contrast himself

Rintrah54
01-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Seriously, I don't think this was covered very well at all by the press. Its a big deal and he really needs to take them, BY NAME, to the woodshed on this one.

And now that I think about it, he needs to come up with some kind of repeated tagline which states that he wants to NAIL the terrorist groups but not invade countries. Thats all I hear for talking heads. "Ron Paul is weak on national security". He really needs to push the fact that he is all about taking out terrorists.

Greg in VA
01-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Seriously, I don't think this was covered very well at all by the press. Its a big deal and he really needs to take them, BY NAME, to the woodshed on this one.

And now that I think about it, he needs to come up with some kind of repeated tagline which states that he wants to NAIL the terrorist groups but not invade countries. Thats all I hear for talking heads. "Ron Paul is weak on national security". He really needs to push the fact that he is all about taking out terrorists.

I have posted just about the same thing, and in my opinion this is what is killing us. I happen to live near Washington DC and while listening to a popular radio station AM 630. Ron Paul came up, and even though the host Andy Park agreed with his fiscal policies, the co-host, and it was not Fred Grandy, point out the weak on defence talking point. This absolutely needs to be addressed especially in South Carolina.

hayeksrevenge
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
It is difficult because Ron Paul's positions get distorted by the neo-cons. So, Paul does need to come across a bit tougher on terrorism like saying...

"Bring the troops home, and defend our borders, etc. But make no mistake, if they try to hit us again, we will respond with a fury here-to-fore never seen."

You know, something hawkish like that...

Rintrah54
01-10-2008, 10:09 AM
It is difficult because Ron Paul's positions get distorted by the neo-cons. So, Paul does need to come across a bit tougher on terrorism like saying...

"Bring the troops home, and defend our borders, etc. But make no mistake, if they try to hit us again, we will respond with a fury here-to-fore never seen."

You know, something hawkish like that...

EXACTLY. He has to play a bit of their game. We all know his position on defending this country is strong.......he needs to let the public know that he is all about "killin some terrorists" but not "nation invasion".

UtahApocalypse
01-10-2008, 11:04 AM
He should point out that he voted TO go into Afghanistan where we were hunting for Bin Laden.

Rintrah54
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
He should point out that he voted TO go into Afghanistan where we were hunting for Bin Laden.

YES!!!! This is the level we need to be working on.

killatop
01-10-2008, 11:21 AM
I agree about the Bin Laden thing,
say - I voted against Iraq but I voted to go after Osama Bin Laden, remember we didn't go into Iraq because of terrorists we went in because of WMD's which were not existent. The fact that we went into Iraq actually emboldened the terrorists and there numbers grew 10 fold in sponserships..the money flowing into the terrorists groups, and in recruitment. By going into Iraq we only made the terrorist threat greater.

something like that

barbz
01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Thats a good idea, but I'll be totally surprised if they even allow him to speak. I mean if they can legally exclude him from attending their "forum" in NH, whats to keep them from switching his mic off tonight? It doesn't seem any less fair really.

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Ron Paul has made these points numerous times. He just continues to be ignored. All he can do is keep making them again and again. It's not his fault if the MSM won't listen.

Please, please Ron Paul do more local talk radio shows in markets with large audiences.

homah
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM

Spot on. He needs to emphasize that we are spread too thin and consequently not protecting our borders to the extent that we should be. He needs to explain that he is not opposed to "just" wars against countries (declared by Congress, of course) and not opposed to using covert operations to eliminate the real enemies in the "war on terror." He also should call out McCain on the 100 year comment to get a dialogue going, but I don't believe he will do it unless severely provoked by the candidates on his philosophy on foreign policy.