PDA

View Full Version : CANADIANS: how about a national day of RP action?

Toban
01-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Fellow Canadians:

I'm a member of the Winnipeg Ron Paul Meetup (ronpaul.meetup.com/1047). This past Saturday, we had a meetup to brainstorm ideas for ways to help the campaign. One idea was to have a march with signs and information to hand out, while videotaping the whole thing to create a short Youtube video afterwards. It would be similar to the Strasbourg Tea Party that the Europeans put on. I remember how that really inspired the Americans, it showed them just how important Ron Paul is to the whole world and that they have worldwide support (a lot of it!).

The idea has evolved into a national day of Ron Paul action, with rallies and marches across Canada (a la www.RonPaulMarch.com). We could take footage from all of these events and create an inspiring video that reflects the Canadian support of RP to help motivate our American friends (and people around the world) to double their efforts to save liberty. In the spirit of the grassroots free market of ideas, I've sent this idea out to the other Canadian Meetup group organizers to see if there is interest or other potential ideas. We will need to choose a day (hopefully one that has some historical significance and also on a weekend so lots of people can make it out); we don't have any ideas yet, so post your suggestions. I think that if the idea becomes a reality, it would be best to use www.CanadiansForRonPaul.com as the hub for organizing and information. I've just emailed them with this idea. We'd also need someone with video making skills to make a Youtube video.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas for Canadian supporters?

Chester Copperpot
01-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Fellow Canadians:

I'm a member of the Winnipeg Ron Paul Meetup (ronpaul.meetup.com/1047). This past Saturday, we had a meetup to brainstorm ideas for ways to help the campaign. One idea was to have a march with signs and information to hand out, while videotaping the whole thing to create a short Youtube video afterwards. It would be similar to the Strasbourg Tea Party that the Europeans put on. I remember how that really inspired the Americans, it showed them just how important Ron Paul is to the whole world and that they have worldwide support (a lot of it!).

The idea has evolved into a national day of Ron Paul action, with rallies and marches across Canada (a la www.RonPaulMarch.com). We could take footage from all of these events and create an inspiring video that reflects the Canadian support of RP to help motivate our American friends (and people around the world) to double their efforts to save liberty. In the spirit of the grassroots free market of ideas, I've sent this idea out to the other Canadian Meetup group organizers to see if there is interest or other potential ideas. We will need to choose a day (hopefully one that has some historical significance and also on a weekend so lots of people can make it out); we don't have any ideas yet, so post your suggestions. I think that if the idea becomes a reality, it would be best to use www.CanadiansForRonPaul.com as the hub for organizing and information. I've just emailed them with this idea. We'd also need someone with video making skills to make a Youtube video.

What do you guys think? Any other ideas for Canadian supporters?

Can you march across the border into some northern States?

jake
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
it would seem to me that the best action Canadians could take is thoughtful letters written to local small newspapers south of the border.

Nic4Truth
01-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Just want to comment how awesome you guys are! I love Canada :) (went there on our honeymoon...)

surf
01-10-2008, 06:52 PM
i love your anthem... it's by far my favorite one to hear during the olympics (and Hockey Night In Canada)

How about purchasing billboards at border crossings? People coming back from Whistler would love to see these :)

edit: from what i hear, it's a long slow line of cars - you'd assume most are not enamored with big-gov't efficiency at this point

The Minister
01-12-2008, 04:22 AM
Actually am in the process of creating some banners to hang on the overpass at the Peace Arch crossing and at YVR (Vancouver Intl airport).

Remember Freeway Blogging? (http://www.freewayblogger.com/)

Also had a thought that as Canadians, if we do our part to convert the counties just over the border from us, that accounts for a large area. I think that's partly why Port Huron, MI is doing so well. Saskatchewan seems to be doing a good job on ND.

If we can get the maritimers to work on Maine..... they're practically more alike than they are to the rest of us.