PDA

View Full Version : THE CAMPAIGN NEEDS MONEY!! $23 Million MORE stop horsing around.LETS MAKE A DECISION!

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 06:42 AM
I am very tired of not seeing any resolution done in terms of Ron Paul's call to raise another $23 million.(yes people not just up to $23 milion, but $23 million MORE) He has asked us for help and we have done NOTHING rather than make a couple websites for some ideas like...

WelcomeHomeIowa.com
BejimansforPaul.com 17st of Jan moneybomb
Freeatlast.com 21st of Jan moneybomb

Febuary 5 is coming up....VERY fast on us now and we can't let him down. We need to be spreading the word, E-mialing everyone on...

Myspace
Youtube,
ALL Ron Paul forum members,
Facebook,
Digg supporters

We need to corridinate with each other. Stop being STUBBORN.

I am calling to all of those who handle the popular Ron Paul websites, Money Bomb websites, and those that can do massive e-mials to those that are on myspace and such) Someone also needs to contact Trevor Lyman(original Nov. 5th guy)...it is sad that we have to rely on ONE guy that made that Nov. 5 website to keep the fight going in the fundraising department but its the only way we can RE-AWAKEN the people to participate in another online fundraiser money bomb.

The time is YESTERDAY...we have lagged behind on our part to continue the funds. We need to feverishly push a single moneybomb day. They have worked before and Ron Paul is relying on US the grassroots to get up and continue the surge of fundraising.

To those of you who oppose another money bomb, I stongely suggest you reconsider and help us spread the word after we work out a date for which to do this thing.

Now, you guys need to pull up your sleeves and GET TO WORK.

BLS
01-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Agree 100%

Menthol Patch
01-10-2008, 06:44 AM
I agree! We all need to donate.

kushaze
01-10-2008, 06:45 AM
I say we donate and take matching funds.

slamhead
01-10-2008, 06:48 AM
I'm good for $50 a week...donated $50 already this week.

Menthol Patch
01-10-2008, 06:50 AM
Lets tick off those people who would steal our votes by donating!

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 06:55 AM
I just hope people that are on this site will push this idea. I have no job right now but I am doing yardwork for people and I am donating I that I can....even though I am broke and am going to be out on my own in a couple of days.

This is SERIOUS PEOPLE!!! How about Operation donate your MAX!!!!

ssmoler
01-10-2008, 06:57 AM
I think any effort to coordinate a last minute money bomb before super Tuesday will be super sloppy at best. The past money bombs worked because there was excitement behind them (breaking records, etc. etc.). We're ignoring that fact that failed money bombs lower moral even further.

Forget the money bomb business for now. Everyone's relatively tapped to make a large lump sum donation. What we need to be doing is just constantly reminding/urging everyone to donate as much as possible as soon as possible.

kushaze
01-10-2008, 06:57 AM
I quit smoking for this campaign so that I had the extra money to donate. Hardest thing I have ever done. I need a cig real bad.

evadmurd
01-10-2008, 06:58 AM
If they don't take matching funds, they aren't getting any more money from me.

shagywashere
01-10-2008, 06:59 AM
When will they spend the money they have now?

rwl4
01-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Matching funds place unnecessary limits on the candidates. Let's get a good day set and donate like never before!

bucfish
01-10-2008, 07:00 AM
I say if you can go all in and do not worry about the money bomb just have faith in giving all you can and do it NOW!!! I have given all I can for the week and have cut all my expenses back. I will be getting a commission check soon so hopefully I will be going all in very soon!!!

Also guys remember this site for those that have no money
www.ronpaultoolbar.com raise money by searching and clicking through then at the end of every month we can vote to which grassroots project to donate it to

Also for those that alredy have gone all in check out
www.ads4ronpaul.com
www.ronpaulaircorps.com
and I am sure others can list some more good ones!!!

Menthol Patch
01-10-2008, 07:01 AM
If they don't take matching funds, they aren't getting any more money from me.

If they ever took matching funds I would drop my support for the campaign instantly.

Menthol Patch
01-10-2008, 07:03 AM

They are spending it! Have you read about all the ads they have purchased in dozens of states?

Do you think that comes cheap?

Have you read about the countless direct mailings they have done?

Do you think that comes cheap?

FreeTraveler
01-10-2008, 07:16 AM
Tomorrow's Friday. Dr. Paul needs our money now! Let's have a Super PayDay tomorrow and give all we can!

Myerz
01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Do we all plan to buy the votes???

If we do not resolve this "vote" thing.....it won't matter how much money we give.

Menthol Patch
01-10-2008, 07:19 AM
The "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend!

Dear Ron Paul supporters,

A final opportunity to help change the course of this election and the future of this nation is approaching quickly. On Thursday January 17th the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend will begin and continue through January 21st to end that midnight. It is critical that everyone who is willing to donate do so by January 21st. This is because Super Tuesday is coming up FAST on February 5th! Any donations made after January 21st may not be received by the official campaign soon enough to be used towards that absolutely critical day when countless states will be holding their primary elections.

As you may know, there are two individual money bombs happening during this time period. However, the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb is an effort to combine them both and give Ron Paul supporters a larger window to donate! This may enhance our ability to meet the goal of raising at least TEN MILLION DOLLARS by the end of this FIVE DAY "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend!

The two individual money bombs that are happening during this weekend are the "Benjamins for Paul" primary SHOCKER and the "Free at Last" Martin Luthor King MONEY BOMB! The "Last Chance for Liberty" does NOT exclude anyone from participating in either of these two money bombs. This effort is INCLUSIVE to combine these two days into a SPECTACULAR event that can bring together supporters of small government, freedom, and liberty from around the nation ONE MORE TIME before Super Tuesday! So donate on either of these two days or on any other day between the 17th and 21st! The choice is yours!

http://www.benjaminsforpaul.com/

http://www.freeatlast2008.com/

Lets give Ron Paul the money he needs to effectively campaign in ALL of the Super Tuesday primary states!

Please support the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend! Please tell everyone you know about this massive effort!

notcarljung
01-10-2008, 07:27 AM
Agreed. It can't be said enough. Everyone chip in! You might be saying, "I don't have any money". That may be true, but you probably have some junk that has market value. Go to craig's list or somewhere and sell it! Then give it to RP! He gets another ad. You get free space! Win/Win!

Seabhacre
01-10-2008, 07:27 AM
After all the hard work canvassing in NH was undermined by idiots who think it is productive to chase down load-mouth talking heads at Fox and pelt them with snowball. How many votes were lost by these foolish actions? You can't tell me that the voters in (and around) NH weren't turned off by what they heard and saw these so-called supporters doing in their streets. If the campaign’s strategy is to stay home and only send out these fools to woo the voters in other states like they did in NH then any MONEY from me will dry-up quickly.

Ron Paul, not foolish supporters, needs to get out into the cities, towns, hamlets, etc, and meet the people directly! People want to vote for someone they personally know! Advertise in the local papers that these people still read, daily! Meet the people; let them know you, stop hoping the media will introduce you to them. They won’t, because it is not in their interests to do so. Once people know Ron they will see the truth behind the negative press and their vote will become much more solid, as ours have. People will never vote for someone they only know through the media and stories of small armies of youthful thugs that waste time attacking news personalities with verbal barbs and snowballs. :mad:

When I see this shift being made then, and only then, will I start contributing again. I have contributed ~$1000 so far, as has my wife and two voting aged children (each), so there is still a decent pile of funds available to the campaign, but only if they show me that they are actually going to start trying to win this thing, properly.

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 07:31 AM
I think any effort to coordinate a last minute money bomb before super Tuesday will be super sloppy at best. The past money bombs worked because there was excitement behind them (breaking records, etc. etc.). We're ignoring that fact that failed money bombs lower moral even further.

Forget the money bomb business for now. Everyone's relatively tapped to make a large lump sum donation. What we need to be doing is just constantly reminding/urging everyone to donate as much as possible as soon as possible.

but that isn't happening..this is the problem. We talk but do nothing. Thats why I take my position the way it is.

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 07:32 AM
I quit smoking for this campaign so that I had the extra money to donate. Hardest thing I have ever done. I need a cig real bad.

That is an amazing thing to do. What an extreme, and very noble sacrifice you have made....it shows the real strength behind this campaign.

Hancock1776
01-10-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't mean to be a negative nelly, but the TV ads so far have either been unprofessional, or insufficient to differentiate him from the Republican pack.

I've thrown almost $1,000 at this campaign and they don't get another penny until a good ad comes out. I'm sick of taking it on faith that Any Minute Now they'll make an advertising blitz and catapult Paul into 30%.

I'm about to send my efforts to other freedom campaigns (http://www.downsizedc.org).

Menthol Patch
01-10-2008, 07:34 AM

A final opportunity to help change the course of this election and the future of this nation is approaching quickly. On Thursday January 17th the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend will begin and continue through January 21st to end that midnight. It is critical that everyone who is willing to donate do so by January 21st. This is because Super Tuesday is coming up FAST on February 5th! Any donations made after January 21st may not be received by the official campaign soon enough to be used towards that absolutely critical day when countless states will be holding their primary elections.

As you may know, there are two individual money bombs happening during this time period. However, the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb is an effort to combine them both and give Ron Paul supporters a larger window to donate! This may enhance our ability to meet the goal of raising at least TEN MILLION DOLLARS by the end of this FIVE DAY "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend!

The two individual money bombs that are happening during this weekend are the "Benjamins for Paul" primary SHOCKER and the "Free at Last" Martin Luthor King MONEY BOMB! The "Last Chance for Liberty" does NOT exclude anyone from participating in either of these two money bombs. This effort is INCLUSIVE to combine these two days into a SPECTACULAR event that can bring together supporters of small government, freedom, and liberty from around the nation ONE MORE TIME before Super Tuesday! So donate on either of these two days or on any other day between the 17th and 21st! The choice is yours!

Lets give Ron Paul the money he needs to effectively campaign in ALL of the Super Tuesday primary states!

Please support the "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb weekend! Please tell everyone you know about this massive effort!

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 07:35 AM

their spending it now...A lot of it is probably still on the backburners until the 5th, but money is surely being spent in Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina...and others.

stevedasbach
01-10-2008, 07:36 AM
When I served as National Chair and Executive Director of the LP, one of my major responsibilities was ensuring that we raised the money we needed. IMO, it would really help fundraising if the campaign would communicate more clearly how they plan to use the money (without giving away their strategy to the opposition, of course).

ButchHowdy
01-10-2008, 07:42 AM
So . . . eh . . . if we raise a conceivable 3 million by the 15th, do we then qualify for the 23 million matching?

stevedasbach
01-10-2008, 07:43 AM
Matching funds place unnecessary limits on the candidates. Let's get a good day set and donate like never before!

They also put the campaign in significant legal jeopardy.

When you accept matching funds, you have to comply with a host of additional bookeeping and record-keeping requirements, must comply with state-by-state spending limits, and there is a cap on overall spending. You also agree to have the FEC come in after the campaign and extensively audit your books and records to make sure you fully complied with every jot and tittle of the law.

Back in the 90's, New Alliance Party presidential candidate Lenora Fulani qualified for and accepted matching funds. After the campaign, the FEC came in, audited their records, and fined them millions of dollars. The fines effectively put the national party out of business (they now effectively run the Independence Party of New York).

Besides the issue of principle, the campaign is wise not to accept the funds.

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 07:53 AM

You need to make this a seperate thread..this is good.

Brian in Maryland
01-10-2008, 07:55 AM
I have been wondering where the money bombs are.

I can not find any of these websites.

WelcomeHomeIowa.com

Money bombs are great and motivate people. But, my wife and I have started donating more each week. We may up it to $100 a week.

I would love to see a good money bomb. Where are the people that organized the Tea Party?

azminuteman
01-10-2008, 07:58 AM
I say we donate and take matching funds.

Matching funds isn't dollar for dollar. It's up to $250 max per donor. Granted that he has about 130K donors with an average of $103, that's about $ 13Mil

stevedasbach
01-10-2008, 07:58 AM
So . . . eh . . . if we raise a conceivable 3 million by the 15th, do we then qualify for the 23 million matching?

It doesn't work that way. Only the first $250 contributed by an individual is eligible to be matched.

Also, the funds won't be distributed for a few months. The campaigns that have qualified use the letter from the FEC as collateral and borrow the money from a bank.

[FYI: I think that accepting matching funds is a bad idea, for reasons stated elsewhere]

ronpaul.in
01-10-2008, 07:59 AM
I have been wondering where the money bombs are.

I can not find any of these websites.

WelcomeHomeIowa.com

Money bombs are great and motivate people. But, my wife and I have started donating more each week. We may up it to $100 a week.

I would love to see a good money bomb. Where are the people that organized the Tea Party?

www.freeatlast2008.com

they are busy running a blimp

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 10:19 AM

no....his campaign has stated that they need $23 MIllion MORE in the bank.

Menthol Patch
01-10-2008, 10:22 AM
The "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb is a five day period starting with "Benjamins for Paul" on Thursday Jan. 17th and ending with "Free at Last" on Monday Jan. 21st. During this time period everyone is encouraged to donate on EITHER of these two individual money bombs (the first and the last day) or on a day of their choosing in between!

The "Last Chance for Liberty" is an ALL INCLUSIVE five day weekend money bomb!

Please support this effort. Any money raised AFTER Jan. 21st probably will NOT be able to be spent on Super Tuesday! The FIVE DAY "Last Chance for Liberty" money bomb is our LAST CHANCE to give Ron Paul the money he needs to WIN THE NOMINATION!

ThisCharmingAzn
01-10-2008, 10:22 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85039

Talldude1412
01-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Thank you very much for your donation of $25.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T327007-110212362

Why are we waiting for a money bomb to donate? He wants the funds sooner rather than later. Go ahead and get one going, but please donate now too.

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
I am donating as much as possible but I am flat broke and have no job. I will try and do more yard work for people or something.