PDA

View Full Version : I hate to give FOX a higher viewer rating but...

Edu
01-10-2008, 05:39 AM
After what FOX did I hate to tune over there, but.... I want to watch this.
I'm going to unplug the phone line from the Tivo and sat box for a week! They will have no way to know that I watched it for at least week.
My Tivo holds two weeks of schedule so it's not hard to do. The sat box doesn't really need the phone line at all.
I urge you to do the same.
I'm not sure what we should do about youtube or other video links to any debate footage. Maybe we can urge people not to post any.

losinglife
01-10-2008, 06:01 AM
youtube is were i will be watching it :cool:

koft
01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
And when you plug that cord back in, it will send the viewing data it gathered during the time it was unplugged off to where you didn't want it to go.

Edu
01-10-2008, 07:09 AM
youtube is were i will be watching it :cool:
I hope people edit so it's only the Ron Paul parts, that would be great. We don't want them to think they can raise their ratings because of youtube views.
koft: They will get the data a week later, by then it may not count, or matter.

RonRules
01-10-2008, 08:16 AM
I basically don't have a TV. Old 19" with rabbit ears and a really bad reception. I've been with that for 20 years.

On the other hand, I've been online since 1989 and was one of the first to use Mozila (before Netscape) in 1992.

Why do you guys bother with you TV?

hayeksrevenge
01-10-2008, 09:38 AM
After what FOX did I hate to tune over there, but.... I want to watch this.
I'm going to unplug the phone line from the Tivo and sat box for a week! They will have no way to know that I watched it for at least week.
My Tivo holds two weeks of schedule so it's not hard to do. The sat box doesn't really need the phone line at all.
I urge you to do the same.
I'm not sure what we should do about youtube or other video links to any debate footage. Maybe we can urge people not to post any.

I'm torn about the issue, but I will be watching because our man is in this debate. It seems silly for me not to watch how Ron Paul does in the debate. I need to know so that when I discuss the debate with people, I have first hand knowledge.

I think RP supporters can have a pass for watching a national debate on FauxNews as long as our candidate is in the debate.

Plus, I want to see if RonPaul takes a swipe at FoxNews concerning their blatant bias.

hayeksrevenge
01-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I basically don't have a TV. Old 19" with rabbit ears and a really bad reception. I've been with that for 20 years.

On the other hand, I've been online since 1989 and was one of the first to use Mozila (before Netscape) in 1992.

Good for you.

I have a big screen t.v. which I bought 4 years ago. Today, I hardly watch t.v. As I type this, I am sitting in my living room and my television is off as it has been all morning. I might turn it on for the local news later or to watch a video. That is about how much I watch t.v these days.

Turning off the t.v. has been an eye opener for me. It truely was keeping me from getting involved with society in so many ways. I suggest everyone try turning off the t.v. and see what it does for you. If you haven't read the book "1984" by George Orwell, I suggest you do. That might help you decide to keep the t.v. off.

mmink15
01-10-2008, 09:43 AM
If the debate gets an abnormal bump in viewership, won't it help us prove our viewership power when we urge advertisers to pull out of FOX for their unbias and unfair reporting. Plus this debate should get a Ron Paul bump of undecideds from the Leno appearence anyway, right? I suggest we all tune in, then tune out for the post debate spin(watching those on youtube to form our rebuttals if necessary). Then we continue our efforts to pull stock and support from advertisers and hit FOX where we can hurt and embarass them most, in their ad revenues

wohoo
01-10-2008, 10:32 AM
Don't get FOX here but I'll definitely be watching Ron kick ass live online.

UtahApocalypse
01-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Normally I watch every debate that Ron Paul is in. Tonight is up in the air, my girlfriend might win out.

killatop
01-10-2008, 04:12 PM
you guys have it all wrong. Watching fox news for one show isn't going to help them that much. We need to get as many people as we can to watch so that Ron Paul can get his message out!!! This is an opportunity for RP to own everyone. If you don't want to watch it yourself we should at least be hyping it and trying to get friends, family's, and co-workers to watch it.

StateofTrance
01-10-2008, 04:18 PM

God Damn! You are OLD, man. :D

legion
01-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Families that have Nielson boxes on their TVs determine ratings.

Your satellite TV box never reports what you are viewing.

Watching the debates tonight on TV will not raise or lower Fox's ratings.

ForTheRevolution
01-10-2008, 04:54 PM
We've shown them what their ratings are when they exclude Ron Paul...why not show them how their ratings increase when they include Ron Paul? This may prevent them from excluding us from further debates.

roflwofl89
01-10-2008, 05:01 PM
We've shown them what their ratings are when they exclude Ron Paul...why not show them how their ratings increase when they include Ron Paul? This may prevent them from excluding us from further debates.

This is a really good point, this way they will know just how many people really support the man! I wish we could check the ratings ourselves though for that forum vs the ABC debate. (if we can, tell me how please! :))

Churchill2004
01-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Unless you have a Nielsen box, you don't affect the ratings.

beachmaster
01-10-2008, 05:21 PM
I was informed by a letter from my cable company that my rates are going up, in part due to fees charged by (they named names) FOX CABLE among others. That made my blood boil. I got on the phone and canceled my extended basic cable (which has all the news channels) and downshifted to regular basic (like 12 channels or so) which includes local Fox affiliate but that's a lot more bearable than Fox news. Bastards! They can kiss my ass.

Visualize President Paul!