PDA

View Full Version : California is the Key

alexa doherty
01-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Everyone will need to refer back to this thread and wait for Feb 5th because California will be the key to Paul taking this thing. I firmly believe we have the most attitude and agressive patriotic spirit out here. More than any other state. That is why a lot of states hate us and fear us. So many people say California is screwed because of it's illegal immigration and this is true but having such a harsh enviroment creates an enviroment for revolution.

I can promise you that Obama, mccain, thompson and huckabee will be laughed out of this state. We may be sinners out here to the overly religious crowd but we're very much aggro when it comes to illegals. The pro illegal aliens groups will be voting for hillary. They don't care for african americans out here so much(i'm not talking crap, it's a fact).

Just remember that NH is only the 2nd state. The MSM is really pushing things and saying that if so and so doesn't win NH then they are really in trouble. Well the media is doing this because they don't want certain people to get to the 5th. Things will get very interesting on the 5th. This is political war.

The NH diebold machine voting thing is a serious bummer, However if any giant lawsuits don't happen, I think they will certainly happen from California and we'll sort this election out. Though I would please ask that people in other states, Do your best to get some delegates so we can bring this thing home once the primary gets to California.

alexa doherty
01-10-2008, 05:29 AM
up

pickfair
01-10-2008, 05:33 AM
I'm looking forward to Super Tuesday because we get a more accurate representation of the whole nation. NH and IA were just two states - that was hardly telling. And I for one will be voting in CA for RP ;)

santopia
01-10-2008, 05:36 AM
I respectfully disagree.

I think Michigan is key and here's why:

There is no Dem race. Pundits and the GOP insiders will be watching carefully for clues as to which Republican candidate pulls the most Dem voters. This will be the best indicator for them as to who on the Republican side can defeat Obama/Hillary.

If Ron Paul takes Michigan by receiving a large number of Dem votes, there's a chance that the GOP party may see that only he can beat the Dem's in Nov.

This plays right into our hand as Ron Paul has the most appeal to Dem's for his anti-war and anti-bush views.

A win in Michigan could turn this race upside down and propel Ron Paul to the top of the GOP pack. MSM coverage would skyrocket with stories of "Can Ron Paul beat the Dem's?".

To this point we've been fighting a lack of core GOP support. If party insiders see that Ron Paul appeals to Dem voters they will have no choice but to get behind his candidacy and help us push him to the nomination.

nosebruise
01-10-2008, 05:40 AM
except they would probably rather let a democrat win than see ron paul get elected. :(

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 05:41 AM
California is doing a GREAT job. I live in northern California and we put up signs EVERYWHERE. I knocked on 40 houses alone today(although most weren't interested) but still the message is being pushed hard. California has a lot of MEETUP groups and active supporters. I am dominating my junior college out here. They LOVE Ron Paul.

RickyJ
01-10-2008, 05:44 AM
I firmly believe we have the most attitude and agressive patriotic spirit out here.

I don' t know about that. California has a ex-roid user as governor that would like to be a dictator because he thinks most people don't know what they want, they have to be told.

stewie3128
01-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Giuliani's leading this state in the polls - probably a result of rural CA worrying about the turrurists. After they realize that Huckabee's a Christian (psst... have you heard? Mike Huckabee's a Christian!) they'll vote for him which will conveniently divide the vote for us.

Some of the least Republican districts in the country are in CA, and delegates are awarded for the RNC by-district, so we have a real shot at picking some up here.

mtmedlin
01-10-2008, 08:27 AM
California IS THE KEY. Look at the way they give out their delegates. It isnt winner take all. If we concentrate our efforts on this state, I really believe that this could be the big win that moves his campaign forward. Then again I have been saying this since they changed the rules.

Redcard
01-10-2008, 08:31 AM
And I too, respectfully disagree.

Michigan is a penalty state. They have less delegates up for grabs than Iowa.

I think the key states that Paul can be working in for Feb 5th should be: TN, MO, IL, GA.

Possibly even extend into OK.

Those are heartland states that could be receptive to his message, those are all red states, and those are all states that I think will be ignored due to candidates campaigning in the Big Two of NY and CA.

There's going to be a lot of money pumped into CA, and CA is a blue state. I disagree that Hillary and Obama will be laughed out of there, I think that they'll be welcomed with open arms, as Democrats always have been.

Ron LOL
01-10-2008, 09:16 AM
San Diego is working its collective ass off for Ron Paul. We're up to 892 Meetup members now, which is good for fourth.

extrmmxer
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm out here in So. Cal. I just heard a Ron Paul ad on KFI AM 640. We need to work hard out here because I believe California is key as well. I've heard Rudy ads for several weeks. I think we need to catch up to Rudy.

alexa doherty
01-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Giuliani hasn't a chance in hell out here. He's seen as a weasely new yorker who had a sanctuary city for illegals, not a californian. Californians will hate him for that, Yeah people voted for arnold but a lot of it had to do with making sure Cruz Bustimonte didn't win. No one wanted a mexican as gov.

California is very anti-war and very anti-illegals.

The small rural towns don't really exist anymore with so much growth and "flight"(people leaving the cities) going on. You'd be surprised. I visited some rurual stops recently. Towns that had only 50 thousand, 7-8 years ago, now had 80+ thousand.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Here in south OC I see Ron Paul bumper stickers a lot, but no signs yet.

alexa doherty
01-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Here in south OC I see Ron Paul bumper stickers a lot, but no signs yet.

Those will be coming soon.

thisisgiparti
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
This blog asks Ron Paul a very important question about the incorporation doctrine:

http://www.extremeink.com/awtk/2007/12/ron-pauls-incorporation-problem.html

also, check out the sticky from Mack about NH. it's at the top of this forum.

ErikBlack
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
I agree California has a good chance of coming out for Paul. We are typically a liberal state and NH and Iowa showed that Paul is drawing a LOT more crossover liberal voters than traditional conservatives. I, for one, cast my vote today for Ron Paul in California's primary by absentee ballot.

alexa doherty
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Hmm I wouldn't say we're liberal at all. I'd say we're independent, anti-war and anti-illegals. But we pretend to love everyone in social situations.

terryhamel
01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
CA will be great. I say this being plugged into the NV call center and working their refined system. New features are being added, further the revolution! I hope to be a part of the CA campaign after we're done in NV.

alexa doherty
01-13-2008, 11:55 PM
CA will be great. I say this being plugged into the NV call center and working their refined system. New features are being added, further the revolution! I hope to be a part of the CA campaign after we're done in NV.

Tell us more

austin356
01-14-2008, 12:00 AM
except they would probably rather let a democrat win than see ron paul get elected. :(

lol

no wait that is a completely false statement.

bcreps85
01-14-2008, 12:25 AM
lol

no wait that is a completely false statement.

I dunno...at times I think they wouldn't mind having Hillary in office. She's a controllable puppet. Clintons will do anything for power.

Talcott
01-14-2008, 01:11 AM
California is crucial.

schweicks88
01-14-2008, 01:19 AM
i was so happy to hear that my uncle that lives in Santa Rosa loves Ron and is voting for him

dannno
01-14-2008, 01:33 AM
I live in california, me and all 3 of my roomates are voting for him and some of my friends (not to mention all the random people i've met campaigning for him).

My parents live a few hours away in a retirement community.. my mom is voting for him and the other night she was at a dinner and one of the guys at the table said "I got my absentee ballot already, and I voted for Ron Paul and sent it in today!"

Joby
01-14-2008, 01:42 AM
I dunno.

I think we need some serious investment, and preferably some momentum.

We need to convert a lot of people in such a populous state.....but i do think we have potential. The great thing about Dr Paul is that he will get votes from a nursing home and a tweaker pad, and everything in between....we just need to get the message out.

ST0PandL00K
01-14-2008, 01:54 AM
bump for awesomness

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-14-2008, 01:59 AM
I see a lot RP bumper stickers here in south OC. :)

josh24601
01-14-2008, 02:05 AM
Still no forum for winning CA? What are we waiting for?

alexa doherty
01-14-2008, 02:09 AM
I agree, this forum should be put up. Someone contact cowlesy.

Nailhead
01-14-2008, 02:30 AM
myself and i convinced my folks to vote for paul...kern county

alexa doherty
01-14-2008, 11:21 PM
myself and i convinced my folks to vote for paul...kern county

What cities are there?

Paul10
01-15-2008, 01:30 AM

terryhamel
01-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Basically, there's an automated database that feeds a name, number, script and links and accessed through a secure LAN via a web browser. We call with to confirm caucusing and provide people with location, time, training, and strategies. Emails are sent to reinforce the info. No duplication, everything trackable. We've made over 2000 calls a day.

4ronpaulinfo
01-15-2008, 03:04 PM
San Diego is working its collective ass off for Ron Paul. We're up to 892 Meetup members now, which is good for fourth.

Too bad San Diego won't do anything to be part of Project100Cars.com. I started this and it is a non-profit project. Could you imagine what an effect it would be if 300 Cars in San Diego were to drive around with a Ron Paul Window Decal?

if you would like to co-ordinate with me give me contact me at project100cars@gmail.com

Daniel De Carolis
www.project100cars.com

danish
01-20-2008, 11:24 PM
I like California's chances best also