PDA

View Full Version : We are trying to win the GOP nomination.

skeet
01-10-2008, 03:03 AM
Folks, I get it. I understand that we have other options, but we are competing for the GOP nomination.

All this talk of 3rd party runs and what not is -loser talk- (sorry had a king of the hill moment)

Please let's focus on winning. We can win. We have the money - and Ron will spend it on advertising. We have big plans for Super Tuesday.

Join the precinct captain program, work the targeted list via canvassing, and let us do this!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 03:07 AM
"Loser talk" is people who are more loyal to the GOP than they are to Ron actually winning.

The GOP has rejected Ron. They have treated him like garbage from day one. How many races will Ron need to be crushed in before you realize we are in the wrong party? Two more? Three more? New Hampshire was our best shot. It's a state almost perfectly designed for Ron, and we did not do that well. I'm proud of the race so far, and we got a lot of mileage out of the debates, but it's time to move on.

This corrupt two-party system is broken. If the nutcase Perot could come within inches of the White House in 1992, Ron can actually WIN in 2008.

Spirit of '76
01-10-2008, 03:20 AM
Folks, I get it. I understand that we have other options, but we are competing for the GOP nomination.

All this talk of 3rd party runs and what not is -loser talk- (sorry had a king of the hill moment)

Please let's focus on winning. We can win. We have the money - and Ron will spend it on advertising. We have big plans for Super Tuesday.

Join the precinct captain program, work the targeted list via canvassing, and let us do this!

I agree, and I think most of us understand that.

There are a handful of annoying kids who have no respect for Ron's own decision to run as a Republican, so they keep trolling this forum with silly posts about how we should already be running third-party.

Fortunately no one takes them seriously.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 03:23 AM
I agree, and I think most of us understand that.

There are a handful of annoying kids who have no respect for Ron's own decision to run as a Republican, so they keep trolling this forum with silly posts about how we should already be running third-party.

Fortunately no one takes them seriously.

Be prepared to eat these words in a couple months, or sooner. Why do you think Ron has not ruled out a third party run?

skeet
01-10-2008, 03:25 AM
Spirit of 76 , thanks! I really needed to see your post. I was begining to think I was in some sort of alternate universe.

dblee
01-10-2008, 03:25 AM
"Be prepared to eat these words in a couple months, or sooner. Why do you think Ron has not ruled out a third party run?"

GOD you are annoying.

So what, forgo all other efforts until then? We're just moving forward under the assumption that there is no other option. Until the time comes THEN we'll be worrying about that.

what the hell is the point of talking about it now?

Spirit of '76
01-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Be prepared to eat these words in a couple months, or sooner.

Oh, look! Here's one now.

lol

Why do you think Ron has not ruled out a third party run?

Because he understands that we won't let him quit even if he doesn't receive the Republican nod. In the meantime, we should all be doing everything in our power to secure the Republican nod.

I'm convinced that the two or three people who spend all their time on this forum agitating for a third-party run right now are just doing so because they're too lazy or too scared to go out and try to win over the Republican base.

Spirit of '76
01-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Spirit of 76 , thanks! I really needed to see your post. I was begining to think I was in some sort of alternate universe.

Like I say, it's really just a handful of annoying kids pushing for the third party run now. They may be loud and in-your-face, but there's really not very many of 'em.

Madison
01-10-2008, 03:38 AM
After reading this I am having less hope the GOP establishment will ever nominate Ron Paul:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_tNPDEslGVPk/R4UDkyJGEDI/AAAAAAAAAAM/xu_y5fDDmiw/s1600-h/MarApr87%282%29.jpg

Doesn't mean I will stop trying though.

shasshas
01-10-2008, 03:52 AM
I Agree