PDA

View Full Version : => Today, GOP Debate <=

frasu
01-10-2008, 02:13 AM
Several of the candidates already have early-state wins under their belts heading into Thursday's debate, leaving the competition wide open. Huckabee won the Iowa caucus, Romney won a primary in Wyoming and McCain won in New Hampshire. Giuliani is campaigning on a national strategy that relies on his wide name-recognition, while Thompson is staking his campaign on Southern conservatives and Paul has an ardent base of supporters and very succesful fundraising.

Meanwhile, Thompson has several Horry County stops scheduled today on his bus tour across the state. Other candidates have planned events Thursday.

debates again... i almost forgot about today... we in, we fighting, we go on!

good luck Dr. Paul!

is Myrtle Beach ready? any RP revolutionaries at the debate?

The debate will be broadcast live at 9 p.m. by FOX News from the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. Brit Hume, the channel's Washington managing editor, will moderate the debate. Anchor Chris Marchingorders Wallace and White House correspondent Wendell Goler will ask questions.

kushaze
01-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Hell yeah!!!

Dr. Paul needs to go all in and go after everyone. Attack! Attack! Attack! Don't be timid. This debate could be a big stepping stone if he uses it right.

Constitution Supporter
01-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the info. I was wondering when it was.

Jobarra
01-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Wonder if they'll ask the question I submitted in their survey on the debate website. Could get some very interesting deer-in-headlights looks from the other candidates and the Fox moderators would probably be stupid enough to ask it thinking they know his foreign policy position and that his answer would crush him :D

rfbz
01-10-2008, 02:20 AM
gonna be a little awkward being on Fox right after calling them a fraud, lol

should be interesting

frasu
01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
expect blowback...

pacelli
01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Hell yeah!!!

Dr. Paul needs to go all in and go after everyone. Attack! Attack! Attack! Don't be timid. This debate could be a big stepping stone if he uses it right.

I think we need Ron to conjure up a little bit of himself from back in 1988.

Looking forward to the debate, I'm sure I'll be screaming and shouting at the TV.

pacelli
01-10-2008, 02:23 AM
gonna be a little awkward being on Fox right after calling them a fraud, lol

should be interesting

Yes, he's going to have to be ready for blowback, and HOPEFULLY, so will they!

frasu
01-10-2008, 02:41 AM
^^

kushaze
01-10-2008, 02:45 AM
I think we need Ron to conjure up a little bit of himself from back in 1988.

Looking forward to the debate, I'm sure I'll be screaming and shouting at the TV.

Yeah I think he has to act pissed off like the guy from the movie Network. He needs to go after McCain with the 100 years in Iraq issue for sure. He has to be clever and go after Huckabee somehow without upsetting his Evangelical following. He has to let Americans know how passionate he is about this country.

AggieforPaul
01-10-2008, 02:48 AM
I agree, I wanna see Ron Paul be AT LEAST as pissy as he was with Laura Ingrham. A return to Morton Downey pissiness would be even better.

pacelli
01-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Yeah I think he has to act pissed off like the guy from the movie Network. He needs to go after McCain with the 100 years in Iraq issue for sure. He has to be clever and go after Huckabee somehow without upsetting his Evangelical following. He has to let Americans know how passionate he is about this country.

I agree-- I'm not sure if tonight will be the time for that. Here's why. There are 2 more debates this month. MSNBC debate from Florida on 1/24. And CNN/LA Times debate from California on 1/30.

I think Ron will probably come on a bit stronger tonight, but I don't see him making any big moves. He'll probably still be playing defensively since Thompson hasn't dropped out.

Kilrain
01-10-2008, 02:52 AM
This is the Ron Paul that I want to see in the debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLnP8VuoV4

Say it with me - assertive!

pacelli
01-10-2008, 03:04 AM
I agree, I wanna see Ron Paul be AT LEAST as pissy as he was with Laura Ingrham. A return to Morton Downey pissiness would be even better.

Thanks for bringing that up. For whatever reason I totally missed the Laura Ingraham interview, and that is pretty recent. After listening to it for the first time, I'd say the doc still has it in him.

kushaze
01-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Is there any way we can let Dr. Paul know that we want to see him a little more angry in these debates? Would he do it?

pacelli
01-10-2008, 03:07 AM
This is the Ron Paul that I want to see in the debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLnP8VuoV4

Say it with me - assertive!

YEAH!

pacelli
01-10-2008, 03:08 AM
Is there any way we can let Dr. Paul know that we want to see him a little more angry in these debates? Would he do it?

He's pretty good at sizing up the intent of the question, especially when it comes from Fox.

I think he realizes that he has to be careful to avoid coming off as a fringe candidate and playing into the "loon" propaganda.

Shink
01-10-2008, 03:08 AM
Blowback in the form of some snide questions? I'd hardly consider that a change of pace in any way.

Ron needs to be himself....but with THE FIRE. He has it, but often keeps it down deep. I imagine he usually lets it out by secluding himself in the woods and causing boulders to levitate.

Joe3113
01-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Blowback in the form of some snide questions? I'd hardly consider that a change of pace in any way.

Ron needs to be himself....but with THE FIRE. He has it, but often keeps it down deep. I imagine he usually lets it out by secluding himself in the woods and causing boulders to levitate.

Quoted for being a contender for 'best post in the history of this forum'.