PDA

View Full Version : Just had a thought about Door-to-door strategy...

Joe3113
01-10-2008, 12:47 AM
...what if, instead of going into a diatribe about Ron straight away, your first question was:

"Hi, I just want to take a moment of your time to ask you if the Constitution of the United States is important to you when choosing who to vote for in the presidential primaries?"

Answer will be 'Yes'

"OK....and which candidate best embodies the Constitution in your opinion (and will you vote for them)?"

When they answer Mitt Rommel, Insane McCain, Tax Hikabee, Sleepy Fred or Ghouli.....you hit them with a fact about one of those people disobeying the constitution.

Then when they look confused you say that Ron Paul is the only one who has never once violated the constitution and then you give them a flier or something.

Job done!

Trigonx
01-10-2008, 12:49 AM
not a bad idea

McDermit
01-10-2008, 12:52 AM
No. Keep it positive. First impressions are important. Don't make yours a negative one.

literatim
01-10-2008, 12:54 AM
We have a door-to-door strategy.

It's http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

Anyone who hasn't signed up to this needs to quit being an armchair supporter.

Azprint
01-10-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL@ Mitt Rommel part.

Sentinelrv
01-10-2008, 12:55 AM
I agree, because once somebody bothers you at your house to start talking about who they should vote for, they just want to get away from you. Instead of praising Paul right away, we need to find things negative about the candidate of their choice, and then talk about Ron Paul as a replacement that has no negatives. Then get them to google him or something to see his videos.

Joe3113
01-10-2008, 12:56 AM
No. Keep it positive. First impressions are important. Don't make yours a negative one.

Disagree. They won't go for Dr Paul if they are not turned off their own candidate.

The old strategy HAS NOT WORKED. It's worth a try in my opinion.

What if I changed it to not even mentioning Dr Paul but simply handing them a sheet which compares the candidates on their constitutional integrity. A nice clear comparison.

Or try both ways and see how they go.

Sentinelrv
01-10-2008, 12:58 AM

First impressions are: A lot of people don't care and secretly want you to go away. We need to give them a reason to change their mind, and not just praise Paul.

Joe3113
01-10-2008, 12:59 AM

I'm in Australia dude :) ....doin my best

I'm also working on ObamaVPaul.com ....still got more to add to it

jake
01-10-2008, 01:04 AM

Currently serving 3902 Precinct Leaders in 3272 precincts

... COME ON NEED MORE!!

RSLudlum
01-10-2008, 01:11 AM

ditto....don't attack their candidate so blatently, just state RP's views on their main issue and give em some lit.

jrich4rpaul
01-10-2008, 01:13 AM
Better idea:

Have them do a multiple choice test that matches their views with an ideal candidate.

When 99% of the people see that Ron Paul will bring everything they've always wanted to their lives, success.

Joe3113
01-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Better idea:

Have them do a multiple choice test that matches their views with an ideal candidate.

When 99% of the people see that Ron Paul will bring everything they've always wanted to their lives, success.

I like this too.

Ask them a series of questions and then say Dr Paul agrees with all of that but your candidate doesn't.

Sentinelrv
01-10-2008, 01:38 AM
Multiple choice is even better, since you avoid saying something negative about their chosen candidate, but its an obvious negative to them and a positive for Paul.

enjoiskaterguy
01-10-2008, 02:44 AM
It's too negative...It will get A LOT of people pissed OFF if they already are voting for someone.

Joe3113
01-10-2008, 02:47 AM
It's too negative...It will get A LOT of people pissed OFF if they already are voting for someone.

Maybe pissed off just enough to change their vote.....what sort of ignoramus wouldn't change their vote if they found out someone stood for something close to their ideals?

McDermit
01-10-2008, 02:51 AM
how would you feel if someone showed up at your door pretending to do a survey... Then started dissing Ron Paul while stumping for Giuliani. I'd be livid, and it'd be hard not to punch the guy.

From both a marketing and a political standpoint, this is a terrible idea.

Joe3113
01-10-2008, 02:54 AM
how would you feel if someone showed up at your door pretending to do a survey... Then started dissing Ron Paul while stumping for Giuliani. I'd be livid, and it'd be hard not to punch the guy.

From both a marketing and a political standpoint, this is a terrible idea.

Of course you would be livid, because you know you are right! Anyone who supports Giuliani, McCain, Romney etc is ignorant and if they hear the truth they might be willing to change their mind.......maybe you don't have to even mention paul, but just give them a flier comparing the candidates on the constitution.

Edu
01-10-2008, 08:17 AM
just give them a flier comparing the candidates on the constitution.That's a great idea. Only problem is a lot of people don't know Paul's stance on things. Maybe put a small Ron Paul plug on the back side.

freedominnumbers
01-10-2008, 08:22 AM
voters.ronpaul2008.com

First Lit Drop
THEN Phone Poll
THEN Convert

Follow the plan to make Ron Paul a happy man.