PDA

View Full Version : This Is Working For Me - Get The Vote!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-10-2008, 12:25 AM
For the past week or so I have been getting up at (sometimes even staying up until) 5 a.m. The reason I am doing this is because I am getting in my truck and making the rounds to all the convenience stores, diners, fast food places, etc. These places have crowds of elderly folks who gather to talk and gossip with each other while they drink their coffee and read their papers. I simply walk in and shake hands and ask them their opinions on the Presidential race thus far and about world issues. These people LOVE to talk and are typically delighted that someone who they perceive as young is willing to sit and talk and listen to their opinions. I always talk about Ron Paul and give them the full story. I would say 65% of them are very impressed that there is a candidate out there who shares so many of their views. I have even offered to give some rides to the polls on the day of our primary.

I have seen a lot of complaint here about "old people" but remember folks, we too shall be old someday and our vote will count just as much then as it does now. We need to set a brushfire under these people because it will not only spread with them but they will be telling their kids and their grandkids about Ron Paul.

So dont forget to hit the spots where the elderly tend to gather. I know my town is not alone. Every town I go to has a few spots at least where the old folks gather to gossip and we are missing a virtual goldmine of voters if we pass them up. Trust me - These people are willing to listen!

damon04
01-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Bump... great idea! I have had the same experience at my golf course.. all my senior players are there at 6 AM drinking coffee and talking politics... they are very receptive..

american empire
01-10-2008, 12:36 AM
bump

Spirit of '76
01-10-2008, 02:30 AM
For the past week or so I have been getting up at (sometimes even staying up until) 5 a.m. The reason I am doing this is because I am getting in my truck and making the rounds to all the convenience stores, diners, fast food places, etc. These places have crowds of elderly folks who gather to talk and gossip with each other while they drink their coffee and read their papers. I simply walk in and shake hands and ask them their opinions on the Presidential race thus far and about world issues. These people LOVE to talk and are typically delighted that someone who they perceive as young is willing to sit and talk and listen to their opinions. I always talk about Ron Paul and give them the full story. I would say 65% of them are very impressed that there is a candidate out there who shares so many of their views. I have even offered to give some rides to the polls on the day of our primary.

I have seen a lot of complaint here about "old people" but remember folks, we too shall be old someday and our vote will count just as much then as it does now. We need to set a brushfire under these people because it will not only spread with them but they will be telling their kids and their grandkids about Ron Paul.

So dont forget to hit the spots where the elderly tend to gather. I know my town is not alone. Every town I go to has a few spots at least where the old folks gather to gossip and we are missing a virtual goldmine of voters if we pass them up. Trust me - These people are willing to listen!

Perfect! This is how we win.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-10-2008, 11:04 AM
blimp bump