PDA

View Full Version : I'd rather support a winner and lose, than support a loser and win.

idrake
01-10-2008, 12:18 AM
Not that we're going to lose, but it was just a thought I had in the car today after debating with someone about RP's viability.

knappz
01-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Couldn't agree more!

JMO
01-10-2008, 12:19 AM
same here, and the other 2 people I work with that support Ron Paul said they were going to vote for him even if it looks like he has no chance. I live about 3 blocks from my polling place, so I won't have a excuse.

Constitution Supporter
01-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I also agree. I have heard of a lot of people on here saying people told them they won't vote for RP because they don't think he can win. I mean, besides the important matter of principle, if they would all stop saying that and just support him, then he would have a much better chance of winning. Saw some bumper sticker (or shirt or something) online a while ago (can't find it now, I've looked ever where!) that said something like : "Ron Paul 2008. Because the lesser of two evils is still evil."
I remember one time some one gave the lesser of two evils example using Hitler and Stalin in a hypothetical election, to show the point that the lesser of two evils is still evil.

dsentell
01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
"I'd rather support a winner and lose, than support a loser and win. "

WOW! What a quote. Those are my exact sentiments. There are threads on this forum asking who is our second choice -- there is no second choice!

Ron Paul gets my vote -- PERIOD (even if I have to write it in!).

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I would rather lose by being right than win by being wrong.