PDA

View Full Version : Floridians..Paul needs some of your love here

Cindy
07-22-2007, 05:19 PM
This is from a southern Florida news paper, and its horrifying, not to mention the comments that came after it. They love Fred and Romney and know nothing of Paul.

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south-florida-com/TMHPESB2S2I9DKLVI#lastPost

DeadheadForPaul
07-22-2007, 05:25 PM
done

Johnnybags
07-22-2007, 05:45 PM
You'll need an endorsement from the "outlaws" , that's FOX News subliminal testing country. They will do whatever FOX tells em. They think Fred already is president and he is simply transitioning from TV.

ThePieSwindler
07-22-2007, 05:51 PM
I hope the "FredHeads" realize that if Fred 1) ever got to the elections 2) even participated in a fair debate that he would get shredded to pieces. Some of his ideas are good, but he simply will not beat a democrat because of his stance on the war. The majority of Americans do not want to continue the war in Iraq, much less have anything to do with more wars (like Iran). So Fred might win the primary.... great, he will lose in a landslide, however. If true conservatives really don't want high taxes, socialized health care, etc, they need a candidate who will have a shot at winning!

RCA
07-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I just posted my comment. :D

FunkBuddha
07-22-2007, 05:55 PM
done. We should start playing good-cop bad-cop on these things.

Quantumystic
07-22-2007, 06:01 PM
yup yup :cool:

*played "Worse Cop"*

JosephTheLibertarian
07-22-2007, 06:03 PM
see my comment? I'm playing "bad cop" heh

BLS
07-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Comment posted (I tried an alternative approach)

I for one would like the war in Iraq over, and for our country to stop illegal immigration cold.

I've done some reading lately about my choices, and because I am a conservative, I know we're supposed to support the war, but I think it's a big lie and was very poorly managed. Saddam is gone, we should get out before we suffer another Vietnam.

History is the greatest predictor of the future.

It seems that every running for the GOP is pro war, and I don't want a Dem (surely not Hillary or Obama). I want LESS taxes, LESS government, LESS laws.

So I started getting into my choices. Tancredo looked OK, but I think he dropped out.
Then I ran into some youtube vids of this guy named Ron Paul. He seems to make alot of sense and his voting record is impecable. NEVER voted to raise taxes or give himself a raise. I thought I had lost my mind when I started looking more into him.

I've only read a few pieces on him, but MAN is this the REAL DEAL.

No illegal immigration.
He wants to bring our troops home, stop wasting that money and use them to secure our US/Mexico border.

He doesn't even want to reduce taxes.
He wants to ELIMINATE our income taxes. At first I thought...now how in the He!! is he going to do that?! He says if we cut spending DRAMATICALLY at the federal level, we don't need to collect income taxes.

Do you realize how much more money I'd have every 2 weeks!?!?!?

I haven't found any 'dirt' on him yet, but he seems squeaky clean.

If you guys want more info, try youtube. There's a TON of videos on him...it's crazy.

Cindy
07-22-2007, 06:17 PM
WOW! You guys are GREAT! I think the comment section now balances out the horribly biased article and those ignoranmous first comments.

Awesome Job and thanks! There is a LOT of money in Sounthern Florida and so many of those people do not know who Ron Paul is. Romney has been running a lot of comercials in this state.

The sad part is, i found this at my local meetups message board. The poster said, "Look! You guys are letting these canidates steal our State." The group has 70 ish members, and not even the poster of this article put up a comment under it.

Now, when anyone from that meetup clicks on the link, and read the comments- They will see how its done. :cool:

Little efforts can go a long way, and Florida is BIG to get covered, as its primary is now the 3rd one, bumped up even before South Carolinas.

Thanks again!

Cindy
07-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey quantumystic (love your user name)

I saw you live in Bradenton too. I'm in Greyhawk Landing off Rt 64 by 75. Where are you at?

Again, you guys rock!!!!

Now I can go back to that meetups message board and say, Please check out the comment section now. This is what you need to do, when someone posts a Newspaper article like this. It's a quick and easy way to educate possibly hundreds to thousands of readers.

Cindy
07-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Joseph,

Are you the bad cop fred Thompson guy? I laughed soooo hard. You put the FredThopmsonforum there. Oh My God, my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

Gee
07-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Please, if you are interested in getting Dr. Paul elected, try not to attack the other candidates or their supporters. That only makes people defensive, and drives them away from RP. The idea isn't to try and prove how correct your or RP's positions are, but rather to introduce people to RP's ideas.

Quantumystic
07-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey quantumystic (love your user name)

I saw you live in Bradenton too. I'm in Greyhawk Landing off Rt 64 by 75. Where are you at?

Again, you guys rock!!!!

Now I can go back to that meetups message board and say, Please check out the comment section now. This is what you need to do, when someone posts a Newspaper article like this. It's a quick and easy way to educate possibly hundreds to thousands of readers.

I have NO idea why it did that. I live in east Orlando. Go figure.

Bradenton's pretty though. Knew a couple that taught ballroom dance lessons at the old Fred Astaire there back in the early 90s.

Keep up the good fight there!

Donate to Ron Paul! "Bring your checkbook... cha cha cha!" :D

Henry
07-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I responded but my message got edited since there was more. Go check it out for yourself I'm under Henry. less than half was shown. If you read it it's obvious to see that in not the same message. It doesn't make sense!!

Cindy
07-22-2007, 07:13 PM
Henry,

When I read through yours, I loved it. What stood out to me was your saying you kinda agreed with that guy, and then, your saying, you believe in the tooth fairy too.

Gee,

I ussually see it like you reminded us too. My first comment there did carry that tone. It was when I went back there today, and saw that guy follow me with the smug comment saying,

"No one has DONE what they said they would do except for Mitt Romney", my tone changed.

I have no regret for following him with a WRONG! and the facts of what Paul HAS done to walk his talk, and no regrets about adding the facts about Romneys current phoney campaign bust. I have no respect for what Mitt knowingly allowed his campaign aides to do.

I hope the Romney fan there googles the story now, to see what I was talking about.

I just read about this a few hours ago.
http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/view.bg?articleid=1012402

Romney is gaining serious traction in Florida. People need to know about this stuff.

Reminder duly noted though.:)