PDA

View Full Version : Why are people so skeptical about South carolina?

AggieforPaul
01-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Everyone though Iowa was hick town where only Bush acolytes lived, and new Hampshire was filled with independent minded libertarian intellectuals. Wrong we were.

Ron Paul could literally clean up in the South. Although a lot of people may disagree with his anti war stances, his Southern roots and his integrity will more than make up for it.

And plus, his informed view on the Civil means a LOT to some people I know living in the South. Some of my friends and I want to cry when we read all this crap deifying lincoln in the history books.

jasonuher
01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
Southern roots and his integrity

You are aware that most of America would think you were talking about Shucksterbee at this point right?

I mean, they'd be wrong, but they don't know that.

I wouldn't count on charm and heritage giving us any points anywhere in the south.

jrich4rpaul
01-09-2008, 11:57 PM
The MSM is already saying Huckabee will take it because of religion. People will buy into it and vote just because of that.

My SC prediction is:

1. Huckabee
2. Romney
3. McCain

AggieforPaul
01-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Huckabee is vulnerable here, we hate amnesty advocates.

cicatrice
01-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm currently in Greenville, SC. In terms of signs, RP and McCain have had lots up, just today Huckabee's sign number has increased to be on par with the former two mentioned but that's around the Furman University area and he's supposedly going to be on that campus this week. There's some Romney, some Giuliani, and virtually no Thompson.

JiMMy_247
01-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Immigration is big here in SC and Huck sucks on that. The local conservative radio shows seem to talk smack about Huckabee more and more. Not that he isn't a threat because of religion but the people that call in to these shows are mostly either Thompson supporters or Ron Paul supporters... they are looking for a really conservative-conservative, not a front runner. So there is hope, cuz Thompson is easily derailed.

jd603
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
S.C. is another de-certified Diebold state, that's why I am skeptical, we haven't had an honest election for the republicans yet.

I figured enough people would have fought their states about this by now.

Everyone though Iowa was hick town where only Bush acolytes lived, and new Hampshire was filled with independent minded libertarian intellectuals. Wrong we were.

Ron Paul could literally clean up in the South. Although a lot of people may disagree with his anti war stances, his Southern roots and his integrity will more than make up for it.

And plus, his informed view on the Civil means a LOT to some people I know living in the South. Some of my friends and I want to cry when we read all this crap deifying lincoln in the history books.