PDA

View Full Version : This is American Idol. If we accept that, we can win.

jrich4rpaul
01-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Let's face it, 90%+ of the American population can't pay attention long enough to learn about policies. And if they do pay attention, they don't understand them. If this was untrue, we'd have more than 9-10% nationwide.

Nobody leading in the polls is winning with knowledge, experience, or honesty. It's image, gimmicks, and catch phrases.

If we want to win this election we need to start playing the game. It's sad to say, but we're actually too smart to win the election at this point.

Exposing our opponent's flawed policies and flip-flops won't do a thing. We need dirt if we're going to win this American Idol competition.

Azprint
01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah, that is why democracy isn't all that great. Bread and circuses and these people make decisions LOL.

jrich4rpaul
01-10-2008, 12:02 AM
I honestly think we need voter registration tests be required to recieve a voting liscence that people would need to go vote. If you have poor political knowledge, then you are deemed a hazard to the nation and cannot vote.

knappz
01-10-2008, 12:08 AM
"...The survey found more people could name the three "American Idol" judges than First Amendment rights and were more likely to remember popular advertising slogans."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002113807

Luft97
01-10-2008, 12:12 AM
I honestly think we need voter registration tests be required to recieve a voting liscence that people would need to go vote. If you have poor political knowledge, then you are deemed a hazard to the nation and cannot vote.

I think that I agree with your statement =\

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 12:17 AM
He needs a TV show. It can be web based and viral, and rebroadcast on public access cable, but he needs one, and he needs one, now. That is the only thing that will capture the attention of duh masses. The good news is that we can do this: we have writers, artists, videographers, photographers, editers, FX expert, voice talent, actors, you name it, we've got it. We can do this. There is a writer's strike on, and the people are starved for entertainment. Why not give them infotainment? We can do sketches, creative edits, opponents' bloopers, you name it. What say you?

jrich4rpaul
01-10-2008, 12:18 AM
He needs a TV show. It can be web based and viral, and rebroadcast on public access cable, but he needs one, and he needs one, now. That is the only thing that will capture the attention of duh masses. The good news is that we can do this: we have writers, artists, vodeographers, photographers, editers, FX expert. We can do this. There is a writer's strike on, and the people are starved for entertainment. Why not give them infotainment? We call do sketches, creative edits, opponents' bloopers, you name it. What say you?

That would probably work.

Azprint
01-10-2008, 12:19 AM

I thought about it and came to the same conclusion. There should be political Tests 2-3 month prior to any elections, voluntary, it is obligation of every citizen to be RESPONSIBLE voter.

jrich4rpaul
01-10-2008, 12:26 AM
I thought about it and came to the same conclusion. There should be political Tests 2-3 month prior to any elections, voluntary, it is obligation of every citizen to be RESPONSIBLE voter.

One question would be "How do you decide who you will vote for?"

Anyone who picks "TV coverage" will be banned from voting for life.

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 12:26 AM
That would probably work.

It could be done immediately, with copies of each episode (edition?) being sent to the media, so possible re-broadcast. This needs to be done!

jasonjasonjason1
01-10-2008, 12:31 AM
aa

figueir2
01-10-2008, 12:32 AM

+6.02 x 10^23

SeanEdwards
01-10-2008, 12:35 AM
This is correct.

The campaign needs to get their shit together and start treating the election like the circus it is.

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 12:40 AM
This is correct.

The campaign needs to get their shit together and start treating the election like the circus it is.

Ron Paul for Ring Master.

Azprint
01-10-2008, 12:42 AM
This is correct.

Butt naked marathon for Ron Paul anyone? Anyone? God damn it...

doronster195
01-10-2008, 12:43 AM
I agree with the voting tests, but it would be unconstitutional. You can't prohibit a citizen of this country from voting.

VoluntaryMan
01-10-2008, 12:44 AM
Butt naked marathon for Ron Paul anyone? Anyone? God damn it...

It could be hosted by Joe Francis.:(

SeanEdwards
01-10-2008, 12:54 AM
I agree with the voting tests, but it would be unconstitutional. You can't prohibit a citizen of this country from voting.

Sure you can. Felons and crazy people are barred from voting.

jasonjasonjason1
01-10-2008, 12:59 AM
aa

Azprint
01-10-2008, 01:02 AM
A felons right to vote isn't denied, it's forfeited when they choose to break the law.

And crazy people are just crazy :D

So the law should be introduced, which persecutes political illiteracy :D

noztnac
01-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Or we can shock America out of its faux patriotic flag waving stupor and shut down their zombified American Idol idiotfest!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=74702

Drknows
01-10-2008, 01:04 AM
"...The survey found more people could name the three "American Idol" judges than First Amendment rights and were more likely to remember popular advertising slogans."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002113807

This is why I try to watch what I eat and drink. Something is making these people brain dead. Corn syrup anyone?

jrich4rpaul
01-10-2008, 01:41 PM
bump