PDA

View Full Version : We Have A Problem...

UtahApocalypse
05-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Everyone needs to read this article on digg. Also they should read the comments. I do understand somewhat there point. digg has been a good place to be able and get out information, since the MSM wont. However, due to how many posts, and diggs articles are getting we are wearing out our welcome. I think we have hit a critical mass where we will start losing support from people that read digg rather then gaining and getting the word out. I know that Ron Paul articles are not all coming from any one site so we cant really stop them from being posted. What we can do though is use digg as it is truly intended. Bury articles that do not have quality information. bury articles that are just dupes of other articles. Dont just blindly digg articles if you haven't read them. and most important DO NOT USE MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS. definitely still digg articles that are new and have important facts. take part in discussion and education people on Ron Paul's stance on the issues. Lets be respectful of the digg community and not turn them against us.

http://www.digg.com/tech_news/10_Sites_That_Violate_Digg_s_TOS

swatmc
05-21-2007, 09:47 PM
I think everyone should take it down a notch. Wait until just after June 5th's debate and then get another wave of info, blogs, message board posts, phone calls, etc.

You don't want to burn people out on the election in general when it's so far away.

You also don't want to force anything on people.

Politely suggest Ron Paul as an alternative to the mainstream candidates: Obama, Hilary, Giuliani, and McCain. And back it up with logic, facts, reason, and the US Constitution. Which is what just about everybody has been doing.

Everybody needs to pace themselves.

Myself included.

-Mike

cujothekitten
05-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Yeah I mentioned this earlier in another post. I don't use digg very often but I can't imagine this being an attractive way to get your message across. I've also noticed the same thing happens on youtube and that can get kind of irritating. I'm cool with 2 pages of different Ron Paul videos but when it's 2 pages of the same video it's kind of annoying... I can only guess what it's like for everyone else (though I haven't heard to much about it in the comments).

Anyway, cool down on the digging. Only digg one of the articles, there's no reason to upload 5 copies and try to get them on the front page.

swatmc
05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
I think that all the supporters of Ron Paul need to all be accounted for and there should be some kind of hierarchy .

Organization is paramount and everyone needs to be kept in check, should not cross boundaries, and should all act in the interest of nothing less than Ron Paul winning the presidency.

Does putting certain videos on youtube help? Does calling Hannity's how a few hundred time help? I am not sure.

Ron Paul is a great candidate for president... nothing more... nothing less.

The people out there supporting Ron Paul are part of a revolution, make no mistake. However, we all need order, discipline, organization, motivation, accountability, etc.

What's the best way to do this?

winston84
05-21-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't even have a Digg account, but I concur. There are some videos and articles that don't deserve the attention they are garnering. There is especially no reason to have duplicate videos. Good thread, bump this up.

Kandilynn
05-21-2007, 10:08 PM
The only thing I do on digg is read articles. Sometimes, I might leave a comment, and on rare occasions if it is an article I haven't seen before I will digg it.

I know there are people who abuse digg, but I'm not one of them. And I think that a lot of the diggers are techies that are frustrated that there is a politics section at all. There was an article about Bush and they were complaining saying that they remember the good old days when tech articles were on the front page.

cujothekitten
05-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Does putting certain videos on youtube help? Does calling Hannity's how a few hundred time help? I am not sure.

Calling Hannity doesn't do squat (his listeners are half brain dead) but by all means keep uploading to youtube, he has a healthy following on there. As long as there isn't 10 copies of the same video on the front page no one will mind.

For digg people shouldn't make multiple accounts and digg everything Paul. If you're going to create a digg article make sure you're only making one so there aren't multiple copies... besides that just waters down the diggs and comments.

We should continue to vote on the online polls for sure.

billv
05-21-2007, 10:26 PM
In case it wasn't seen earlier, drop the buzz a notch at places like digg. It is gettting a bit ridiculous that Ron Paul is in every story on the front page. The users of the community seem rather annoyed and it's going to start rubbing off on Ron too. Just be judicious in where you place stories or comments and ask yourself is it welcome here or not first.

billv
05-21-2007, 10:31 PM
Also, just spread the word to other supporters to pace themselves, I've thought this myself. Keep getting the word out but be very judicious in the manner you do it. Just try not to turn anyone off to Ron. First impressions are everything.

DrKevorkian
05-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Completely agree. We're starting to earn enemies there. Tone it down and only digg stories that have new information, not just rehashed old stuff.

tnvoter
05-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Good thread.

I think we should use our power correctly, as stated here:

"If it's something groundbreaking or interesting (like his stuff on 9/11 and Giuliani) that's worth a Digg. "

Way to keep ourselves in check guys. :)

mesler
05-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I tend to agree, although i think some of it is sour grapes and pointless whining. So he's got a line on the front page, why do they care? How much effort does it take to move your eyes one inch down your screen and move on to the next article?

There is the possibility of 'blowback' from being too aggressive, however, and that should be considered.

So basically I think yes we should calm down on digg a bit, and the whiners need to suck it up and move their eyes down an inch and get on with their lives, instead of spending time arguing with RP supporters.

TheConstitutionLives
05-21-2007, 10:50 PM
I agree. You can't feed chickens by throwing their food at them.

enan
05-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Perhaps a separate subforum for online things should be set up like Digg, blogging, polling, etc. We could alert people to votes/unique articles/blog posts concerning Ron Paul.

We really do need to help curtail the spam over at Digg, because a few of RP's supporters are fairly unethical. bigdavediode had posted up about how there's a Ron Paul newsgroup that's gaming digg. I've read his posts, and while he seems a little abrasive, but he has a point. I think that he, as well as the rest of digg, have the right to be a little bit mad that Ron Paul articles have swamped their community.

People here who are members of digg could help by digging only significant stuff, and linking people who post duplicates to an article which has significantly more diggs/burying the crappy stuff. I made an account today, so... we'll see how that goes. Hopefully if we can prove to the other digg users that there are many of us who aren't unethical about how we go digging stories, it could possibly outweigh the mass of sockpuppets other less scrupled people have created. I'm not sure if this is ethical, but having a thread or something like that where we try and be out on the lookout for duplicates and redundant posts about Ron Paul to bury if need be might help. a little bit of organized effort could trump a lot of sockpuppets.

sn is orman there.

SeanEdwards
05-21-2007, 10:59 PM
I think that all the supporters of Ron Paul need to all be accounted for and there should be some kind of hierarchy .

Organization is paramount and everyone needs to be kept in check, should not cross boundaries, and should all act in the interest of nothing less than Ron Paul winning the presidency.

You sound like you are channeling Rudy Giuliani.

FREEDOM IS AUTHORITAH!

enan
05-21-2007, 11:03 PM
You sound like you are channeling Rudy Giuliani.

FREEDOM IS AUTHORITAH!

and abuse of it will only hurt Dr. Paul. we need to be mindful of what goes on on the internet.

aravoth
05-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah that stuff has to stop. It's part of the reason I haven't posted any new vids to youtube. We don't want to burn the candle too quickly here. Part of this problem is Alex Jones. I love the guy, he's veryt good at what he does, but he's pushing all at once, and we still have over a year to go till election time. People gotta stop this shit.

enan
05-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Is there any way to contact Alex Jones to request that he lay off digg for a bit about Ron Paul, or are we going to have to consistently bury his stories as they come up so as not to bug the community?

mesler
05-21-2007, 11:19 PM
My site was mentioned, even though it was a hidden article that I posted for testing with, and I removed the article and apologized if I violated their ToS.

billv
05-21-2007, 11:46 PM
I tend to agree, although i think some of it is sour grapes and pointless whining. So he's got a line on the front page, why do they care? How much effort does it take to move your eyes one inch down your screen and move on to the next article?

There is the possibility of 'blowback' from being too aggressive, however, and that should be considered.

So basically I think yes we should calm down on digg a bit, and the whiners need to suck it up and move their eyes down an inch and get on with their lives, instead of spending time arguing with RP supporters.

Almost all of the political page is Ron Paul 24/7

Seth M.
05-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I would like to present the idea that there are those that would like to see Ron Paul off the net.. whatever it takes... (flood digg, flood youtube) etc.. then come back and comment. and keep doing it till members get tired of seeing Ron Paul and then do it some more.. Think of a childs actions.

:mad:

enan
05-21-2007, 11:47 PM
that pisses people off. Ron Paul isn't the only candidate people like. Mike Gravel is a favorite there, but he never gets any articles because Ron Paul articles choke him out. Same goes to other candidates.

Razmear
05-21-2007, 11:49 PM
I agree. You can't feed chickens by throwing their food at them.

Um, thats exactly how you feed chickens. :D

But the point should be taken, not that were gonna make LGF an ally anytime soon.

eb

mesler
05-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I would like to present the idea that there are those that would like to see Ron Paul off the net.. whatever it takes... (flood digg, flood youtube) etc.. then come back and comment. and keep doing it till members get tired of seeing Ron Paul and then do it some more.. Think of a childs actions.

:mad:

That idea has merit, but it only happens after people get ticked off, which seems to be happening thanks to some overzealous digg activism.

I started an "Activism HowTo", on my Wiki, I think it needs to be revisited.

carla8478
05-21-2007, 11:51 PM
I like the analogy, "Most people like chocolate pie....until it's shoved in their face.":)

mesler
05-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Almost all of the political page is Ron Paul 24/7

I didn't realize it was that much. :eek:

Yes, people need to be more respectful. I started an Activism HowTo on http://www.ronpaulpresshub.com/wiki, please help me update it, and let's point people to it to prevent this type of thing in the future.

enan
05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
Well, at any rate, I say we could possibly police our own at Digg (report spammers ourselves - check the posting histories of people, if they joined a week ago and have posted twenty Ron Paul articles, we know they spam, also bury crap articles, post up links to the more relevant articles on the buried ones.) The other thing I see is people censoring others via digging down the comments. We could also try and collectively push people back on the up and up. Dissent's patriotic and what not.

We really need a subforum to organize all these things.

mesler
05-21-2007, 11:56 PM
I warned of this on forums as well. I have seen some folks who have 3 posts arguing with folks who have 20,000 posts on some forums, and it's obvious they are only there to promote Paul. That type of activism should be discouraged, as I have done in the past.

aravoth
05-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Here's the big problem. Every fricken Time I turn around some conspiracy alarmist is posting stupid shit on my vids that have absolutly nothing to do with Ron Paul. Like my stop dreaming video, it's nothing but Dr. Pauls voting record and how he stands on the issues in his own words. What the hell does that have to do with Mind Controlling Aliens armed with anal probes? Like anyone gives a shit that Bigfoot came out of a ufo and had sex with a chupacabra, spawing the Neo-con elite that planned and organized september 11th. Gimme a break. I'm tired of it.

And it's not just my vids either, look at the comments on every Ron Paul vid. If it's not something about cute furry creatures being slaughtered in Botswana, it's Reptillian Highlords flying out of hollow earth. How am I doing so far? Anyone else notice the same shit?

This is absolutley, without a doubt, the last friggan thing we need. People need to understand, just because "Loose Change" and "Area 51" are cool on the internet, it doesn't mean that joe-six-pack gives a damn about it. Most people are worried, and not about conspiracies, they are worried about money. I'm a Realtor, my entire job is driven by the economy. And right now, it's a shithole. It is nearly impossible for first time buyers to purchase a home. People are getting forclosed on because of predatory lenders, those issues are the things that people worry about. Things like jobs, healthcare, the war, education, and thier kids.

Every single time some 20 year old kid worrying about something that happened 6 years ago walks up to Dr. Paul and asks him a question about 9/11, that stupid clip winds up on youtube, and then bitches like Michele Malkin use it to discredit him. Take a lesson from Ron Paul, everything you do has consequences, thats what he meant by "blowback".

I'm all for free speech, but if these guys want better than a snowballs chance in hell of him even being able to get elected at all, they need to shut the hell up.

/rant off

enan
05-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Well, post count doesn't discount the validity of one's argument, but if they're just doing it to heckle (e.g. >: ( Ron Paul is the greatest you meanie!) or responding with the same broken argument, then I'd agree.

What type of thread was it?

whoaaa arawrath. :)

aravoth
05-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Bad day... long day, I'm going to bed.

enan
05-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Hope you feel better, man.

So, who else thinks we should make a separate subforum just to manage internet diplomatic relations?

Seth M.
05-22-2007, 12:15 AM
what about making a poll look upsurdly crazy high.. then saying oh those ron paul hackers again... each time they create the reality

think firecracker

is there anything we can do about that?

mesler
05-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Here's the big problem. Every fricken Time I turn around some conspiracy alarmist is posting stupid shit on my vids that have absolutly nothing to do with Ron Paul. Like my stop dreaming video, it's nothing but Dr. Pauls voting record and how he stands on the issues in his own words. What the hell does that have to do with Mind Controlling Aliens armed with anal probes? Like anyone gives a shit that Bigfoot came out of a ufo and had sex with a chupacabra, spawing the Neo-con elite that planned and organized september 11th. Gimme a break. I'm tired of it.

And it's not just my vids either, look at the comments on every Ron Paul vid. If it's not something about cute furry creatures being slaughtered in Botswana, it's Reptillian Highlords flying out of hollow earth. How am I doing so far? Anyone else notice the same shit?

This is absolutley, without a doubt, the last friggan thing we need. People need to understand, just because "Loose Change" and "Area 51" are cool on the internet, it doesn't mean that joe-six-pack gives a damn about it. Most people are worried, and not about conspiracies, they are worried about money. I'm a Realtor, my entire job is driven by the economy. And right now, it's a shithole. It is nearly impossible for first time buyers to purchase a home. People are getting forclosed on because of predatory lenders, those issues are the things that people worry about. Things like jobs, healthcare, the war, education, and thier kids.

Every single time some 20 year old kid worrying about something that happened 6 years ago walks up to Dr. Paul and asks him a question about 9/11, that stupid clip winds up on youtube, and then bitches like Michele Malkin use it to discredit him. Take a lesson from Ron Paul, everything you do has consequences, thats what he meant by "blowback".

I'm all for free speech, but if these guys want better than a snowballs chance in hell of him even being able to get elected at all, they need to shut the hell up.

/rant off

You're not alone in this sentiment. People need to realize that detractors will use anything as ammunition against him, but we shouldn't make their jobs easier.

Seth M.
05-22-2007, 12:17 AM
im infj
id partake in some brainstorming i think its a good idea

mesler
05-22-2007, 12:21 AM
what about making a poll look upsurdly crazy high.. then saying oh those ron paul hackers again... each time they create the reality

think firecracker

is there anything we can do about that?

Polls are being trumpted way too much. Does it matter if RP wins my blog poll if I only get 10 visits a day, and the votes is like 1000-3 or something? Think about how that affects the small blog community on that site, maybe they really were interested in what the 'regulars' thought, who the regulars were rooting for. And then the poll was invalidated and made completely useless (instead of just mostly useless.) In a situation like that, RP support is *detremental*.

I still see people wanting to fight with this horserace2008 jackass who vandalizes Paul's pic.. People have been fighting with this guy for MONTHS, and all they are doing is 'radicalizing' him even more. If we had just ignored his damned poll the first time he removed Paul from the list, things would be much better off.

billv
05-22-2007, 01:49 AM
I still see people wanting to fight with this horserace2008 jackass who vandalizes Paul's pic.. People have been fighting with this guy for MONTHS, and all they are doing is 'radicalizing' him even more. If we had just ignored his damned poll the first time he removed Paul from the list, things would be much better off.

BLOWBACK =)

SAVEamerica
05-22-2007, 04:42 AM

/rant off

I agree completely. Here's a perfect example of it. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UydCZJeQPPQ) This kid keeps asking about all this NWO stuff and there's a big infowars logo right at the beginning.

Anyone here that believes these things, you have to understand that this is going to hurt his campaign more than helping it. Please try to keep it in check. Being labeled as a conspiracy theorist is not going to help Rep. Paul get elected.

ronpaulitician
05-22-2007, 09:02 AM
comment left on original article:

I'm a Ron Paul supporter. I dislike the whole "everyone, go here and dig everything Ron Paul" attitude. I joined digg not too long ago, and believe I may dig an article every other day or so. I don't really see the point in spamming. It's just going to backfire (as evidenced above).

If your argument alone isn't strong enough to convince people, the spamming certainly isn't going to do it. I understand the theory behind the spamming (name exposure), but believe that goal has already been accomplished. Further spamming will frustrate online users, and will undo any positive effects that the first wave of spamming may have created.

In regard to the mainstream media, and their silly online polls that they put up (why put them up if you're going to ignore the results?), I think there's nothing wrong with an organized effort that says "everyone, go vote on this poll, but vote only once". I believe the same principle should be applied to digg. "Everyone, dig Ron Paul articles you like, but don't overdo it". Same with posting messages on
forums. I've seen a couple of Ron Paul supporters come in and spam a board with a handful of Ron Paul threads, where they could've easily just replied to existing threads.

In their defense, some of these supporters don't seem to have a whole lot of experience with online etiquette, and some of the ones that do are so passionate about Ron Paul that they forget all about the established rules.

I believe that communication between the two parties ("Ron Paul supporters" and "online community as a whole") will eventually result in an acceptable solution, which will hopefully prevent organized spamming in future elections as well.

NMCB3
05-22-2007, 09:10 AM

/rant off I agree 100%, the neocons are already playing the guilt by association card. The thing is Ron has no control over who supports him and who does not. I just wish these people were smart enough to realize the harm that they are causing.

vertesc
05-22-2007, 09:53 AM
regarding - structure to the RP supporters... recognize first, that what you are asking for is an organized conspiracy to support Ron Paul. I have no problem with that, but I revel in the irony.

Second, probably the best people to head the organization is the RP campaign headquarters itself. I suggest we self-organize, and then present ourselves to the RP headquarters as a resource.

Regarding organization: would this site administration be interested in starting a website structure? Sort forum accounts up by region, and we could set up people to manage each region, with corresponding lieutenants to help them out. This would enable us to, say coordinate a nationwide "march for Ron Paul" day, and other attention-getting activities. Something like meetup.com, but with a higher level structure, and with an established base of RP fanboys.

Bryan
05-22-2007, 11:01 AM
What's the best way to do this?
I would suggest "social contracts" - basically where each individual thinks of the code of conduct that they will take an oath to uphold. Perhaps they write their own or start from a boilerplate. Yeah, it's hard to prove any volitions of a social contract but all of the accusations against Dr. Paul supporters have not been back by any proof corroborated by independent and neutral parties, so they should really be called out as such. They can also be posted on our "Ron Paul Media Matters" forum here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Just read the guidelines carefully before posting.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-22-2007, 11:33 AM
A grassroots-centric campaign will always have some high energy, but misguided individuals expending lots of energy in questionable endeavors that those people feel are highly worthwhile, but actually are damaging to the overall goals of the campaign. That happens to some degree in all campaigns, but because of the net-centric nature of the "Ron Paul Revolution," there are a lot more web-based venues to "promote" Dr. Paul that may actually have unintended consequences and be counterproductive.

You can be sure the MSM will be looking under lots of rocks and looking for another "vast right wing conspiracy" that is sanctioning supporters to violate the terms of service of the various social networking sites to promote Dr. Paul.

As the official Paul campaign expands and enhances their web strategy, they probably do need to come up with some guidelines for web-based campaigning and promotions so that the campaign can officially distance itself from some of the elements that might take a more unconventional approach to internet advocacy so that we can't be accused of spamming, freeping, or worse.

Another aspect to consider is that with the highly diverse kinds of people the Paul campaign is attracting, there will be many who were never active users of Digg, MySpace, and YouTube, among others, and out of simple ignorance they may be doing things to try and increase the awareness of Dr. Paul that violate the Terms of Service (e.g. the "fine print") of those social networks when one signs up.

Finally, you can be sure that there will be anti-Paul elements masking as Paul supporters doing unethical things on the web so that the blame can be launched at Paul supporters or the campaign to discredit his growing popularity. Unfortunately, that's the ugly side of a web-based campaign where you can't authenticate who is posting what.

The key is for the official campaign to run an extremely ethical campaign beyond any reproach and to note that forums such as this are not officially affiliated with or directed by the official campaign, though we should all voluntarily strongly support the issues and policies as outlined on the official campaign web site.

NewEnd
05-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Fact is, Ron Paul is exploding on the internet.

The old school diggers, are upset, because there are a bunch of digg newbs flooding Digg. Digg itself should be glad.. probably about 10 - 20% of the people who signed up for Ron Paul will end up becoming long time diggers.

In time, digging everything Ron Paul will stop.

More chaos, less control.

Everybody on the internet is claiming Ron Paul is "spamming" (a real abuse of the word). This is utter bullshit. How can a few thousand people be owning the ENTIRE internet right now?

Ron Paul's movement is real, we all know it, and people are surprised by how powerful it is.

The internet is the 2008 election battle field. Look at how all the other candidates are trying to capitalize on it early.

Reminds me of the Nixon-Kennedy debate... when TV was teh new battlefield. Luckily for us, Television was all about appearance... the internet is all about ideas. Thank god the politics of cosmopolis nightmare will soon be over.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-22-2007, 11:51 AM
regarding - structure to the RP supporters... recognize first, that what you are asking for is an organized conspiracy to support Ron Paul. I have no problem with that, but I revel in the irony.

Second, probably the best people to head the organization is the RP campaign headquarters itself. I suggest we self-organize, and then present ourselves to the RP headquarters as a resource.

Regarding organization: would this site administration be interested in starting a website structure? Sort forum accounts up by region, and we could set up people to manage each region, with corresponding lieutenants to help them out. This would enable us to, say coordinate a nationwide "march for Ron Paul" day, and other attention-getting activities. Something like meetup.com, but with a higher level structure, and with an established base of RP fanboys.

A conspiracy is inherently criminal to accomplish objectives that are legal. I know that the official campaign, the hosts of this forum, and its legitimate contributing members DO NOT advocate anything illegal to promote Dr. Paul and his ideas.

With that being said, there is nothing wrong with organizing and coordinating the grassroots efforts of Dr. Paul's supporters to achieve legitimate campaign information objectives via all legal and ethical means possible.

con·spir·a·cy (kən-spîr'ə-sē) pronunciation
n., pl. -cies.

1. An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.
2. A group of conspirators.
3. Law. An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
4. A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas.

UtahApocalypse
06-12-2007, 05:05 PM
Bump: this seems to need to be read by others that m issed it a few weeks ago

LibertyEagle
06-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I agree totally with you Avaroth. Don't you think part of the problem is that people want so badly to help Ron Paul and they don't know exactly how best to do that? Sometimes even well-intentioned overzealousness hurts our cause.

Seems to me that as a whole we need to be spending some time getting good materials together that we can use to hand out to people, beyond the internet. I'm talking about door-to-door, if need be. There are so very many people off doing their own things and that is great, but it seems like we're having a lot of duplication of effort. For example, I must have seen 10 different people off trying to figure out what to burn to a CD. Or even, obtaining/creating signs/banners.... I'm thinking about the Ron Paul Revolution signs. If every meetup group wants these, seems like we could pay to create the templates and pass them out to everyone. Heck, I'll even fund a decent part of it, myself. It just seems that in a lot of cases, a lot of people are spinning their wheels.

Perhaps we need a campaign-level tier for all the meetup groups. So, a few of these basic things, like some of the general signs, CDs, campaign literature, can be coordinated U.S.-wide, so each of us doesn't reinvent the wheel and we have what we need to take to the streets and be much more effective.

Iowa and New Hampshire are coming up very soon.

Any thoughts?

TrueGenius
06-13-2007, 01:58 AM
I agree totally with you Avaroth. Don't you think part of the problem is that people want so badly to help Ron Paul and they don't know exactly how best to do that? Sometimes even well-intentioned overzealousness hurts our cause.

Seems to me that as a whole we need to be spending some time getting good materials together that we can use to hand out to people, beyond the internet. I'm talking about door-to-door, if need be. There are so very many people off doing their own things and that is great, but it seems like we're having a lot of duplication of effort. For example, I must have seen 10 different people off trying to figure out what to burn to a CD. Or even, obtaining/creating signs/banners.... I'm thinking about the Ron Paul Revolution signs. If every meetup group wants these, seems like we could pay to create the templates and pass them out to everyone. Heck, I'll even fund a decent part of it, myself. It just seems that in a lot of cases, a lot of people are spinning their wheels.

Perhaps we need a campaign-level tier for all the meetup groups. So, a few of these basic things, like some of the general signs, CDs, campaign literature, can be coordinated U.S.-wide, so each of us doesn't reinvent the wheel and we have what we need to take to the streets and be much more effective.

Iowa and New Hampshire are coming up very soon.

Any thoughts?

I'd like some ideas. I'm new to the campaign, just two days old. Just happened upon Ron Paul through researching and issue with the IRS. I've been posting things on my own blog (that's how I found out about you all - someone reponded to one of my postings and linked me to you).

I've been researching for the past two days on everything Ron Paul: local meet-up groups, campaign committees, how to help, what to do, etc. I've been trying to figure out the best way to help from the comforts of my own home late at night.

Send me suggestions, please.

angrydragon
06-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Start with friends and family. Tell them to spread the word too. =)