PDA

View Full Version : Top 12 Reasons To Not Elect Ron Paul

SevenEyedJeff
01-09-2008, 11:44 PM
12. I feel it is far more entertaining to have a president who likes to lie, tell jokes, and is willing to make a fool of himself once in awhile. The issues just don't matter as long as we can get a good laugh off the evening news.

11. Ron Paul doesn't have a subliminal message of a cross in his ads to let me know he's a Christian like me. I prefer politicians who use their religion for political gain. Leading by setting a good example just doesn't cut it these days.

10. I like having the federal government taking care of us in emergencies, especially since they did such a fantastic job after Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. I think those emergency supplies are still in West Virginia somewhere.

9. Ron Paul voted against the war in Iraq, in the face of stiff opposition from other members of Congress, but I prefer a president who likes to follow the crowd, and be "patriotic."

8. Ron Paul is the only one who will try to repeal NAFTA, but I actually prefer my low paying job with no health insurance. Would you like some fries with that?

7. The corporate owned media keeps telling me he can't win, and I want to vote for a winner. If the winner destroys the country, well, it still felt good to be on the winning team!

6. By sending our jobs overseas, we get cheap, sweet products back from China like toys with lead in them and poisoned dog food.

5. Ron Paul wants to abolish the Federal Reserve, but I like paying my fair share of interest on the debt to the private banks because it teaches me financial responsibility.

4. A bunch of poor defense contractors will be out of business, and will hurt the economy. Plus Al-Qaeda might get us.

3. I think we should keep the Dept. of Education, because "no child left behind" simply means that more than one child was left behind.

2. I like giving all this money to the IRS, because it makes our country stronger and more prosperous. I'm sure about 2% of the money finds its way back into the schools and local police department. That's why they have a budget.

1. Having a president with a name other than Bush or Clinton violates free speech. Plus, it might get hard to remember who the president is if they changed the name. This way I have a 50-50 chance of getting it right.

heath.whiteaker
01-09-2008, 11:51 PM
only 12?

Fox McCloud
01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
*laughs* I love this satire...but sadly, I've met people that have made comments that are somewhat similar to what you have stated.

11. Ron Paul doesn't have a subliminal message of a cross in his ads to let me know he's a Christian like me. I prefer politicians who use their religion for political gain. Leading by setting a good example just doesn't cut it these days.

This one strikes a personal chord with me, as a Christian....I'm very distressed to see fellow believers in Christ taking this as a tried and true point for them.....there's a number of people that I know who are "Christians" who support Huckabee simply because he's a Baptist minister....quite scary, considering that Huckabee's voting record, life, and "walk" don't speak that...

what's that one verse? Oh yeah, it was Jesus talking about scribes and Pharisees "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me" -Matthew 15:8

heath.whiteaker
01-10-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm Christian as well.... as I pointed out to a few members of my church Ethics should be the easiest part of being a Christian.... Right?

So why does Huckabee have so many ethics violations?

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-10-2008, 12:36 AM
13. My investments are in Chinese, defense, and oil stocks and shorting USA mortgage, USA housing, and USA automotive companies and I am too lazy to change.

Dave Pedersen
01-10-2008, 12:44 AM
14. Ron Paul is a nut a flake a kook crazy and insane. He cannot win because is a longshot quixotic darkhorse outsider Libertarian who only runs as a Republican to steal votes from the Democrats and his supporters include all the dangerous fringe elements who hate America. And that's all I need to know about Ron Paul.