PDA

View Full Version : I support staying in it until the end (third party), but..

jrich4rpaul
01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
If Ron Paul refuses to give up and runs third party (if we don't do well on Super Tuesday), the problem I see with a third party run is that the media will cover up all evidence of his run by announcing Bloomberg as the third party candidate, which will blackout any acknowledgement of a Paul run.

I'm prepared to dump my tax return into a Paul third party run and I'd support him until the very last day of the election, but it seems like the MSM already has this strategy planned.

Alawn
01-09-2008, 11:41 PM
No I think that is just the backup plan if Ron Paul wins the nomination so they can split vote enough for Hillary to win.

Azprint
01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Bloomberg is running?

jrich4rpaul
01-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Bloomberg is running?

He hasn't said so yet, last time I heard. They're probably waiting so it'll be "big" news. But it's been talked about

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Anyone who would NOT continue supporting Ron if he left the GOP is a traitor and not a real revolutionary. Our loyalty is to Ron and to the Constitution, not to some lame, dying, corrupt, war-mongering party.

But guess what? Once we go third party, even MORE people will join us, millions and millions of them.

jrich4rpaul
01-09-2008, 11:56 PM
But guess what? Once we go third party, even MORE people will join us, millions and millions of them.

Agreed. We're losing a LOT of votes due to the fact that most of the Democrats who support RP are too lazy to change parties for the primaries.

Jobarra
01-09-2008, 11:58 PM
I recall him saying that he ISN'T going to run. Of course, I'll believe that when it's Nov and his name isn't on the ballot.

jrich4rpaul
01-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I recall him saying that he ISN'T going to run. Of course, I'll believe that when it's Nov and his name isn't on the ballot.

Do you mean Bloomberg? If so, that's also what Thompson said for awhile I believe. And that was just for political drama when he finally did.

Goldwater Conservative
01-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Anyone who would NOT continue supporting Ron if he left the GOP is a traitor and not a real revolutionary. Our loyalty is to Ron and to the Constitution, not to some lame, dying, corrupt, war-mongering party.

Agreed, at least as a third party or independent candidate Paul wouldn't have to jump through the bizarre hoops of a primary election process. No more "register Republican, become a delegate, learn how to caucus, etc." It'd simply be "register to vote (as whatever), then vote on 11/4."

Also, as stupid as this may sound to some, the stigma of being "another Texas Republican" would be gone. 2008 is possibly more ripe for someone to shake up the two parties than even 1992 was.

parke
01-10-2008, 12:02 AM
chill your butt out and look at the big picture.

Who else is going to have 20M to spend on Super Tuesday? I trust Ron Paul.

slowmotionjones
01-10-2008, 12:13 AM

You honestly believe our visibility and viability will improve by going third party? We aren't Ross Perot.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 02:09 AM
You honestly believe our visibility and viability will improve by going third party? We aren't Ross Perot.

Yeah, we're better than Ross Perot.

Joe3113
01-10-2008, 02:44 AM

Especially if Hillary gets the nomination because Obama will not run third party and his supporters will come to us.

Perhaps we need to leave diebold alone until Hillary wins the nomination?

coz if Obama wins, he will keep all his ignorant, superficial, pop culture loving minions, who may just come to us if Hillary won.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 02:47 AM
Hillary winning the Dem nod could actually result in Ron being able to WIN third party. We could pick up huge numbers of antiwar, anti-establishment Democrats.