PDA

View Full Version : GOP out of money? Hmmmm...

-lotus-
01-09-2008, 11:32 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7321.html

Very interesting article on Politico concerning minority leader Boehner's leadership of the congressional Republicans and the financial state of affairs with the GOP. Apparently its not looking good. Perhaps this can be spun in RP's favor? Maybe pointing out to people that the most likely the reason that the GOP is broke is due to lack of donations from their now disenchanted base and a lot of those funds are now being dumped into funding the spread of true Conservative Republican's message instead of just dumping it into a general fund that might go to a candidate that doesnt truly stand for the Republican Party.

Who is RP's PR in this thing? They need to have stuff like this passed along for some good spin.

-lotus-
01-10-2008, 10:47 AM
anyone bother reading this want to weigh in on this?

Chester Copperpot
01-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I didnt read it, but it wouldnt be the first time Ive heard about some state GOP being near bankrupt.

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 10:49 AM
I agree that Ron Paul or his campaign needs to use this to their advantage.

I hope they will.

I will submit this to campaign suggestions.

Moxxar
01-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Wasn't there an article in the NYtimes a few weeks ago saying the GOP was asking millionaires to run for office and use their own money (because the party didn't have any :D)?

Pete
01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Reading material for the GOP:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0894864025

Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself

olehounddog
01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I jumped a guy from the RNC the other day. Called and wanted me to renew my RNC membership. I told him NO MONEY to any body but Ron Paul. After about 5 min. of my rant economy, unconstitutional war, and the decline of our personal freedoms, he says "I can see you're passionate on this so let me ease your burden and put you down for 1/2 this year. That's when i really went off. I told him no money no support. Every spare dime I get is going to Dr Paul. That I would never give a penny to support the neocon warmongers.
To make a long story short, I got my RNC card in the mail anyway. I put the card and a Ron Paul slimjim in the donation envelope and sent it back.
I do the same with every credit card application or just about anything I get that has a return envelope enclosed.