PDA

View Full Version : FairTax taxes CHURCHES!

Naraku
01-09-2008, 10:56 PM
If they provide taxable property or services in connection with contributions, dues or other payments to the organization, then the provision of the taxable property or service is treated as a taxable purchase at the fair market value of the taxable property or services. Example: An organization sells tickets to a dinner to raise funds for the group and charges $100 per ticket which includes a $25 dinner and a $75 donation. The organization has to collect tax on the $25 dinner portion of the ticket. Also, the sale of Bibles by a church is taxable.

Source: FairTax (http://www.fairtax.org/PDF/PlainEnglishSummary_TheFairTaxAct2007.pdf)

This is something that should be gotten out to Evangelicals on Huckabee. I can guarantee this will make many of them squirm.

Also pointing out his connections to CFR may work on some since a lot of Evangelicals do not like the CFR.

nate895
01-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Source: FairTax (http://www.fairtax.org/PDF/PlainEnglishSummary_TheFairTaxAct2007.pdf)

This is something that should be gotten out to Evangelicals on Huckabee. I can guarantee this will make many of them squirm.

Also pointing out his connections to CFR may work on some since a lot of Evangelicals do not like the CFR.

Go after it. God, I wish I could pick up and move to South Carolina for next week.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-09-2008, 11:06 PM

AWESOME! They love the fair tax.

Naraku
01-09-2008, 11:15 PM
Make them hate it like all sane Americans would.

Hope
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I know many Christians who think it's wrong for religious groups to get a break from the government. I don't think this is all that great a snipe -- I mean, it basically just means it's FAIR to EVERYONE, no matter who they are. We should educate them about the Fair Tax by telling them it's unconstitutional, IMHO.

nate895
01-09-2008, 11:40 PM
I know many Christians who think it's wrong for religious groups to get a break from the government. I don't think this is all that great a snipe -- I mean, it basically just means it's FAIR to EVERYONE, no matter who they are. We should educate them about the Fair Tax by telling them it's unconstitutional, IMHO.

When was the last time you heard out of someone's mouth "Is that Constitutional?," the only time you hear that anymore is if the person already dislikes the policy.

gracebkr
01-09-2008, 11:43 PM

Religious groups don't get a break. They are funded by people who already paid their taxes, why should that income they spent be taxed again when the church or whatever doesn't receive any tax dollars.

SeanEdwards
01-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Do away with the income tax, and replace it with a pew tax.

:D