PDA

View Full Version : Event turnouts

andrewgreve
07-22-2007, 03:16 PM
I wanted to make this thread so people can post information about the number of attendees at the recent big RP campaign stops. I'm just gonna put down what I remember from the top of my head. Please add what you have.

Kansas City: ~680

Iowa June 30th Rally: 1200+ (one blogger wrote that there were two turnstyles as you entered the facility which he added together to get this number)

Google: ~1500 (according to Lew Rockwell's account) anyone have any other numbers on this?

South Carolina: i've heard numbers ranging from 700 to 2000 plus. Can anyone clarify this kinda big discrepancy?

Any other recent events?

JosephTheLibertarian
07-22-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm seeing some good numbers here :) the media is actually the reason why Ron Paul's poll numbers are down.. name recognition, they talk about everyone BUT Dr. Paul. They do that.. then they wonder why he has a low name recognition, what a god damn joke.

Lord Xar
07-22-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm seeing some good numbers here :) the media is actually the reason why Ron Paul's poll numbers are down.. name recognition, they talk about everyone BUT Dr. Paul. They do that.. then they wonder why he has a low name recognition, what a god damn joke.

Right.... "certain" people own the media and they don't want ron paul mentioned. All we need is some brave soul to come out and say "yeah, there is a directive not have ron paul on..."

JosephTheLibertarian
07-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Right.... "certain" people own the media and they don't want ron paul mentioned. All we need is some brave soul to come out and say "yeah, there is a directive not have ron paul on..."

Why not? He would actually tax them less :rolleyes: but he would also open the door for free market entry into media.... uh oh. Our current media is *very* Fascist.

aint it the ultimate catch 22??

*Low polling due to lack of name recognition
*lack of name recognition due to the fact that the media seldom mentions him
*media won't mention him due to his low polling

hmmmm I remember in the beginning the media PUSHING Mitt Romney.. remember those hour specials? No one knew him! Someone should teach the media a lesson... if there were a revolution, the first place I'd go to would be FOX NEWS!

DeadheadForPaul
07-22-2007, 03:31 PM
I
South Carolina: i've heard numbers ranging from 700 to 2000 plus. Can anyone clarify this kinda big discrepancy?

I was at the Greenville event but not Spartanburg. Spartanburg supposedly filled up all their seats so I'd say at the low end 300 and at the high end 500

Greenville filled up all the initial seating and they had to open up a back room to add more rows of seats. Bare minimum: 700. Tops: 1100. I know some people did informal head counts so they could probably provide more accurate numbers. I think for each campaign stop we should have someone count all the people once the speech has started or someone use one of those "clickers" to count people walking in/walking out