PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Sign Stolen

havenot22
01-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Was coming home from work the other day, and I noticed my yard sign was gone. We've had a lot of snow in Wisconsin in the past few weeks, so oftentimes it has been buried by the plow trucks. Right now the snow is melting, however, and when I went to look for it, couldn't find it. This was at night.

The next day my wife calls me at work and tells me that it is gone and there are footprints from the road and into our lawn. So, someone took it.

When I came home for lunch today I ordered seven different kinds of signs from the HQ. I won't be going without a sign in the future. Now they are going up around the entire yard ;) and wherever else I can convince someone to "host" one.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Also, wondered if anyone else has experienced this type of thing.

Ethek
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Was coming home from work the other day, and I noticed my yard sign was gone. We've had a lot of snow in Wisconsin in the past few weeks, so oftentimes it has been buried by the plow trucks. Right now the snow is melting, however, and when I went to look for it, couldn't find it. This was at night.

The next day my wife calls me at work and tells me that it is gone and there are footprints from the road and into our lawn. So, someone took it.

When I came home for lunch today I ordered seven different kinds of signs from the HQ. I won't be going without a sign in the future. Now they are going up around the entire yard ;) and wherever else I can convince someone to "host" one.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Also, wondered if anyone else has experienced this type of thing.

You should coat the sign with something. Crisco, motor grease... Something.

freedominnumbers
01-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Put up two signs.
One Ron Paul 2008
One Warning Landmines

havenot22
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
"You should coat the sign with something. Crisco, motor grease... Something."

Yeah, or indelible ink. :)

Hehe. Landmines.

Eponym_mi
01-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Haven't had any stolen, but I keep spares. Just hope whoever took yours is an RP supporter and not some jerk from another campaign.

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 10:47 PM
use cement =D

mortepa
01-09-2008, 10:51 PM
If you are near Madison, please let me know. I will make sure you get a sign asap!

Matt Collins
01-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Sounds like you should exercise the 2nd Amendment :D

DXDoug
01-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Tell me about it the one i staked in the ground some how magically pulls itself up and falls over...

havenot22
01-09-2008, 11:01 PM
If you are near Madison, please let me know. I will make sure you get a sign asap!

I am, and thanks for the offer. The first signs I ordered didn't take long to arrive, so a couple days shouldn't hurt.

I own a construction business, and I have now been considering painting a sheet of plywood, and putting it on the forks of my lift and raising it about 35ft in the air. Lets see whoever snagged it take 11 tons of steel. :D (Unfortunately, I happen to need it at the moment. :()

GregVernon
01-09-2008, 11:04 PM
heh, makes me wonder if the plows "stole" it. I'd check some of your neighbors lawns.

chiplitfam
01-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Fish Hooks! On the positive side, a broke (he gave all his money to the campaign)Ron Paul supporter who needed a sign!

mortepa
01-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I am, and thanks for the offer. The first signs I ordered didn't take long to arrive, so a couple days shouldn't hurt.

I own a construction business, and I have now been considering painting a sheet of plywood, and putting it on the forks of my lift and raising it about 35ft in the air. Lets see whoever snagged it take 11 tons of steel. :D (Unfortunately, I happen to need it at the moment. :()

Sounds like you have heart! Maybe I will see you at our local meetup #109 for one of our fabulous sign waving expos! Last time we marched around the Capital on New Years eve and we had 28 people. :-)

Check us out! http://ronpaul.meetup.com/109/

dsentell
01-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Maybe someone had a good use for yours . . .

Mine somehow mysteriously ended up in the ditch ! :(

RSLudlum
01-09-2008, 11:11 PM

LOL....now that's a new one a "Ron Paul Fence Project"!! :D Secure your borders dammit!!

Crickett
01-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Think the city stole mine. I put a huge one up right near a business sign on a corner and it was GONE that day. So I put another one right next to two little real estate signs a bit further out and my sign AND the real estate signs were gone that same day! So I guess I will have to call the city and find out what is what, unless it is only a wild-eyed sign bandit...

BeFranklin
01-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Tell me about it the one i staked in the ground some how magically pulls itself up and falls over...

Nothing to see here, no conspiracy, move along :D

MikeStanart
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Put up two signs.
One Ron Paul 2008
One Warning Landmines

Best idea, imo!

nateerb
01-10-2008, 12:45 AM
http://www.electric-fence.com/Shop/ProductImages/Enforcer%20DE%20600.jpg

DE 6400. 16 Joule- Energizer
DE 6400 16 Joule Output Fence energizer. Controls up to 2,000 acres, overgrown fence, outperforms 200 mile energizers. No load output 7000 volts, 6600 volts with a 500 ohm load, 4200 volts with a 50 ohm load. One year warrantee. Price: $382.00 each