PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul may as well run as a libertarian

mrrzstor
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Not because of his ideas; the other so-called republican candidates are the ones who are a disgrace to the party. But because of the way he runs his campaign. It's pathetic and run like the libertarian party has run their campaign in the past.

The results are generally about the same. Dr. Paul has more money and a few more percentage points I guess. Still, with this amount of money, and the only person up there that isn't a lying, corrupt piece of garbage, the results being garnered by this campaign are pathetic.

He needs to go after people. It's not enough to just be right. You have to show people that your opponents are wrong.

When he was on Leno, Dr. Paul should have called out McCain personally, particularly the night before New Hampshire. He should have gone on to say just how much this war has cost each American family and how much more it would cost each American family for another 100 years in Iraq. People need to hear how it affects their lives. He should have further it by asking exactly how Shitface McCain intends to continue funding for the war and suggested that it would probably be through additional taxation, if in fact McCain has even developed a way to pay for it.

He needs to start talking an economic policy that people can understand. To just sit there and say we need to abolish the fed is not going to win people over. You can justify it as well as Dr. Paul does, but all the people hear is abolish the fed. 95% of voters know little to nothing about the federal reserve. They don't understand economics. It needs to be explained to them in a simple way. It needs to be explained to them in a way that calls out the bankrupting economic policy of every other candidate.

I mean show some grit and go after these people. And explain your points in a way that you normal, lazy American can understand. All you have to do is expose them because everything they've done in their history contradicts what they say, like every politician. Sitting around thinking that people are just going to come around is a tactic of the libertarian party, and it hasn't done them a bit of good.

ValidusCustodiae
01-09-2008, 10:34 PM
There's no reason to break for that before the Republican nomination is settled. And I mean really settled. Here's two reasons why.

1. We are stacking up a buttload of delegates.
2. The only purpose to go Libertarian is to get in the debates and influence them. No way to win this way after he has run for Republican nomination since some states have outlawed running twice for different parties. If you aren't on the ballot everywhere in every state you are NOT a contender.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 10:40 PM
The problem is not Ron, not the message, not us... the problem is the Republican party. They are going down in flames right now. The party is packed with brainwashed war-mongers and religious "values" voters. Ron is anti-war and pro-personal freedom. The GOP will NEVER, EVER accept him.

We need a new party or a third party, then we can focus on winning the actual presidency. We could raise 50 million dollars easily in a general election, maybe a lot more than that, and get Ron into the debates with the other two candidates, like Perot did in 1992.

ValidusCustodiae
01-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Like I said, while there is a chance we might win, why give up on the nomination now? As nice as it would be to have Ron on the stage with the dem and rep nominees, it'd be a lot nicer for it to be two up there and one of them is Ron.

specsaregood
01-09-2008, 10:45 PM
No way to win this way after he has run for Republican nomination since some states have outlawed running twice for different parties. If you aren't on the ballot everywhere in every state you are NOT a contender.

I am not arguing for or against the Lib party angle; but your ballot access comment is incorrect -- although often repeated.

http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/01/12/sore-loser-laws-dont-generally-apply-to-presidential-candidates/
Excerpt:

"Only four states maintain that their “sore loser” laws apply to president: South Dakota, Mississippi, Ohio and Texas. After LaRouche won in court against Ohio in 1992, Ohio amended its “sore loser” law in 1993 to specifically apply to presidential candidates. No precedents have been set in Mississippi or South Dakota. In Texas, unfortunately, in 1996 the Constitution Party filed a lawsuit against Texas to get a ruling that the “sore loser” law doesn’t apply to president. The federal judge who got the case, James Nowlin, refused to enjoin Texas’ interpretation that the “sore loser” law does apply to president. The denial of injunctive relief is reported as US Taxpayers Party v Garza, 924 F Supp 71 (1996).

However, the opinion does not discuss the fact that the true candidates in November are running for presidential elector, not president. A presidential candidate’s name is not listed on the November ballot in his or her role as a candidate. Instead, the name is an identifier for specific slates of candidates for presidential elector."

tfelice
01-09-2008, 10:52 PM
The problem is not Ron, not the message, not us... the problem is the Republican party. They are going down in flames right now. The party is packed with brainwashed war-mongers and religious "values" voters. Ron is anti-war and pro-personal freedom. The GOP will NEVER, EVER accept him.

If you own a company and fail to sell any of your product, do you blame the salesmen or the customers? You blame the salesmen of course. Failing to recognize that the candidate and the campaign have done a poor job at shaping the message to appeal to the average GOP voter is delusional.

The bulk of RP platform is widely accepted amongst GOP voters. He would be in far better shape had he focused the campaign on the downsizing of government, borders and taxes. The problem is that Paul turned off most of his potential supporters by co-opting moonbat rhetoric when articulating his foreign policy position, which he made his key issue.

literatim
01-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I am really really tired of trolls. I wish moderators would crack down.

ronpaulitician
01-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Step 1. Ride the Republican Party and try your best to change it from the inside.
Step 2. We'll see.

mrrzstor
01-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I am really really tired of trolls. I wish moderators would crack down.

Maybe I'll just post 2,800 worthless replies like you, and then I won't be a troll in your eyes anymore.

Stop acting like an elitist idiot because of your post count.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 11:24 PM
If you own a company and fail to sell any of your product, do you blame the salesmen or the customers? You blame the salesmen of course. Failing to recognize that the candidate and the campaign have done a poor job at shaping the message to appeal to the average GOP voter is delusional.

The bulk of RP platform is widely accepted amongst GOP voters. He would be in far better shape had he focused the campaign on the downsizing of government, borders and taxes. The problem is that Paul turned off most of his potential supporters by co-opting moonbat rhetoric when articulating his foreign policy position, which he made his key issue.

You are very wrong. Ron's statements would only sound "moonbat" to someone like you who is brainwashed. To people who understand foreign policy, his words are perfectly clear and logical.

The GOP is filled with war-mongers who reject Dr Paul's noninterventionism and Christian "values" voters who would rather support Hillary Clinton than see someone who wants to legalize marijuana and cocaine in the white house.

The GOP is the Titanic, and unless we get off, this movement will sink.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Bump

kushaze
01-10-2008, 02:09 AM
No matter what happens I hope that the two party system collapses. I don't want to replace the republican party with the libertarian party (sorry hardcore libertarians). I just want to get rid of all partisan alliances, which means getting rid of all partisans. People need to start looking at candidates on the issues, rather than voting on partisan.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-10-2008, 02:10 AM
No matter what happens I hope that the two party system collapses. I don't want to replace the republican party with the libertarian party (sorry hardcore libertarians). I just want to get rid of all partisan alliances, which means getting rid of all partisans. People need to start looking at candidates on the issues, rather than voting on partisan.

Amen.

MikeStanart
01-10-2008, 02:23 AM
Instead of sitting here on the boards whining about the GOP....why don't you start getting active in your local GOP? Play the conservative card; stress balanced budgets and the constitution.

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH....WE MUST TAKE OVER THE GOP!

It won't be as hard as you believe. True grassroots Republicans (like my father and step-mother) agree with almost 80% of the issues! With enough numbers; they will be forced to heed to our ideas!