PDA

View Full Version : Saw Ron on TV for first time other than This Week

kylejack
07-22-2007, 01:56 PM
On my local Fox station: Blue and red flashy graphics, with text and voice "He's Outspoken", then cuts to "They're attacking us because we've been over there!" then voice says "But what is Congressman Ron Paul really like? We investigate. Fox in Focus, Tuesday at 9."

Fox at 9 is the news, so it looks like this will be a segment on the local broadcast here in Houston. It seems like the media appearances are finally starting to take off in full effect. Can anyone in Houston make sure to record and Youtube this?

kylejack
07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
This is on tonight. Anyone from Houston able to tape it and post it?

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm itching to see this expose. Someone? Anyone?

kylejack
07-24-2007, 08:22 PM
Leader for it was just on. Should be on just after the commercial for those in Houston. It hinted at his strength on Youtube.

kylejack
07-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Now. Mentioned him as dark horse and maverick.

JoshLowry
07-24-2007, 08:27 PM
I didn't tape it, but it was a very positive segment.

I'm very surprised with it being a FOX affiliate.

Thanks for the heads up Kyle!

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
He's gone from "unknown" to "longshot" to "maverick." We might complain a whole lot, but it's very slowly moving in the right direction.

Be sure to email the reporter and thank him/her. Encourage positive behavior!

kylejack
07-24-2007, 08:37 PM
It was an extremely positive piece. Off the top of my head I don't recall a single part that hinted at anything negative. Giuliani's name wasn't even mentioned.

The gist:
-Ron Paul's maverick style is kind of like this ivy plant that's growing on a building near his Lake Jackson office. He's been re-elected to Congress 10 times. Also like this plant, he's not leaving any time soon.
-Positive interview clips with Lake Jackson residents
-Montage of pictures of Ron Paul with Reagan, his wife, his family talking about how he wants to abolish the IRS and end the war and other positions
-Individual interview clips with 4 of the HOT GRANDDAUGHTERS, who talked about how he's not in it for the power, how its all about the principles and his opinion on the way things should be, and how excited they are to see his popularity on Youtube (Lisa Paul says she checks for new Ron Paul videos every day)
-2.3 million Youtube views, more than any other Republican
-Shot of the plant hanging on the corner of the roof again, like this ivy Ron Paul sticks to his politics and will be around for a long time
-Piece ended and Mike Barrajas, the anchor, heaped on more praise. Ron Paul raised 2.4 million and had more cash on hand than McCain last quarter, and has more cash on hand than 5 other Republican candidates combined. More information on our website at http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/

Let's send them some positive feedback...finding the contact information now.

JPFromTally
07-24-2007, 08:41 PM
Can't find it on their website. There's a story about a woman looking for her kidnapped goat but nothing about Ron Paul.

kylejack
07-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Can't find it on their website. There's a story about a woman looking for her kidnapped goat but nothing about Ron Paul.

Its on the right-hand side, under Seen On TV.

Goes to here: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=3869998&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=5.7.1

Its just links to stories on Fox News and to Ron Paul's website.

kylejack
07-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Okay, this is how you can contact them to thank them for the story: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/ContactUs?pageId=5.11

JoshLowry
07-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah, they didn't post the video.

I thanked them for the story and asked that they upload the segment so I can send it to friends and family.

nathanielyao
07-25-2007, 04:08 AM
bump