PDA

View Full Version : Please vote this video down (Youtube linl)

DeadheadForPaul
07-22-2007, 12:57 PM
This is exactly the kind of idiot that we do not need associated with our campaign: a loud, rude person carrying a Ron Paul sign in one hand and a 9/11 Inside Job banner in the other

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq_7251dqc8

This guy is a poor representation of the Paul campaign

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Do not associate Ron Paul with your own beliefs if he does not share those. I'm pro-choice but you don't see me carrying a "Women's right to choose" sign while I'm waving a Ron Paul sign in the other hand

can I ask what goes through the head of someone like this? I bet he's not even a Ron Paul supporter. Probably just some jerk who is trying to get attention. Thanks to all the 9/11 Truthers who do not do this

hells_unicorn
07-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I put up a video response to it, but unfortunately I have to get the owner's approval before it will appear, hopefully he will have the perspective necessary to allow a different take on 9/11 Truth to appear in conjunction with his.

BLS
07-22-2007, 01:25 PM
ignoring him makes more sense.

LibertyEagle
07-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Those are the "We are Change" umm.... individuals, that Alex Jones supports.

hells_unicorn
07-22-2007, 01:33 PM
ignoring him makes more sense.

When it comes to this stuff I disagree, mostly because I support Ron Paul calling for another investigation into 9/11. These people can be reasoned with if you approach the issue properly and we can probably turn these people into effective campaigners if they finesse their rhetoric a bit.

My experience talking with people about Ron Paul (I've spoken with well over 200 people so far) is that they like his view that government should be open and keep no secrets from its citizens. This is particularly the case among 3rd party and independent voters who might be persuaded to change their affiliation in order to support Paul, as I myself did 2 months ago.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Why not message him and tell him? Maybe he's just stupid... lol

LibertyEagle
07-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Some time back, I sent the "We are Change" guys an email and asked if they would please keep the 2 separate. It apparently had no impact, because they've come out with a couple since then. One is what I call their ninja warrior video. But, maybe one of you guys would get a better result. It's worth trying.

hells_unicorn
07-22-2007, 01:45 PM

I'm currently working on contacting him, I've discussed this subject with several members of We Are Change, they are determined supporters of Ron Paul and they will be particularly good at swaying some young voters and several people who are overtly hostile to our overactive government. These are people who don't ordinarily vote, but who could be convinced to register if certain views of Paul are brought to their attention.

Instead of being hostile to 9/11 Truthers, we need to talk to them and explain how we want the same goal and need to work together to get the message out, and part of that would be modifying the way that they campaign on this issue. Reason must come before Passion.

DeadheadForPaul
07-22-2007, 01:46 PM

It's a Democrat that put up the video. The guy in the video did not put it up

hells_unicorn
07-22-2007, 01:50 PM
It's a Democrat that put up the video. The guy in the video did not put it up

Thank you for that information, I will pass it on and warn everyone.

RonRules08
07-22-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm currently working on contacting him, I've discussed this subject with several members of We Are Change, they are determined supporters of Ron Paul and they will be particularly good at swaying some young voters and several people who are overtly hostile to our overactive government. These are people who don't ordinarily vote, but who could be convinced to register if certain views of Paul are brought to their attention.

Instead of being hostile to 9/11 Truthers, we need to talk to them and explain how we want the same goal and need to work together to get the message out, and part of that would be modifying the way that they campaign on this issue. Reason must come before Passion.

I believe 9/11 was an inside job to an extent but I also know the mainstream is NOT ready for that reality. So we need to turn down the rhetoric and work together to get a REAL president in power THEN investigate 9/11 with an independent prosecutor and see what REALLY happened.

Revolution9
07-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Some time back, I sent the "We are Change" guys an email and asked if they would please keep the 2 separate. It apparently had no impact, because they've come out with a couple since then. One is what I call their ninja warrior video. But, maybe one of you guys would get a better result. It's worth trying.

You probably have to write a courteous request to each individual. I don't think these guys/gals are an autonomous block moving in collective group synchronisation. To attempt to shut them up will only make them louder. Redirection with lauding of their efforts is likely to get a better response. They more than likely believe they are gaining converts or getting Ron's name out there and mean no harm and truly believe they are doing good. Approach them with this in mind and you are likely to gain cooperation.

Best Regards
Randy