PDA

View Full Version : Winning California

ronpaulwinna
01-09-2008, 09:14 PM
I just turned on my radio to my car, turned it on the news channel 810 in the Bay Area, and just immediately heard the Ron Paul no taxes radio ad. I was yelling in my car because this is the first political ad in the bay area, and because i was happy because he is doing something in california!!!

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
Wait... was it an official ad or grassroots funded?

ronpaulwinna
01-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Wait... was it an official ad or grassroots funded?

This was an official ad

SophisticatedFarmGirl
01-09-2008, 09:48 PM
:D I think there should be a Winning CA forum. We have a boat load of delegates!

slamhead
01-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Get ready to be sick of hearing about Ron Paul folks..the revolution is coming your way.

uncle saddam
01-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Hooray!

SophisticatedFarmGirl
01-09-2008, 09:54 PM
CA or BUST!

dblee
01-09-2008, 09:57 PM
California loves Ron Paul!

Mahkato
01-09-2008, 09:57 PM
ronpaulcalifornia.com (http://www.ronpaulcalifornia.com/)

Paul4Prez
01-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Here's an edited version of a blog post I wrote way back in April, on why California could be big for Ron Paul.

California Could Be Ron Paul Country

With California moving its primary to February 5th, a strong showing there will be critical for Ron Paul's chances of winning the Republican presidential nomination.... Once they learn his stands on the issues, Californians will find themselves in close agreement with Ron Paul on many of them....

Californians are strongly against the Iraq war, and Ron Paul is the leading anti-war candidate in either major party, consistently voting against escalating the conflict and speaking out against it from the beginning....

California conservatives are strongly opposed to illegal immigration, and Ron Paul has a much better record on the issue than either Giuliani, McCain, or Romney. While McCain has teamed up with Ted Kennedy to propose "comprehensive immigration reform" even more liberal than the policies conservatives faulted President Bush for, Ron Paul has spoken out for protecting the border and protecting Social Security from the addition of tens of thousands of immigrant workers to the program.

Californian is home to the Internet economy and numerous high-tech companies, and Ron Paul has long been a champion of Internet freedom. A non-partisan voter guide by CNETNews.com gave Ron Paul the highest ranking in Congress for his pro-high-tech voting record in 2006.

A less obvious winner was Rep. Ron Paul, a Texas Republican who represents a rural district along the Gulf Coast that's home to few Web 2.0 start-ups but plenty of cattle ranchers and petrochemical companies. He topped the House rankings with a score of 80 percent, narrowly besting two Northern California Democrats.

"I believe strongly in protecting the Internet," Paul said in an interview. "My colleagues aren't quite as interested in the subject. That, to me, is disappointing."

Californians are also supportive of the concept of federalism enshrined in the Constitution, often voting for state ballot measures that run counter to national opinion, favoring individual liberty and looking for solutions to divisive issues at the state level rather than through the national government. Ron Paul has been the staunchest defender of the Constitution in Washington, consistently choosing the truly conservative path of limiting the power and scope of the national government, leaving social issues to the states as the Tenth Amendment requires.

If Californians are looking for a candidate who has opposed the Iraq war from the beginning, who is firmly opposed to illegal immigration, who strongly supports Internet freedom, and who will not waver in his defense of the Constitution and individual liberty, they can choose no better candidate than Ron Paul.

Edward
01-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I received my California absentee ballot today. I'm wondering for whom I should vote?

doronster195
01-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Hey guys, I'm currently living in the Bay Area as well. Sunnyvale, to be exact.

First of all, California seems to be pretty Obama friendly. None of them really like any of the Republicans. But I tell everyone I know about Ron Paul, and often have to debate them against Obama (like I had to today, and a few weeks ago).

But here's something to inspire everyone:
Theres a guy in my high school who is a Ron Paul sticker on his car, and not a bumper sticker, its 1ft x 1ft.
And just the other day, I went to a pet hospital and out of the 10 cars parked in there there was a car with a Ron Paul bumper sticker on it. That's 20% support right there! And as soon as I left the pet hospital there was a car driving infront of mine with a Ron Paul bumper sticker too. And one more! I went to a friend of mine's appartment complex, and the appartment facing the parking lot (where everyone can see it) has a HUMONGOUS Ron Paul sign (taking up both windows completely).

California seems to be a great state for Ron Paul.

doronster195
01-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Bump?
Btw, Just talked to my friend and he convinced me that both me and him should join the nearest meetup group.

We can add +2 to the total meetup members. =]

EDIT: Anyone have a suggestion of whether to join the one thats 5 miles away and 183 members, or the one thats 6 miles away and 360 members.

dt_
01-09-2008, 11:44 PM
What is the # of delegates in CA? and in each state for that matter? thanks in advance :)

edit: never mind, found it! http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/R-Alloc.phtml

jasonuher
01-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Bump?
Btw, Just talked to my friend and he convinced me that both me and him should join the nearest meetup group.

We can add +2 to the total meetup members. =]

EDIT: Anyone have a suggestion of whether to join the one thats 5 miles away and 183 members, or the one thats 6 miles away and 360 members.

Meetup.com will let you join as many as you want. Just accept/deny events as they come up so the coordinators can get an accurate count.

AggieforPaul
01-10-2008, 12:03 AM
The newest poll out by the SF gate has him at 5% in CA...

doronster195
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
I don't know of anyone who's been called for those polls. But, obviously, we do have our work cut out for us. California has way more and larger groups than all the other states.

dt_
01-10-2008, 12:10 AM
it looks like CA has the most delegates out of all the states! it's very important!!

ProfNo
01-10-2008, 01:09 AM
I will do my part here in CA

noztnac
01-10-2008, 01:11 AM
:D I think there should be a Winning CA forum. We have a boat load of delegates!

I see no reason not to get all fifty states up and running with winning threads.