PDA

View Full Version : On Concerts and Money Bombs..

oneporter
01-09-2008, 09:11 PM
The freedom concert is a horrendous idea.

First, there's only 10 days before the primary. Second, it will make no bigger splash than if we were to raise 8 million dollars tomorrow. Remember people went wild about the first money bomb. The second one got less attention. A third one would go unnoticed. Pundits expect Ron Paul supporters to go to all kind of lengths to get their candidate noticed, it's not a big deal any more.. No matter how you change the tactics, no idea that is a shock and awe approach will be noticed any more. No amount of sign waving or air plane banners or blimps or anything else will get much notice.

The only way we're going to get any attention is to start winning, and the only way to do that is to start putting Paul's message physically in the hands of voters through newspaper ads or putting dvds on people's doors or canvassing.

Freedom Concerts and future money bombs and etc, while fun, are a waste of time and money. Find ways to get to the next few primary states, or have dvds delivered to local meetup groups, or think up other ideas on how to get Pauls message into the hands of voters.. I'm sorry if I rained on anyone's parade.

noztnac
01-10-2008, 12:00 AM
The freedom concert is a horrendous idea.

First, there's only 10 days before the primary. Second, it will make no bigger splash than if we were to raise 8 million dollars tomorrow. Remember people went wild about the first money bomb. The second one got less attention. A third one would go unnoticed. Pundits expect Ron Paul supporters to go to all kind of lengths to get their candidate noticed, it's not a big deal any more.. No matter how you change the tactics, no idea that is a shock and awe approach will be noticed any more. No amount of sign waving or air plane banners or blimps or anything else will get much notice.

The only way we're going to get any attention is to start winning, and the only way to do that is to start putting Paul's message physically in the hands of voters through newspaper ads or putting dvds on people's doors or canvassing.

Freedom Concerts and future money bombs and etc, while fun, are a waste of time and money. Find ways to get to the next few primary states, or have dvds delivered to local meetup groups, or think up other ideas on how to get Pauls message into the hands of voters.. I'm sorry if I rained on anyone's parade.

I can understand how it may seem like a bad idea. But all the pieces are already in place. Most of the bands will play free for exposure. Many of the celebrities have been out of the limelight for years and will welcome the opportunity to be in it again.
The local media will cover it and CNN, MSNBC, Fox etc. will cover it because it is an interesting story if we do it right.

I agree with your idea about DVDs. But I think a concert in the heart of a college town with a popular local band and celebrities is an outstanding idea that is very inexpensive and easy to coordinate. They already do concerts on Thursday in Five Points now. The stage is there. The local artists will come. I see no reason not to do this. I went to school in Columbia by the way and personally know all of the local bands as well as the Music Store that sponsors the event. The problem for me is that I am currently in South Korea. I'll be coming home to SC to vote but by then it will be too late to coordinate.

thisisgiparti
01-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Absolutely. It's too late for money bombs and concerts. Other candidates have been there for weeks.

GOTV.

noztnac
01-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Absolutely. It's too late for money bombs and concerts. Other candidates have been there for weeks.

GOTV.

Too late????!!!!

Well first, it can all be done very easily with a few phone calls. I went to school in Columbia and know all of the involved parties.

But look...if it's too late whose fault is that? This campaign needs to start preparing for the next states well in advance. I've been posting for months telling the official HQ to make an effort in SC. So now new members are suddenly showing up and telling me it's too late as though I just now started putting out ideas. :mad:

noztnac
01-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Oneporter has made five posts. One was self deleted. Two were a double post of the same thing and one was slamming my idea. I suggest Oneporter (new member) do something productive before criticizing my ideas without researching their viability.

Edu
01-10-2008, 02:14 AM
If there was a way to somehow promote via already existing concerts, that would work. Like get a lot of people to go out and pass fliers at the doors or parking lots etc...