PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul would be the best candidate against Hillary

Brad Zink
07-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Of all the Republican candidates in the primaries, Dr. Paul would be the most likely to defeat Hillary. First of all, his position against the Iraq War makes him the most electable Republican in the general election. Second, he would easily defeat her in all of the debates, both on style and substance.

If the Republicans really want to win, then Dr. Paul is their man.

beermotor
07-22-2007, 12:51 PM
We must start pushing this reality - we have to convert the party loyalists.

He is the second coming of Barry Goldwater, and they've got to wake up to that fact. Except this time, Goldwater can win!

Brad Zink
07-22-2007, 12:53 PM
The people are 70% against the war. He would win in a landslide.

bobmurph
07-22-2007, 01:05 PM
I agree 100%. Any other Republican candidate will get anihilated in the general election regardless of who the dems nominate.

1. Dr Paul is the ONLY Republican capable of gaining the vote of people who haven't voted in the past. Hillary & Obama have huge potential of getting "non-voters" out to the polls on election day...Romney, Thompson & Guilliani have ZERO potential to inspire new voters to get to the polls.

2. Dr Paul is the only candidate capable of bridging the gap between liberals, conservatives & independents. His messages breaks across party lines. The Republican "front-runners" only offer more of the what we've had over the past 7 yrs w/ W....and w/ W's support down to 25% there's no chance in hell of winning w/ "more of the same".

3. The Republican "front-runners" won't even inspire their own base to get out and vote. The base is down to 33%, and many of these base voters won't even be inspired by the empty, rhetoric filled messages of these "leading" candidates.

4. The dream-ticket of Clinton/Obama will be the darling of the MSM. Dr. Paul is the only one who will be able to withstand the biased reporting of the MSM against Hillary/Obama because he is the only candidate w/ a principled message rooted in the ideals of Constitution.

glts
07-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Here is a link to the democrats myspace page. It has 71211 members. If you scroll down and look on the left hand side of the page you will see a countdown clock for Ron Paul's demise at the RNC. Evidently the democrats are afraid of Ron Paul.

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=groups.groupProfile&groupID=100047178&categoryID=0&Mytoken=5403C975-BDFA-4519-95AC32B07521A79A36230008

Brad Zink
07-22-2007, 02:02 PM
The Democrats know that Ron Paul is probably the only Republican that can defeat them. It's time for us to wake up the Republicans to this fact!

JosephTheLibertarian
07-22-2007, 02:04 PM
Why bother being faithful to either party? That's just stupid.. go with the best person!

Brad Zink
07-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Why bother being faithful to either party? That's just stupid.. go with the best person!

I'm with you 100%. I support Dr. Paul because he is the best person running for President. But many Republicans are focused on winning.

We have to show them that the American people would overwhelmingly support Dr. Paul if he got the nomination.

scrosnoe
07-22-2007, 02:12 PM
YES, It is like a drumbeat - over and over and over again - especially when talking to the party faithful.

"Ron Paul is the only candidate in the Republican primary that can beat Hillary - we must see that he gets the party nomination" Then you move into how terrific he is and all the wonderful things about the freedom movement.

We are so issues oriented that we tend to get embroiled in the details and the nuances and that is fun for us, but the goal here requires that we do everything in our power to skip past that in the primary battle. I might mention that 'they' have successfully used this technique on us for years and it is quite exciting to me to see that this time we have the argument on our side if we can establish the drumbeat . . .

JosephTheLibertarian
07-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm with you 100%. I support Dr. Paul because he is the best person running for President. But many Republicans are focused on winning.

We have to show them that the American people would overwhelmingly support Dr. Paul if he got the nomination.

Only reason I'd join either of these parties is to WIN an election or vote for an exceptional politican........

jorlowitz
07-22-2007, 10:49 PM
I know people here are pretty much fully focused on Ron Paul's chances of winning the nomination, so much so that they might not realize exactly what's happening in the broader election: The issue is not only whether Ron Paul could be Hillary, but that Ron Paul is the ONLY Republican that could beat Hillary. Bush's record is so horrific and so many people have been against his administration for so long, that the quasi-sympathetic neocon posturing of the GOP frontrunners gives them basically no chance (plus, they're all kind of inconsistent, creepy, or superficial). If Ron doesn't get the nomination, I think Hillary's chances of becoming president are in the high 70-80% range (there's not really a democrat who has shown he can keep up with her, and Obama's yet to prove himself outside of great speeches).