PDA

View Full Version : A simple 30 second TV/Radio ad

LastoftheMohicans
01-09-2008, 08:52 PM
I am Ron Paul and I am the ONLY Republican candidate who opposed the Iraq War from the start and I continue to oppose it. ALL of the other Republicans support the war or want to attack Iran.

I'm Ron Paul and I approved this message.

drdamwi
01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
RP: "I am Ron Paul and I am the ONLY Republican candidate who will reduce taxes and put more of your money back in your wallet.

Teacher in classroom: "Ron Paul supports a $3000 tax credit for teachers."

Family at home/church: "Ron Paul supports a $5000 per child tax credit for home schooling and private schools."

Waiter in restaurant: "Ron Paul supports making service employees tips tax-free."

Senior citizen: "Ron Paul supports repealing all taxes on Social Security benefits."

Voiceover: "Ron Paul believes in less government intervention in our lives and in our wallets."

RP: "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message."

Austin
01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
RP: "I am Ron Paul and I am the ONLY Republican candidate who will reduce taxes and put more of your money back in your wallet.

Teacher in classroom: "Ron Paul supports a $3000 tax credit for teachers."

Family at home/church: "Ron Paul supports a $5000 per child tax credit for home schooling and private schools."

Waiter in restaurant: "Ron Paul supports making service employees tips tax-free."

Senior citizen: "Ron Paul supports repealing all taxes on Social Security benefits."

Voiceover: "Ron Paul believes in less government intervention in our lives and in our wallets."

RP: "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message."

I really like this one.... :)

nate895
01-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I am Ron Paul and I am the ONLY Republican candidate who opposed the Iraq War from the start and I continue to oppose it. ALL of the other Republicans support the war or want to attack Iran.

I'm Ron Paul and I approved this message.

Bad if going after Republicans, taxes and liberty are the best things to go after.

mikeh2002
01-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Use the MSM’s bias against them and FOR RP:

Video of Newsie: His name is Ron Paul and he has some pretty radical ideas

Video of RP: Return to the constitution

Video of Billo: He’s out of touch (or whatever that windbag said)

Video of RP: Americans are paying too many taxes

Video of Rudy: You’re position is seriously flawed…

Video of RP: We spent 30 Billion dollars on Israel and the mideast in aid but only 7 billion on victims of Hurricane Katrina and that’s just wrong
or
Video of RP: Why don't we take the Billions we are spening overseas and spend on our own people

Scroll:
He has never voted to raise taxes, etc. etc.

Audio: I’m RP and I approve this message

DrCap
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Use the MSM’s bias against them and FOR RP:

Video of Newsie: His name is Ron Paul and he has some pretty radical ideas

Video of RP: Return to the constitution

Video of Billo: He’s out of touch (or whatever that windbag said)

Video of RP: Americans are paying too many taxes

Video of Rudy: You’re position is seriously flawed…

Video of RP: We spent 30 Billion dollars on Israel and the mideast in aid but only 7 billion on victims of Hurricane Katrina and that’s just wrong
or
Video of RP: Why don't we take the Billions we are spening overseas and spend on our own people

Scroll:
He has never voted to raise taxes, etc. etc.

Audio: I’m RP and I approve this message

I like this though I'm not sure the campaign would go for it... maybe if the other candidates faces can look really stupid, I don't really want to pay to see their faces! The McCain clip from behind about the 100 years would be perfect for this kind of ad.

mokkan88
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
We need something catchy - something that gets people's attention. It needs to include at least another major candidate's names to give Paul some legitimacy. Find something and expose it.

My favorite idea so far happened to be the most radical but would be effective: show gruesome pictures of Iraqi casualties from the war and remind the People that over 800,000 Iraqis have died since we invaded. Show them that war is not "honorable" and there is no pride in acting as the aggressor.

mikeh2002
01-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I like this though I'm not sure the campaign would go for it... maybe if the other candidates faces can look really stupid, I don't really want to pay to see their faces! The McCain clip from behind about the 100 years would be perfect for this kind of ad.

That was one concern of mine, the campaign not liking it for the attack tone. BUT it is a rather mild attack on Rudy. He could be replaced with one of the talking head newsies that criticized his foreign policy.
It must be obvious that I think he needs to go on the offensive now.

There was news today of some sort of report listing 150K Iraqi casualties in the war. Even that number could be very useful:
RP: It is NOT possible that there were THAT many Al-Queda members in Iraq. So how is this giving them freedom anyway?

Paul4Prez
01-09-2008, 10:35 PM
He needs a strong anti-war ad -- agreed.

He needs a strong economy ad -- people who think the economy is in trouble were much more likely to vote for Ron Paul in NH than the average voter (30% to 8%).

He also needs a strong "I'm a viable candidate" ad, to trump the media dismissals. The "Something Big" spot would be good, along with some donation stats, Meetup stats, etc.

mikeh2002
01-09-2008, 10:38 PM
An ad emphasising his fair trade plans may go over well with the automakers.

MI is having a lot of economic problems right now, my brother had to move to Georgia to find a job, I may not even be able to go there when I retire from the Army as I have planned. Focusing on fiscal policies (the canadian dollar worth more than the US dollar) should go well.

LastoftheMohicans
01-09-2008, 10:43 PM
An ad emphasising his fair trade plans may go over well with the automakers.

MI is having a lot of economic problems right now, my brother had to move to Georgia to find a job, I may not even be able to go there when I retire from the Army as I have planned. Focusing on fiscal policies (the canadian dollar worth more than the US dollar) should go well.

Ron Paul is a free-trader. He opposes NAFTA, WTO and CAFTA on principle not for protectionist reasons.

Bigvick
01-09-2008, 10:45 PM
the canadian dollar worth more than the US dollar

Actually the offical up the minute exchange rate according to the central bank of Switzerland.. is 1.00094 USD to 1 CAD. ( My job is trading currency's so it bothers me when people keep throwing this fact around...

mikeh2002
01-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Actually the offical up the minute exchange rate according to the central bank of Switzerland.. is 1.00094 USD to 1 CAD. ( My job is trading currency's so it bothers me when people keep throwing this fact around...

Sorry and thanks for the correction, I had remembered RPs statement to that effect from the other day.

Paulbot_9876
01-09-2008, 11:21 PM
1000+ people holding american flags upside down....... rp sign attatch below on our star spangled banner..... americans calling for help........

mikeh2002
01-09-2008, 11:22 PM
The flag upside down may not go over too well.

mokkan88
01-09-2008, 11:23 PM
1000+ people holding american flags upside down....... rp sign attatch below on our star spangled banner..... americans calling for help........

That would be a turn off. It would seem "unpatriotic".

I still think the best thing to do would be to use graphic images in a commercial to FORCE viewers to wake up to the reality of the war they want to support.

GRAPHICS PICTURES! WARNING!
http://www.awitness.org/journal/real_iraq_war.html

Eponym_mi
01-09-2008, 11:24 PM
These might be good ideas for later primaries, but MI is less than a week away.

Paulbot_9876
01-09-2008, 11:24 PM
That would be a turn off. It would seem "unpatriotic".

I still think the best thing to do would be to use graphic images in a commercial to FORCE viewers to wake up to the reality of the way they want to support.

GRAPHICS PICTURES! WARNING!
http://www.awitness.org/journal/real_iraq_war.html

it is a distress sign.....and we are in that stage of our country....

Basilieus
01-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Here is my TV / Radio Ad:

"Hi, I'm Ron Paul a candidate running for president. As you know there are a lot of commercials and radio ads out for presidential candidates right now, they are fluttered with the same promises for change, and the same war propaganda message. The only way to really know that they are going to do what they promise is by there past voting record. I have the best constitutional voting record out of all the current presidential candidates....." etc etc etc..

something along those lines.. you get the idea. Attack there record.

ddoggphx
01-09-2008, 11:55 PM
I personally think he needs to dial back the war rhetoric and dial up the financial aspect. People care about their money.

When addressing the war, tie it more to the fact that we are wasting a bajillion dollars and how that money could make us safer at home, plus no soldiers die.

When addressing the IRS explain to people that eliminating personal income tax doesn't mean the gov gets no money. Honestly, people don't get that. His line that it could be supported if we had the 2000 budget is great. Use it more. People are confused and get scared of change.