PDA

View Full Version : How are the IOWAN calls coming along?

Lord Xar
07-22-2007, 12:06 PM
Anybody get any converts yet?

How is it going?

jacmicwag
07-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Slow but sure for me. I've committed to making 100 calls a week. I made 40 the past few days. When I get ahold of people, almost all of them are nice and will let me do a "quick" pitch and invite to the Straw Poll. Very few of my people ever heard of Ron Paul. I can't say that I've made any "converts" but a few sounded interested enough to check out his web site. Only one so far intends to go to the Straw Poll. This is not nearly as painful as I thought it would be but I'd hate to make a living this way.

ChicagoLawyer
07-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Most people are not very receptive, but that's because it's a phone call interrupting their day, not because it's about Ron Paul. I've called 50 numbers and no one has been that receptive, but that's ok. What we're looking for here is a) convincing a few people to go the straw poll who wouldn't otherwise--and calling 2million people is worth it if we can get a few hundred this way as the impact is enormous and the cost, while tedious, is low, and b) to up name recognition for the caucuses. I try to say "if you can't make it to Ames be sure to consider Congressman Paul is the caucuses next year," and they're, of course, more receptive to that message as it's lower cost for them.

I've left a lot of messages, too, which might even be the best of all (other than finding immediate converts who want to know more from you) because it's less intrusive on their day and lets them find out about Ron Paul at their own pace.

zMtLlC
07-22-2007, 02:18 PM
I've called 50 and, for the most part, they either weren't receptive or I left a message. These people are just tired of people calling them and telling them who to vote for.

maggiebott
07-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Just finished calling over 70 people. I noticed most were not home and a small percentage just hang up. I know I've converted a few and will continue to ask for lists since its the only way I can help Ron Paul in Iowa.

Our meetup has beautiful information cards and business sized cards that we hand out each day. I leave them in stores and when I go to the bank I always leave one in the cylinders that you use at drive in windows.

Watched a very long video yesterday on the CIA and how they have been smuggling drugs for decades. If that isn't a big wakeup call to getting rid of them, I don't know what is.

Lord Xar
07-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Just finished calling over 70 people. I noticed most were not home and a small percentage just hang up. I know I've converted a few and will continue to ask for lists since its the only way I can help Ron Paul in Iowa.

Our meetup has beautiful information cards and business sized cards that we hand out each day. I leave them in stores and when I go to the bank I always leave one in the cylinders that you use at drive in windows.

Watched a very long video yesterday on the CIA and how they have been smuggling drugs for decades. If that isn't a big wakeup call to getting rid of them, I don't know what is.

What video is that?

maggiebott
07-22-2007, 02:36 PM
It's a google video ....Mike Ruppert and the CIA should get you there. It was long but this is a must see film.

cajuncocoa
07-22-2007, 02:56 PM
I haven't received a list yet. :( I hope I get it soon; I'm anxious to get started! :D

I made a lot of calls to Iowans during the 2004 primary season.

Iowans are quite used to being inundated with phone calls since theirs is the first caucus of the Presidential campaign season. They get calls from every candidate, and when it gets to about December, they are really tired of answering their phones!!

I found that those who do answer the phone are very receptive to listening to what the callers have to say. They realize the responsibility they have in being first, and they take it very seriously.

maggiebott
07-22-2007, 02:59 PM
If you haven't recieved your list yet I have a suggestion. Send them another email and include your name and where you're from. Tell them you never got the first list you requested.

Lord Xar
07-22-2007, 03:09 PM
yeah, I haven't gotten mine either.... I hope this isn't another "delayed" issue... arghhhhh....

sent second request.

LibertyEagle
07-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Send Heather an email at heather@ronpaul2008.com and tell her you haven't gotten your numbers.

That is how I finally got mine.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 03:30 PM
///

LibertyEagle
07-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I sent Heather 9 emails. No replies. I finally got some numbers but no script. Tried calling anyway. out of 25, 5 were no longer in service, 4 were wrong numbers, most were not home and no answering machines and the two people I reached were rude and wanted nothing to do with me.

I am very discouraged. This was not fun at all!

You can also try calling them: 703-248-9115

LibertyEagle
07-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Do you want some more numbers?

jj111
07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I want more numbers. I recommend you ask for more than you think you'll need. I asked for and got 20 and went through them in 10 minutes. Now I am waiting for another list. Very inefficient having to wait between the time you are finished and the time you get a new list.