PDA

View Full Version : strangers for Ron Paul

Roxi
07-22-2007, 11:31 AM
I had a warming experience yesterday i thought i would share with everyone.

I organized another sign holding party for RP supporters and we met at a park on the corners of two very busy streets to hold signs and banners for ron paul. Jay and I were the first to get there and not more than 2 minutes of holding our signs, a guy pulled into the park and rolled his window down to tell me "you guys are doing a great thing" he gave me a huge smile and a thumbs up and drove off. Another lady yelled "who is ron paul" from her window and was on the opposite side of the street sitting at the light, we yelled back "hes running for president" and tried to make it over to her to give her a slim jim but the traffic wouldnt let us. A few minutes later she pulled up into the park, she had actually gone up to the next light and turned around to come back. I talked to her for about 10 minutes about Ron Paul and she left very excited about Ron Paul.

after every ron paul event we have i have a few experiences like this and i am continually warmed by the effect were having on complete strangers, and what a difference we are making with this campaign..

Its not about FOX news coverage (yes i know this would help TONS) but its about US hitting the streets and spreading the message.

anyone else have similar stories

edit: for grammatical error

qednick
07-22-2007, 11:40 AM
We had similar experiences when we rallied outside Obama's San Antonio fundraiser at Sunset Station. We had people honking at us with thumbs up. Even the guy selling the "Obama" buttons said he was secretly a Ron Paul supporter and came over to talk to us.

I haven't been this excited since Giuliani had the nipple removed from the top of his head. :D

ThePieSwindler
07-22-2007, 11:44 AM
We had similar experiences when we rallied outside Obama's San Antonio fundraiser at Sunset Station. We had people honking at us with thumbs up. Even the guy selling the "Obama" buttons said he was secretly a Ron Paul supporter and came over to talk to us.

I haven't been this excited since Giuliani had the nipple removed from the top of his head. :D

Must secretly be a capitalist pig too! Taking advantage of the obama fervor to make some money, i see :p

Joe Knows
07-22-2007, 11:51 AM

My wife and I went to the movie theatre to see Pirates. The girl at the ticket booth wanted to know if I would spend a dollar to help out with some charity. I would get to put my name on a star and they would hang it up for everyone to see. So I paid the dollar and wrote down Ron Paul. She commented that I had a famous name. I asked why was that and she started telling me about Ron Paul and that she was going to vote for him for president. It was great..

DeadheadForPaul
07-22-2007, 12:04 PM
hah great stories

qednick
07-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Must secretly be a capitalist pig too! Taking advantage of the obama fervor to make some money, i see :p

Actually, we were (pleasantly) surprised at the lack of attendance at Obama's fundraiser so I don't think he sold many buttons. :)

Roxi
07-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Even the guy selling the "Obama" buttons said he was secretly a Ron Paul supporter and came over to talk to us.

ha ha thats awesome

Sematary
07-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I had a warming experience yesterday i thought i would share with everyone.

I organized another sign holding party for RP supporters and we met at a park on the corners of two very busy streets to hold signs and banners for ron paul. Jay and I were the first to get there and not more than 2 minutes of holding our signs, a guy pulled into the park and rolled his window down to tell me "you guys are doing a great thing" he gave me a huge smile and a thumbs up and drove off. Another lady yelled "who is ron paul" from her window and was on the opposite side of the street sitting at the light, we yelled back "hes running for president" and tried to make it over to her to give her a slim jim but the traffic wouldnt let us. A few minutes later she pulled up into the park, she had actually gone up to the next light and turned around to come back. I talked to her for about 10 minutes about Ron Paul and she left very excited about Ron Paul.

after every ron paul event we have i have a few experiences like this and i am continually warmed by the effect were having on complete strangers, and what a difference we are making with this campaign..

Its not about FOX news coverage (yes i know this would help TONS) but its about US hitting the streets and spreading the message.

edit: for grammatical error

I haven't gotten together with a meetup group here - none around that are close enough but I've plastered the windows of my car with Ronpaul 2008 signs and I got the "who is Ron Paul" question today and handed the gentleman a tri-fold. I keep a bunch in my car just for those occasions - they happen fairly often.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 11:45 PM
///

beermotor
07-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Jennifer - thank you very much for spreading the word on our charity donation. I'm trying to push the folks in that direction for all the other events. Let's hope they can make it!

DXDoug
07-23-2007, 04:52 AM
almost similiar things happen to me. Great story too :D lots of people Will Ask about ron paul lets keep telling them :D

Bruehound
07-23-2007, 04:52 AM
My wife and I were spreading the good word about the Freedom Message at a local suburban festival a few weeks back. We have found that at this type of event(with a beer tent and music) we get alot of curiousity by using the vague"Who is Ron Paul?" signs with no reference to party affiliation.

We wandered through the carnival area which was loaded with Jr. High and High Schoolers and on 2 seperate occasions we heard kids shout out(first a male, second time a female) "I'm a Ron Paul Republican!"

The kids are plugged into this!

edit for typo

AZ Libertarian
07-23-2007, 10:40 AM

That's because Fox can't shake your hand, smile, look you in the eye, and tell you the truth.....