PDA

View Full Version : Do you really think the campaign exposing their strategy is a good idea?

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Rudy did it... look where it got him.

BLS
01-09-2008, 07:58 PM

I haven't seen their official strategy....

Am I missing something?

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
I haven't seen their official strategy....

Am I missing something?

Rudy's plan is to target states like Florida and CA, practically ignoring IA, NH, etc.

Edward
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Rudy's plan is to target states like Florida and CA, pretty much ignoring IA and NH.I think that was obvious in that he spent little time or money in IA and NH.

AlexMerced
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
that's the point, everyone complains that they don't know what the strategy is, the questions do you think it would benefit the campaign to give away their strategy like Giuliani has

Jimmy
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Might be just as risky loosing fair weather voters who lose faith....by them saying nothing

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I'm telling them right now why they shouldn't loose faith of it. It's their fault, not the campaign's.

Alabama Supporter
01-09-2008, 08:04 PM
NM. unproductive post. SOrry

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Rudy is still being mentioned in news casts because they know he will fight later. The press probably thinks RP is dropping out soon. I think many of you are delusional about a secret plan. What has RP's campaign ever done?

Someone just posted here saying they had a "secret plan". He talked with them on the phone.

Scott Wilson
01-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Shhhhhhhhh

http://www.paulunteer.com/news-stories/remember-the-secret-plan-youre-about-to-see-it-plus-words-of-wisdom-from-your-fellow-supporters/

Alabama Supporter
01-09-2008, 08:08 PM
NM. Unproductive post. Sorry.

Hook
01-09-2008, 08:08 PM

It's a great idea if they plan on getting more money from the grassroots.

Conman: "I have a sure-win investment that will double your money!"
Mark: "How does it work?"
Conman: "I can't tell you. It's a super-duper secret strategy that I can't let out. Just trust me with all your money, and I guarantee results!"

angelatc
01-09-2008, 08:10 PM

We will not know where it got him until after Florida.

Rebel Resource
01-09-2008, 08:12 PM
The secret plan seems like a pipe dream to me. This seems like some kind of multi-level marketing crap to keep us in the game.

Saving money and spending it when the field has narrowed seems like some kind of supra-level genius to keep us in the game.

If most of us think its a great idea, I'd bet HQ does too.

Jeremy
We will not know where it got him until after Florida.

You'd think he'd at lest do better than second and third worse. After all, he was #1 in the country not too long ago. He's probably pretty upset now.

ButchHowdy
It's a great idea if they plan on getting more money from the grassroots.

Conman: "I have a sure-win investment that will double your money!"
Mark: "How does it work?"
Conman: "I can't tell you. It's a super-duper secret strategy that I can't let out. Just trust me with all your money, and I guarantee results!"

We all know where 20 of the 23M can/will come from . . .

angelatc
01-09-2008, 08:13 PM
that's the point, everyone complains that they don't know what the strategy is, the questions do you think it would benefit the campaign to give away their strategy like Giuliani has

That was essentially the M.O. of Anita Andrews. She laid out a plan, and essentially asked people not to post it all over the internet and/or liberally pass out photocopies.

People screamed "Conspiracy!!!"

Swmorgan77
01-09-2008, 08:26 PM

It probably depends on what that strategy is...

If it is to plan for a brokered convention, then keeping in under wraps would probably help if it means that other candidates did not mobilize for that same possibility either.

However, how do you get the grass roots mobilized for it without exposing the strategy? I have wrestled with this myself as a meetup organizer, wanting to get our group fired up about the brokered convention/delegates approach but they haven't responded very enthusiastically.

I worry that by being public about that very exciting possiblity will cause other campaigns to mobilize for that same possiblity themselves making the delegate swarming/stacking process much more difficult.

Honselty, if I was campaign and I had a solid strategy under wraps I would keep it close to the cuff right now, but probably say enough to keep the grass roots hopeful.

ItsTime
01-09-2008, 08:27 PM
Ron Paul spent about the same money as Rudy in these states

I think that was obvious in that he spent little time or money in IA and NH.