PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to decide to vote for Ron Paul?

ronpaul4pres
01-09-2008, 07:42 PM
How long did it take from the time you first heard about Ron Paul to the time you decided you'd vote for him?

I'm trying to gauge how much time it will take to get a certain amount of new supporters.

Nyte
01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
It took me about 30 minutes.

Janet0116
01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
About a day. But I spend a good deal of my day surfing the web, and I watched quite a few Ron Paul you tubes, and did some web digging on him. The more I looked, the more I liked.

Seriously, the pro-Paul videos that aravoth, um I think BoratFan was another... those things do what Ron Paul doesn't do -- it appeals to people's EMOTIONS. Then Ron Paul comes along and clinches it with is unfallible logic. But more people need the emotional propoganda, because most people are not logical.

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 07:47 PM
It took me some time because I tried lying to myself at first... several days later I got a bit more involved... MAJOR WAKE UP

Wyurm
01-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Approximately 2 hours. I saw his name a few times, then played a video about CFR members as candidates. Ron Paul was at the end, so I searched him on Youtube. When I saw an old video of him speaking before congress about the Fed and the need for a gold standard, I realized I had seen him before on C-Span. At that time I thought he was awsome but doubted he would ever be re-elected since politicians almost never actually care about people anymore.

At that point I was sold.

Ron LOL
01-09-2008, 07:49 PM
The blowback explanation is what got me on board.

N13
01-09-2008, 07:52 PM
How often do you find an politician who knows the evils of the Federal Reserve?

ronpaul4pres
01-09-2008, 07:59 PM
How often do you find an politician who knows the evils of the Federal Reserve?

Point taken! :)

Yom
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
First time I saw his positions, I was in agreement with them, but I saw the racial controversy on Wikipedia and dismissed him as a closet racist. It wasn't until I revisted his views in December and seeing some videos before I realized that the accusations were false.

Aldanga
01-09-2008, 08:04 PM
About 4 months, give or take.

Abyss
01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
I found him on some tv site, i thought it would have south park or something.

But after I watched that first vid I was hooked.

Bilgefisher
01-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I'll be honest, I was one of the sheep. First time I ever heard of him was when the patriot act was passed. My thoughts "What friggin idiot would vote against that, hmph...he won't be in congress long"

That was until I learned what the patriot act really did. It wasn't until the 2+2 poker forums started talking about him that I started listening.

Drknows
01-09-2008, 08:11 PM
The blowback explanation is what got me on board.

Same here my jaw dropped during the first republican debate. I wasn't even going to watch it, i just wanted to see how pathetic they were.

Then Ron Paul Mentioned that i was like YEP this is the guy. Then i was like shit hes republican.

McDermit
01-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I "heard about him" quite a few times. Especially on myspace and pahardcore.com. But I never really read anything about him in detail, or watched the youtubes. Once I actually looked into him, it was under 2 days. (I spent like 3 straight days watching youtubes and reading his newsletters)

chipvogel
01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I don't remember the exact moment I decided...I just remember the feeling of shock that someone was finally seriously discussing issues that quite honestly I had given up.

I read about Paul not letting his children accept federal student loans and supporting them through college and refusing his congressional pension.

I think it was the shame I felt for what a hypocrite I had become. I knew when I turned 18 I wasn't entitled to others people money, but I took pell grants. Later I even moved to a rural area so the government would help make my house payments.

I'm looking for a way out of Libertarian hell and I hope that supporting Paul will help me find the way.

RP 247
01-09-2008, 08:17 PM
2 minutes & 8 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-DIpkJRDY

BlutStein
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM
There was the 30 minutes of Shock and Awe followed by a few hours of cruising Youtube just shaking my head cause this guy was saying everything I'd been telling my friends for years.

I'm young, so he clearly said it all before me but I was just dumbstruck that their existed this statesman and yet I had never heard or seen anything about him until the South Carolina debates in July.

ronpaul4pres
01-09-2008, 08:53 PM
2 minutes & 8 seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-DIpkJRDY

Hmm...perhaps I should have broken up the less than 1 day option into various ranges of minutes and seconds. :D

kaleidoscope eyes
01-09-2008, 08:57 PM
well, I'd say it took about 1 1/2 days after hearing him in one of the debates, then reading up on his issues and searching around. Before that..... (ummm please be kind, I was a dullard before RP) I was looking forward to an Obama Presidency, he has $10 of mine to boot! Oh, how things have changed! lol

GregVernon
01-09-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm going to guess that most of us here are more interested in politics than the average joe is. I think they, the average joe, won't worry about who they really vote for until the very last moment, and go with someone who's name they recognize.

Just my thoughts.

specsaregood
01-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I don't remember the exact moment I decided...I just remember the feeling of shock that someone was finally seriously discussing issues that quite honestly I had given up.

I do. :)

Thanks to instant messenger logs....
Fri Feb 16 2007
[09:48] me: who do you like in the next election? any of them?
[09:48] afriend: indeed
[09:48] afriend: Ron Paul
[09:49] afriend: Ron Paul is awake to the truth and to seeking it out and has a very solid history of it
[09:49] me: 3rd party?
insert 6 hours me taking off work and reading all of ron paul's columns...
[14:04] me: ron paul does sound like the man
[14:05] afriend: he is quite the man

Constitution Supporter
01-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Almost as soon as I heard of him. And the more I hear the stronger my dedication grows (a lot of things have the opposite effect when you learn more about them, but not RP!)

ronpaul4pres
01-09-2008, 11:45 PM
I do. :)

Thanks to instant messenger logs....

That's hilarious!

ronpaul4pres
01-10-2008, 12:16 AM
So 80% of us so far can be converted in a week or less?

ronpaul4pres
01-12-2008, 10:50 AM
blimp