PDA

View Full Version : No More Blimp After January 18

MN Patriot
01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Looks like the blimp project is fizzling out. Too bad, I was hoping it could fly until Super Tuesday at least. According to the blimp website, the contract is up in 9 days, so the blimp returns to Elizabeth City. Not enough donations.

It was a good try, anyway. The organizers deserve recognition. I envy their ability to pull a project like this together. Hopefully they can come up with more projects like this later.

Tarzan
01-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Looks like the blimp project is fizzling out. Too bad, I was hoping it could fly until Super Tuesday at least. According to the blimp website, the contract is up in 9 days, so the blimp returns to Elizabeth City. Not enough donations.

It was a good try, anyway. The organizers deserve recognition. I envy their ability to pull a project like this together. Hopefully they can come up with more projects like this later.

The current schedule is based on the available funding which only gets the Blimp through January 18th... one day before the South Carolina Primary. We have flight paths ready for a return to Florida and then to Georgia, Alabama & Tennessee prior to the Super Tuesday elections.

You are quite correct... the Blimp will have to cease operations without additional sponsors. If you would like the Blimp to continue operations it will need more support.

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/signatureblimp.png (http://RonPaulBlimp.com/)

slacker921
01-09-2008, 07:59 PM
hmm.. grassroots got the blimp going.. maybe somebody with a $20Million+ budget could find a little cash to keep it going?

Rebel Resource
01-09-2008, 08:07 PM
It's too damn expensive and we need at least $20m for HQ this month.....thankfully the air corps seem extremely cost effective and are almost all-weather.

gecko42
01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
We did it last time when everyone thought it was over. If people want it, $200K is nothing. We can get that in a few days. There just needs to be a sense of urgency, thanks for the reminder. Ron Paul just said on TV that the blimp is worth millions in media. Alex Jones has put his support behind it as well.

hueylong
01-09-2008, 08:41 PM
The blimp is going to be in Myrtle Beach, SC for the debate. If they do a good job getting media coverage, they'll get their money from the Paulroots.

MN Patriot
01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
We did it last time when everyone thought it was over. If people want it, $200K is nothing. We can get that in a few days. There just needs to be a sense of urgency, thanks for the reminder. Ron Paul just said on TV that the blimp is worth millions in media. Alex Jones has put his support behind it as well.

Well then, let's get a blimp money bomb going for this weekend. Show people what is possible from the unorganized grassroots campaign!

pacelli
01-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Please make sure someone from the Blimp team calls in to Alex Jones' show and requests a blimp moneybomb. His listeners routinely surge with 20k - 30k .

drdamwi
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I think the blimp was a wonderful, creative project, and it got us some good publicity - it will be remembered as probably the most unique way to get a candidate's name out there early on in the election. I think that the people who organized the blimp are awesome and incredibly dedicated. ...

Registered
01-09-2008, 09:08 PM

Tarzan
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Good, the blimp is a waste of money and a misallocation of resources. The money needs to go to funding for HQ to run ads and for funding ads in local newspapers, etc.

Really? I guess not everyone agrees. This guy seems to think it generated MILLIONS in advertising. And at a cost of 400K. Maybe he is just wrong?

A Differing Opinion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKmNKd1UBk)

tomaO2
01-09-2008, 11:03 PM
I think it's impressive that we got the full 400k to begin with. This has been the most expensive grassroots project to date. Maybe if we had done better in Iowa and NH we would have found momentum but considering how lackluster our results are, I don't think there is the enthusiasm for this white elephant.

Besides, the whole project was based on getting people to make large contributions and less then 10% of people donated 5000$ or more. This makes the whole idea of making this a for profit company as opposed to a PAC a waste of lawyer fees. We haven't found large donators to aid us and there are so many local fundraisers that need money as well. I just think the 4th quarter was our peek and now we'll start to slide as grim reality of our actual chances set in.

It's a great effort and worth praising but 2 months just doesn't look like it's in the cards and there's nothing wrong with that. The blimp has made it's statment. Thank you for all you've done.

RP4Pres2008
01-10-2008, 06:39 AM
It had a good run...

I just don't see the good having it stay in Florida/south the whole time. The novelty is wearing off.

Brian in Maryland
01-10-2008, 07:15 AM
I think the blimp is a great idea but, when I go to ronpaulblimp.com I find it a little confusing, as far as what has been raised and what needs to be raised. To me it needs to be written a little more clearly. Maybe the page should be layed out a little differently, also.

When I first looked at the page a few days ago my very first impression was that the money for the second month had been raised. It took me a few seconds of scrolling down and looking to realize that's not the case. I think it should jump right out.

I think the previous design and layout of the page was better. It even showed how much time a certain amount of money would buy. Not now.

Rebel Resource
01-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Really? I guess not everyone agrees. This guy seems to think it generated MILLIONS in advertising. And at a cost of 400K. Maybe he is just wrong?

A Differing Opinion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKmNKd1UBk)

Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. 14% of people know that.

RonRules
01-10-2008, 08:10 AM
The blimp is a huge asset, not only from a publicity aspect, but for the campaign morale aspects of it. It must continue. If we could raise 6 million in ONE day, we surely can fund 300K/month. That's 10K/day.

Besides, imagine is the Blimp has to stop flying, guess what the media will say?

We don't have much corporate sponsorship yet. The blimp needs to market it's activities to small business. They could sell advertising time for every 2-3 hour flight with an extra sign that says: Paid for by "Joe's Pizza" or whatever.

RonRules
01-10-2008, 08:13 AM
The only thing I would change on the Blimp project is to get rid of that 1st amendment lawyer. He's been completely useless and gave us bad advice, with respect to being able to fly over stadiums, etc.

Dead weight. Useless ballast.

gecko42
01-10-2008, 10:43 AM
It had a good run...

I just don't see the good having it stay in Florida/south the whole time. The novelty is wearing off.

Well, they tried to fly it up to NYC and got as far as South Jersey as I recall. The weather made it impossible to fly. The plan is to fly around SC which hasn't gotten much coverage at all and eventually head west toward Texas. That's a pretty big area that hasn't gotten any blimp love.

I agree that the blimp counter could be moved higher and stress how much money they need and when the deadline is.

Ilhaguru
01-10-2008, 11:11 AM
This is too critical. If we get another month, we can go to Atlanta and likely get CNN on board.

Can we send another email out, Blimp Crew? Better today/tonight/tomorrow than on a Saturday or Sunday. And to be safe we need all the time we can get so this week is the best.

tamor
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
ditto to #9 $$ now needed other places -- but big thanks to all who achieved the "Blimp Project"

tgannaway89
01-10-2008, 11:20 AM
Let's crash the blimp into the Fox News studio (maybe during Hannity and Colmes?)! That will get us some air time!

This is sarcasm so please don't respond saying "What a dumb idea they will go to jail..."

RonRules
01-10-2008, 12:14 PM
All expenses look fine to me, except for the two lawyers, one which charges $100/hr and the other who WILL NOT DISCLOSE IT (Probably 200/hr min) !!. That's at least $12000/week and they failed to get us to fly over stadiums. See the Disclosure/Transparency Page!

http://ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

The lawyer expense has to be dropped now. You can always giv'em a call if there is a serious problem. Trying to get special approvals to fly over restricted areas is a TOTAL WASTE of time.

People sit in traffic 2-3 hours/day. Fly over highways instead, which is what they're doing.

The blimp is a great project and MUST continue till the Republican Convention and hopefully till Nov 2008.

* Trevor Lyman - Trevor had original concept for this idea and will conduct most interviews with the press. o $500/week
* Elijah Lynn - Individual who got momentum for this project going and made arrangements with fellow Ron Paul supporter. WIll help manage project and coordinate everything. $500/week
* Dan Hornal - "Blimpographer" will be in the blimp filming the passengers or in other aircraft taping the blimp with the passengers in it. When not in the air they will also be taping another perspective. o $500/week
* Bryce Henderson- Company Media Coordinator o $500/week
* Katherine Memole - Project Manager, Customer Relations
o Volunteer - Full Time - No expenses
* Tony Kruse - Webmaster/Web Developer o $500/week

Outside Legal

* Brad Smith - Former FEC chairman and one of the leading election lawyers in the country.
o Brad Smith has asked us to remove his fee amounts from the Internet. We will, of course, make those number available to the audit committee. Our manager, Jerry Collette, http://www.inspirationparalegal.com/legal_services_management.html manages attorneys for a living. He assures us that Brad Smith is worth every dime he costs us and is looking forward to giving him much more work on our behalf.
* Jim Fosbinder - Our first amendment attorney who will fight for our right to fly in restricted airspace. Whether we win or lose we will be making the headlines and getting major media attention. o $100 hour

Brian in Maryland
01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
I like the blimp. Looks like donations are starting to go up again, also.

I am going to donate as soon as I get home from work.

bolidew
01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
It's too damn expensive and we need at least $20m for HQ this month.....thankfully the air corps seem extremely cost effective and are almost all-weather.

QFT.

Tarzan
01-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Did anybody even watch this video?

Ron Paul Talks about the Blimp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKmNKd1UBk)

Tarzan
01-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Here are some of the folks that were riding the Blimp today for reports:

Brian Formica - CBS/Fox Cameraman
Dan Dalstra - photographer
John Tompkins - reporter
Mike Essian - reporter ABC
Cameraman - ABC
Claudia Lauer - Myrtle Beach Sun News
Photographer - Myrtle Beach Sun News
Myrtle Beach Herald - Tom

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/signatureblimp.png (http://RonPaulBlimp.com/)

mdevour
01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
All expenses look fine to me, except for the two lawyers, one which charges $100/hr and the other who WILL NOT DISCLOSE IT (Probably 200/hr min) !!. That's at least $12000/week...

In case you're really that clueless how lawyers are paid:

They only charge for their time when you ask them to do something! The blimp crew is NOT paying these guys $100 & 200 per hour for 40 hours a week! Where did you get this nonsense idea?!

This is the quality of so much of the criticism directed at the blimp project: People who are fundamentally ignorant of business, law, aviation, public relations, etc., trying to convince the equally ignorant that the project is a failure when it really represents an astonishing success!

All of you who don't think the blimp should continue need to go find another project you DO support. Your negative comments here are destructive and deliberately aimed at undercutting the sincere efforts of other Ron Paul supporters.

We are in a war, people. This backstabbing is conduct unbecoming.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

smileylovesfreedom
01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
Believe me, $100 dollars an hour is cheap for a lawyer! I work in the legal field and my billing rate is much higher than that and I'm not even an attorney! And no, we don't bill unless we are doing something for the client. :)

gecko42
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
We are almost to 18% of our goal. Give the blimp some cash for payday! :D

lancey3
01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
save the blimp!

MN Patriot
01-12-2008, 04:24 PM
I just saw the blimp has jumped up to 21% of it's funding requirement. So like a dadburn fool I gave them another $50. I think it may have a chance to keep flying until Super Tuesday!

bucfish
01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Bump for the blimp and Donate and no campaign HQ cannot donate

Mckarnin
01-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Bump for the blimp and Donate and no campaign HQ cannot donate

We will be in SC through the 19th (primary) and then moving to FL and remaining there through their primary (if we get funded past the 18th of January).

K

acroso
01-12-2008, 05:07 PM
god why can't we use paypal....i dont use ANYTHING google...im sorry.

texasliberty
01-12-2008, 05:12 PM

Huh? You can use PayPal, they added it a little while ago. It's right on the homepage.

ken locke
01-12-2008, 05:26 PM
We want to help as much as we can....
The truck and trailer is still dressed up with all the banners and signs,stickers. :) It proved its self well on the road during our Ron Paul Riders support team.
We have share Ron's message with many since we came home , road signs put up. Super sign bomb in Cashiers ,NC to Sylva, NC :) :) 20 :)

We would like to be on the road more, and are ready to start today, but we have our family responsibilities at home too.

Most important our children. :)
, this is a moment in history that all is on the line, they need to learn and understand how their country is protected and reclaimed though non violent means, and how important Our Constitution is, so we will bring them with us, whole family agrees excellent life/learning experience.
We as a family support Ron Paul and his word and message, and as a family will serve as a family, that is a powerful statement. :)
We believe, us helping and serving in such manner, will awake thousands of other families out there to do the same.

We would help Ron Paul across the United States,

A great advertising idea/strategy is the states are in a order in which the primaries are held and debates scheduled. my truck/trailer is available, being well covered with banner,signs,etc, to roll the roads and locations , stop as we did on the Ron Paul Riders journey and hand out thousands of slim jims , get people registered, yard signs planted, stickers on cars, buttons .....Interviews for You Tube ( we learned so much a few weeks ago).
Also re modify my truck camper top, in which my flat screen TV can be installed, and have Ron Paul videos running.
We enjoy photography,and are working on a slide show of our journey as the supprt team for the Mike Maresco/Ron Paul Riders, from West Point,Ga to Washington DC :), We would like to be a news reporter team for Ron, giving him another avenue to get his word out .

and use the bicycles for additional ground support at debates primaries,etc. :)

We hope you will share this with all and Ron, You have a blimp :) and Now have the offer of a Mobile Ground Blimp :)

Sincerely,

Ken Locke and Shirley Kendrick and Family
ken_locke2001@yahoo.com
828 293 5323 home

"We The People have called upon the Constitution to protect us, Now. The Constitution calls upon We the People to protect it."

Ron Paul President 2008 Hope for America

Austrian_guy
01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
question: where's the deadline to be found on the website?
answer: NOWHERE, because nobody reads the small print.

Please look at the graph of the donations. Everytime it was APPARENT (<- that's the key word) that things are getting tight the donations skyrocketed.
If people don't see right away that their help is needed, you've lost them.

The Blimp-meter is great as a first step, but people have to know until when.
Give them a big red date, and possibly even the prospect of a grounded blimp, and I bet that donations pick up.

time is running out - let people know.

just my 2 cents

Bender
01-15-2008, 02:58 PM
So, what happens to the money raised so far if we don't make the goal?

gecko42
01-15-2008, 03:06 PM
I assume that all the unpaid staff members will get to take a tiny paycheck for the first time. That's great! :)

acroso
01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
I wish someone had the ability to organize blimp bombs...

gecko42
01-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Well, Trevor is the November 5th guy. He mentions the blimp in the email alerts.

Mckarnin
01-15-2008, 03:26 PM

We have PayPal now. :-)

Mckarnin
01-15-2008, 03:28 PM
We want to help as much as we can....
The truck and trailer is still dressed up with all the banners and signs,stickers. :) It proved its self well on the road during our Ron Paul Riders support team.
We have share Ron's message with many since we came home , road signs put up. Super sign bomb in Cashiers ,NC to Sylva, NC :) :) 20 :)

We would like to be on the road more, and are ready to start today, but we have our family responsibilities at home too.

Most important our children. :)
, this is a moment in history that all is on the line, they need to learn and understand how their country is protected and reclaimed though non violent means, and how important Our Constitution is, so we will bring them with us, whole family agrees excellent life/learning experience.
We as a family support Ron Paul and his word and message, and as a family will serve as a family, that is a powerful statement. :)
We believe, us helping and serving in such manner, will awake thousands of other families out there to do the same.

We would help Ron Paul across the United States,

A great advertising idea/strategy is the states are in a order in which the primaries are held and debates scheduled. my truck/trailer is available, being well covered with banner,signs,etc, to roll the roads and locations , stop as we did on the Ron Paul Riders journey and hand out thousands of slim jims , get people registered, yard signs planted, stickers on cars, buttons .....Interviews for You Tube ( we learned so much a few weeks ago).
Also re modify my truck camper top, in which my flat screen TV can be installed, and have Ron Paul videos running.
We enjoy photography,and are working on a slide show of our journey as the supprt team for the Mike Maresco/Ron Paul Riders, from West Point,Ga to Washington DC :), We would like to be a news reporter team for Ron, giving him another avenue to get his word out .

and use the bicycles for additional ground support at debates primaries,etc. :)

We hope you will share this with all and Ron, You have a blimp :) and Now have the offer of a Mobile Ground Blimp :)

Sincerely,

Ken Locke and Shirley Kendrick and Family
ken_locke2001@yahoo.com
828 293 5323 home

"We The People have called upon the Constitution to protect us, Now. The Constitution calls upon We the People to protect it."

Ron Paul President 2008 Hope for America

Hey! The "ground blimp" is great but doesn't belong in the Ron Paul Blimp thread. :-)

meemes
01-15-2008, 10:15 PM
To email inquiries about the blimp:

inquiries@RonPaulBlimp.com

More importantly to donate:

http://ronpaulblimp.com/

LET'S TRY TO GET A FLIGHT AROUND THE SUPERBOWL IF NOTHING ELSE!!

bucfish
01-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Blimp needs our help but also does MLK freeatlast2008.com Let's get these things done and also get the aircorps over SC and NV non stop.

Molly1
01-15-2008, 10:57 PM
Keep the blimp aloft.

They take paypal.

gecko42
01-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Make sure the blimp gets back to Florida! Sponsor the blimp today!

slacker921
01-18-2008, 08:18 AM
the blimp needs $63,000 by the end of the day or it won't fly through Super Tuesday.

it's gotten loads of TV exposure.. it's worth throwing a few bucks towards it.

szczebrzeszyn
01-18-2008, 09:31 AM
the blimp needs $63,000 by the end of the day or it won't fly through Super Tuesday.

It won't fly through Super Tuesday even if it gets this $63k. This money will last for a bit over a week maybe, starting on 19th. So, maybe till the end of the January MAX.
They just divided the amount into smaller chunks, because it's more encuraging to see that you need $63k instead of a real amount (to fly through Super Tuesday it would be more like $140,000 is still needed and $340,000 to fly full month starting Jan 19th)

Unfortunately, many projects struggle with lack of cash recently. Look at the official campaign tracker - they have like 50% what Huckabee has this month. IMHO, the primary results made a significant impact on that... :(

tamor
01-18-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks to all who helped in anyway to get the RP Blimp flying. It certainly accomplished the goal of getting Ron Paul's name out there.. now it will be feet on the ground to get him elected. Now money needs to go to tv and radio ads.

Dave Pedersen
01-18-2008, 10:25 AM
blimp

gecko42
01-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks to all who helped in anyway to get the RP Blimp flying. It certainly accomplished the goal of getting Ron Paul's name out there.. now it will be feet on the ground to get him elected. Now money needs to go to tv and radio ads.

The blimp is more cost effective than radio and TV ads. You need them sure, but the blimp gives you $6.20 for every dollar you spend in advertising. And I encourage everyone to sponsor the blimp AND canvas too. The blimp is a good talking point for converting voters. It's worked for me multiple times!

Ginobili
01-18-2008, 11:23 AM
`11

gecko42
01-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Less than $40K to go!

slacker921
01-18-2008, 10:49 PM
less than $19,000 needed to keep the blimp flying through super tuesday.. deadline in about 10 mins..

http://ronpaulblimp.com

gecko42
01-19-2008, 11:05 AM
I see on the blog there is a blimp open house. Did we save the blimp or is it permanently grounded? :(

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 11:07 AM
I see on the blog there is a blimp open house. Did we save the blimp or is it permanently grounded? :(

Gecko, as in the past the owner is willing to be flexible and give us another day to get the money. I am very grateful that he has been so understanding.

Oh and yes. We are having an open blimp and Rand Paul and his two sons will be there.

SUMTER, SOUTH CAROLINA January 17, 2008 The Ron Paul Blimp and family of Ron Paul will be hosting an "Open Blimp" event Saturday, January 19th at 11am at Sumter Municipal Airport. This unique event will give people an opportunity to see the blimp up close and meet the members of Ron Paul's family. Depending on his schedule Ron Paul may also be making an appearance. Hundreds of area leaders, supporters and curious spectators are expected to attend as this will be a rare opportunity to view the blimp. Members of Ron Paul's family including his son Rand Paul and two of his grandsons, Duncan and Robert Paul will be hosting the event. The blimp's crew and pilots will be available to answer questions about the blimp and will be providing tours of the cabin. Guests will be offered the opportunity to undergo official "Blimponaut Ground Training" and after their certification can have their photograph taken in the pilot's seat on the blimp. There will also be an information kiosk where you can purchase blimp memorabilia and get information on Ron Paul. The blimp will be making several media and passenger flights starting at 8:30AM on the 19th. The event is expected to go until 1pm.

Since it's initial launch on December 17, 2007, the blimp has traveled over 3,300 miles covering Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina, North Carolina, Savannah, Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. While flying it has been seen by hundreds of thousands of people in addition to being featured on CNN, ABC News, in the NY Times, Boston Herald, Washington Post and countless other publications and local news broadcasts.

To request a ride at the "Open Blimp" on the 19th please email us: inquiries@ronpaulblimp.com

gecko42
01-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Yay, keep giving people! :D

BreakYourChains
01-19-2008, 11:52 AM
blimp

Ilhaguru
01-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Not even 15k to go!

Go blimp!!!

Mini-Me
01-19-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm wanting to donate today, but I wanted to check - is Paypal safe for this? I heard some rumblings about them screwing over the Grannywarriors or something like that. If I pay via Paypal, will the blimp get my money in a prompt manner?

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm wanting to donate today, but I wanted to check - is Paypal safe for this? I heard some rumblings about them screwing over the Grannywarriors or something like that. If I pay via Paypal, will the blimp get my money in a prompt manner?

We are using a business PayPal account. Granny Warriors were trying to use a personal PayPal account and those freeze when more than $5,000 is deposited.
The reason it took us so long to get PayPal is that we had to secure a business account before offering that option. It is working well and we have received over $25,000 through PayPal and no freezing.

Mini-Me
01-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the quick response! Yeah, I have nowhere near that kind of cash to spare, but every bit helps...$100 is my humble donation du jour.
When is the absolute deadline for the $100,000? Supposedly it was yesterday (when I noticed it was 50 grand less full than it is now!), but they're still taking donations. Is it imperative it's all collected today? I could give some more if necessary, but I also want to make a strong contribution to the moneybomb Monday.

gecko42
01-19-2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks Mini-Me!

Mckarnin
01-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the quick response! Yeah, I have nowhere near that kind of cash to spare, but every bit helps...$100 is my humble donation du jour.
When is the absolute deadline for the $100,000? Supposedly it was yesterday (when I noticed it was 50 grand less full than it is now!), but they're still taking donations. Is it imperative it's all collected today? I could give some more if necessary, but I also want to make a strong contribution to the moneybomb Monday.

Thank you for sponsoring the blimp!

The blimp owner is letting us have a little leeway, especially since it is the weekend so I think if we have it by tonight or mid-day tomorrow we'll have our down payment set on our second month so we can start flying through super Tuesday. Once we have the down payment we'll start work on raising enough to get us paid up through Super Tuesday. :-)

K

Mini-Me
01-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Eek! How much more will it cost after the $100,000 down payment?

MN Patriot
01-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Thank you for sponsoring the blimp!

The blimp owner is letting us have a little leeway, especially since it is the weekend so I think if we have it by tonight or mid-day tomorrow we'll have our down payment set on our second month so we can start flying through super Tuesday. Once we have the down payment we'll start work on raising enough to get us paid up through Super Tuesday. :-)

K

GREAT! I hope people are encouraged by the Nevada results. If Ron takes 2nd, more people will have a look at Ron, and probably get more donors.

gecko42
01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
RP will come in 3rd at minimum so that's an improvement!

RonRules
01-19-2008, 04:04 PM
With second place in Nevada (from what it looks like) and a strong showing in SC, the blimp has to continue. Please donate.

RonRules
01-19-2008, 04:39 PM
There is NO LINK to the blimp on the main Ron Paul site. This needs to be fixed quick!

www.ronpaul2008.com

Dave Pedersen
01-19-2008, 04:42 PM
only 14k to go ! let's do it !

FreeTraveler
01-19-2008, 04:47 PM
There is NO LINK to the blimp on the main Ron Paul site. This needs to be fixed quick!

www.ronpaul2008.com (http://www.ronpaul2008.com)

FEC won't allow that.

Mini-Me
01-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Ron Paul can't put a link to the blimp on the site, or it will become part of the official campaign and thus subject to campaign finance rules.

gecko42
01-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Less than $10K yay! :)

mdevour
01-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Unfortunately, many projects struggle with lack of cash recently. Look at the official campaign tracker - they have like 50% what Huckabee has this month. IMHO, the primary results made a significant impact on that... :(

QFT!!

The total blimp budget to date amounts to only 3% of the money raised by the campaign in the 4th quarter!

This slowdown in overall funding is a much bigger issue than anything to do with the blimp, which is a project that's doing its job very well and only getting better with time.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

fuzzybekool
01-20-2008, 02:59 PM
blimp

fmontez
01-20-2008, 03:00 PM
I am shocked that our response to a money crunch is to get rid of one of our most successful free media generating tools... LOL

newyearsrevolution08
01-20-2008, 03:25 PM
didn't this amazing media tool fly over sc though? that is where I am confused, as in which states are we saying this blimp is ACTUALLY going to give REAL results for?

thats all I want to know, by all means keep something going if it shows ACTUAL results. Like in nevada for instance, those ads worked as we saw. In sc however we didn't do so hot and I for whatever reason was thinking it was being taken care of with the blimp and other ideas there since there was all this praise for the blimp and the millions in advertising it was producing at the fraction of the cost. I hoped to see the fruits of the labor in sc IF it did fly there. If it didn't then which states did it fly in so I can track the "blimp bump" in votes.

mdevour
01-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Earning votes is like farming...

Name recognition is turning the soil.

Canvassing, issue ads, and campaign events plant the seeds.

Get-out-the-vote efforts bring in the harvest.

All three stages are needed.

The blimp is primarily a name recognition tool that makes canvassing a little easier and helps get the message out through free news coverage on the local level. It boosts spirits in the volunteers and makes a positive impression on the public.

If you want to know if the blimp worked, on a technical level, get ahold of polling date for name recognition and see if Ron Paul became better known to people during and after the blimp's visits and significant news coverage.

It's pretty strange to dismiss the blimp's effectiveness or complain about its costs when there are so many other factors in play that could easily explain the results we're seeing.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

gecko42
01-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Earning votes is like farming...

Name recognition is turning the soil.

Canvassing, issue ads, and campaign events plant the seeds.

Get-out-the-vote efforts bring in the harvest.

All three stages are needed.

The blimp is primarily a name recognition tool that makes canvassing a little easier and helps get the message out through free news coverage on the local level. It boosts spirits in the volunteers and makes a positive impression on the public.

If you want to know if the blimp worked, on a technical level, get ahold of polling date for name recognition and see if Ron Paul became better known to people during and after the blimp's visits and significant news coverage.

It's pretty strange to dismiss the blimp's effectiveness or complain about its costs when there are so many other factors in play that could easily explain the results we're seeing.

For Liberty!

Mike D.

QFT!