PDA

View Full Version : My Most Unique RP Conversation & Other SC stories...

Bossobass
07-22-2007, 09:49 AM
So, there we were, in our RP Caravan, blasting down I85 South at 75 MPH, when along comes a huge Suburban SUV coming up in the left lane and slowly matching our speed until it was directly beside me.

I had all of the windows of my vehicle done up with RP info as I looked through the 'LOVE' in revolution (it was written forward from the inside) to notice that the passenger of the Suburban was leaning out of his window and shouting something. I was hesitant to put my window down for fear of smudging the lettering on my window, so the rather large black man shouted louder, "Who...is...Ron...Paul?"

I then put my window down and shouted back, "He's...a...candidate...for...President."

The man shouted, "But...who...is...he?"

I replied, as loudly as I could, "He's...A...Texas...Congressman!"

The man shouted back as we continued matching (high) speed down the highway, "What's...he...gonna...do...for...me?"

I yelled, "He's...gonna...get...rid...of...the...I...R...S!!"

The stranger in the SUV gave an immediate thumbs up and shouted, "I'm...Down...with...that!!" and the driver of the Suburban honked his horn as they sped off into the South Carolina interstate highway system, veering off onto the next exit ramp.

Message delivered, just in the nick of time. :D :eek: :cool:

I got to speak briefly with my Favorite First Lady ever, Carol "Luvey" Paul. She's an absolute delight of a person who has always terated me like a member of the family.

Earlier in the month, in Iowa, Mrs. Paul and my wife discussed the Presidential Cookbook that Mrs. Paul has begun work on, so look for info on that and contribute your family favorite recipes, handed down from generation to generation, to share with the world.

My youngest son asked me on Firday, "who is Rachel?" I looked back at him and asked him if that was for real, "You don't know who Rachel is?" I proceeded to download some of her vids for him to watch and told him the RP Junkie story.

At the Summit Pointe luncheon, there was not enough room for our party, so Tim and his buddy, Steven sat at the next table. I was all over the venue, and when I finally sat down there was a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to see Tim who said, "Guess who I'm sitting next to for lunch?" Yup, Rachel herself. She's such a cool person and she graciously posed for pics (see one attached below). Very cool, and lots of fun.

Lew Moore and I exchanged some info. I have continued respect for the job he and Kent Snyder are doing. To think of the shoestring budget and almost complete lack of staff that they began with, they have kept the good Doctor on a whirlwind tour of America, and helped RP to slowly hone his platform.

RP delivered an amazing speech. That man speaks as though it's just you and him in a private conversation, and he has such powerful things to say. I hope we never take the depth of his speeches for granted. He sticks his neck way out there for us all, gladly, and I find my self asking the person next to me, "Can you believe what he just said??!!"

I talked to Rick Beltram. I told him, "You're such a trouble maker. Now, tell me, what are the numbers? Are we happy yet? Are we a bit more convinced?" He said, "The numbers are good, it's going to be a great event."

Afterward, I stood with him for a photo. When he saw me approaching, he didn't know what I might be bringing (as I imagined he felt as anyone approached him, as it would have been very easy to rub it in at that point), and I got up to him and asked, "Can I get a picture?" He asked, very surprised, "With ME? SURE!"

I so dug the "Spamming the Hungry" campaign launch. We brought or supplies to add to the 'Wall" of food, and placed them there with a lot of pride in all of you who originated and pushed the idea. Call on me anytime if there is a way I can help with this campaign. It's brilliant and it was a superb addition to a near-perfect Saturday in the summer of 2007.

The caravan, the RON PAUL MACHINE, the money we raised for the Adopt and Iowan project, the luncheon, the venue, the speech, the old friends, the many, many new friends, the SPAM! project, the attendence...and my most excellent high-speed RP testimonial...simply superb. :D :cool:

Bosso

jblosser
07-22-2007, 10:03 AM
That's hilarious. We've taken to driving with painted windows down here because it gets attention better than bumper stickers... we've been talking about trying to mount a camera to make a youtube of all the double takes and other reactions.

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Bosso - Very inspirational!

LibertyEagle
07-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Yup, Rachel herself. She's such a cool person and she graciously posed for pics (see one attached below)

Where?

Bossobass
07-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Where?

So sorry, I moved it to a page on my web site, linked to in my sig :o

She's on the SPAM page and the Summit Pointe page.

Bosso

Akus
07-22-2007, 05:17 PM
So, there we were, in our RP Caravan, blasting down I85 South at 75 MPH, when along comes.....

Any pics of what those car signs looked like?

Bossobass
07-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Any pics of what those car signs looked like?

Hi Akus,

I added a page with pics of my car. You can check it out on the 'High Speed Message Delivered' page ;)

I never realized how much attention you get on the Interstate system when you have your windows lettered like that. I decided to leave the lettering on. :)

Bosso

mconder
07-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Would someone PM me with the full length video link from the SC rally?

Dartan
07-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Earlier in the month, in Iowa, Mrs. Paul and my wife discussed the Presidential Cookbook that Mrs. Paul has begun work on, so look for info on that and contribute your family favorite recipes, handed down from generation to generation, to share with the world.

Bosso

Sweet! I could use some good frozen fish recipes. :D