PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Michigan supporters

Sarkin
01-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Trying to think of ways to canvass Democratic support for Paul? I've got the idea, and I think it's a good one. Here it is:

Hold your own debate! Are you planning to put an ad in the newspaper? Make half of it into an invitation of Democratic voters, liberals, muslims to join you in a 'political discussion'. You can either rent out a place, or hold it in a park, or even on your own lawn. Make posters with relevant information, but not specifically Ron Paul.

"Did you know that your vote doesn't count?"

"The Democratic Convention has withdrawn all of our delegates!"

"What Republican can we vote for that would be our second best choice for President?"

Probably a tenth of the people there will know about this. If you can get a few nearby Paul supporters to join the discussion, that's great. Quickly mention that you think the second best choice for Democratic voters in Michigan is Ron Paul. Explain his anti-war views, and you're set.

For Muslim and liberal voters, just explain his economic policy, tax plans, and views on individual rights, and you're set.

Depending on the location, this can be as cheap as the ad+concessions/seating, and vastly more effective than just the ad itself. Make sure to mention the concessions within the ad, of course. :D

Sarkin
01-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Not to seem impatient, but, screw it, I'm going to be impatient. We have less than a week before this happens. 25 minutes without a response is too long. If the Michigan supporters are as dedicated as I've heard, I'm sure this wouldn't be that far fetched to them. Remember, the first person you get to vote for Ron Paul, you've doubled your impact. Triple it? Quadruple it? Well, I don't know what the word for 20x is, but that's a potential estimate for a small gathering of this nature. This can work well, easily.

pcosmar
01-09-2008, 07:23 PM
?????
You are talking about renting a Hall where?
How many can you fit in this venue? Is it within driving distance? From where?

We needed TV Ads, Two weeks ago, and state wide.

http://www.nacaa2007.msu.edu/michigan.jpg

Sarkin
01-09-2008, 07:26 PM
I'm not talking specifics here. This is a very adaptable idea. Don't have much money? Print off a bunch of papers to pin up around your district advertising a political discussion in your home. Have money to burn? Buy a full page ad in your local newspaper advertising a meetup in a local town hall you could rent out. Any Michiganian supporter with just a bit of money, organizational skill, and time could do this. The plan is sortof adaptable to other states, but it's perfect for this state in particular.

pcosmar
01-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm not talking specifics here. This is a very adaptable idea. Don't have much money? Print off a bunch of papers to pin up around your district advertising a political discussion in your home. Have money to burn? Buy a full page ad in your local newspaper advertising a meetup in a local town hall you could rent out. Any Michiganian supporter with just a bit of money, organizational skill, and time could do this. The plan is sortof adaptable to other states, but it's perfect for this state in particular.

The primary is next week. You could not even rent a hall on that short notice.
You have Absolutely NO idea of the size of this state.
I belong to two meet-ups. One is two hours away with good weather and light traffic. The other is 5 1/2 hours away.
This is a high cost- low impact way to spread the message.

As of the July 1, 2006 population estimate, Michigan has an estimated population of 10,095,643, which is a decrease of 25,217, or -0.05%, from the prior year, but an increase of 157,199, or 1.6%, since the year 2000. This includes a natural increase since the last census of 235,760 people (that is 691,897 births minus 456,137 deaths) and a decrease from net migration of 42,183 people out of the state. Immigration from outside the United States resulted in a net increase of 354,544 people, and migration within the country produced a net loss of 165,084 people. The state's population increased by 817,000 between 1990 and 2004, an 8.8% growth. As of 2000, the state had the 8th largest population in the Union.