PDA

View Full Version : The smallest act of kindness..

Paulitical Correctness
01-09-2008, 05:43 PM
(Not really RP related, but I wanted to share regardless)..

The smallest act of kindness..

..can make the biggest kind of difference.

I know it's so very miniscule, but it pretty much made my day nonetheless..

An old lady at Wal-Mart smiled at me, insisting that I go ahead of her because she had a cart full of items whereas I had just two.

Shocked at this gesture, I smiled back and said "Thank you so much, I appreciate it."

I used to be pretty intent on chivalry and kindness. Just small things that I personally thought should be second nature to us all - holding doors open for each other, courtesy on the road, having manners and a code of ethics, apologizing for bumping into someone rather than getting angry. Things like this.

However, when I came to the conclusion that I was among a select few that behaved this way, I grew very angry and bitter and ceased immediately.

I figured if other people couldn't manage kindness, why should I? But that negates the point of it to begin with. It's no more for anyone else than it is for me. I want to behave this way, not only for the sake of other peoples' emotions, but for my own. Misery loves company, but kindness can ignite the world.

Anyway, the point of this is to say that we're all caught up in our own little worlds and often forget that the random faces we pass each and every day are human beings just like you and I. (Even if they might be Huckabee supporters :D)

The smallest gesture, be it kind or otherwise, can have a tremendous impact on those around you. Watch your aura. Choose your actions carefully. Smile at a stranger.

Peace. :)

evandi
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
When I see improper acts of kindness I want to strangle someone.

What Walmart does is abuse human relations by paying someone to act nice.

When a girl smiles at me to get me to sign a form, I want to believe she likes me. It implies that everything is alright. I'm attractive, people like me, everything is going to be just fine.

But it isn't so. And actually people who abuse kindness like that instantly become subhuman to me.

If you are going to abuse human emotions, you aren't human.

The more widespread this bullshit gets, the more meaningless emotions become.

The more Romney smiles, the more I want to strangle him. But that is just me.

phixion
01-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Heck, America really must be bad if that's how rare manners and common courtesy are.

I guess Britain isn't so bad after all. Here it's only the minority who suffer a lack of manners.

Pete

Paulitical Correctness
01-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Heck, America really must be bad if that's how rare manners and common courtesy are.

I guess Britain isn't so bad after all. Here it's only the minority who suffer a lack of manners.

Pete

Maybe it's my southern small town...so much for southern hospitality, lol.

Paulitical Correctness
01-09-2008, 05:54 PM
When I see improper acts of kindness I want to strangle someone.

What Walmart does is abuse human relations by paying someone to act nice.

When a girl smiles at me to get me to sign a form, I want to believe she likes me. It implies that everything is alright. I'm attractive, people like me, everything is going to be just fine.

But it isn't so. And actually people who abuse kindness like that instantly become subhuman to me.

If you are going to abuse human emotions, you aren't human.

The more widespread this bullshit gets, the more meaningless emotions become.

The more Romney smiles, the more I want to strangle him. But that is just me.

I wasn't referring to the cashier, I was talking about another customer. And I'm not talking about politicians, I'm talking about every day people. Like you and I.

Fucking be nice to each other. :mad:

manny
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
:)

It's true.

Saying thank you, smiling, being polite will take us far. We should follow Ron's example always.