PDA

View Full Version : Organize this rabble, or lose

wildermuthn
01-09-2008, 05:32 PM
Two cents from a lurker...

First - we need to realize that polls are mostly accurate. They can be off by 5 percentage points, but not 20. Polls are not perfect, but they are accurate. Get your heads out of the sand - until RP is first or second in the polls (or rising dramatically as a close third), he stands little chance of nomination or election.

Second - we need to support RP's judgment about the campaign. That means we support those who he has hired to run his campaign. That means if they tell us "no recount", we say, "I disagree, but I trust RP. How can we help RP?"

Third - we need to present RP's revolutionary policies as reform policies. If you listen to RP (do you?), you notice that he always talks about how his policies are similar to what Bush ran on in 2000. The electorate will not elect a revolutionary. They might elect a reformer.

Fourth - we need less forums, less talk, and more grassroots leadership. People should come not to chat and discuss, but to join an effort that is already ongoing. We tell you where we live, where we operate, what we can give in terms of time, money, and resources, and then we are given a list of things that we can and ought to do. This means focused leadership and tight organization. Who will step up? People are buying blimps, and we don't have an easy, direct, and simple way to transform internet enthusiasm into votes! Why do I have to traverse RPforums to actually find something to do? And when I do, there are a 100 random projects. Ridiculous!

Proposal: a national website that channels RP enthusiasm into coordinated grassroots action.

There is a certain irony about trying to organize grassroots action for a libertarian candidate. Yet that it exactly what will win this election.

jupiter
01-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Rabble is right -- and these were exactly what American revolutionaries were called originally.

We need a George Washington for our Thomas Jefferson.

Chester Copperpot
01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Rabble is right -- and these were exactly what American revolutionaries were called originally.

We need a George Washington for our Thomas Jefferson.

More exactly we need a Baron Von Steuben... He straightened everybody out for Washington.. hmmm

but who would do this.

DamnI wish my uncle was around.

jankyflava
01-09-2008, 07:27 PM
This is a great post and needs a lot more attention, I think that we all know what was stated is true... But who'll pickup the reins and lead this Motley Crew?

jupiter
01-09-2008, 11:05 PM
This is a great post and needs a lot more attention, I think that we all know what was stated is true... But who'll pickup the reins and lead this Motley Crew?

We need Vince Neil to lean the Motley Crue!

ConstitutionGal
01-09-2008, 11:11 PM
Getting this movement all heading in the same direction is akin to that proverbial herding of cats. It's hard work getting a candidate favorable exposure and actually taken seriously and, sadly, we have 'some' in this movement that tend to act or speak before they think. We need to trade just a little of the enthusiasm for a bit of professionalism, IMHO. Someone would probably have to be nuts though to volunteer to try and lead this group....wait!!...hold the phoine!....according to the media we're all NUTS!!.................................somebody step to bat....it's the top of the third inning and we're down by 2!!!

american empire
01-10-2008, 12:48 AM
constitutional gal ...we should take the initiative our selves......there is no line up already given to the umpire..so we don't know who will volunteer to hit that home run to narrow down the lead....trevor lyman has been on base ....vijay too...maybe its your turn to bat?......thats the beauty and unfortunately undoing of this campaign....

Spirit of '76
01-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Proposal: a national website that channels RP enthusiasm into coordinated grassroots action.

Consider it done:

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com