PDA

View Full Version : Brokered GOP Convention Likely (you can make a difference in your district!

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
from lew rockwell...

Most of the Morons in the MSM appear ignorant of primary rules for various states. They will go on about Giuliani "winning" Florida and Huckabee "winning" South Carolina. They appear to be uninformed.

Most large states conduct "mini-primaries" in each Congressional Distict. For example, California is winner-take-all by district, so there are essentially 53 separate primaries. It is probable that 4-6 GOP candidates will win districts in California, resulting in a mixed distribution.

Here is the allocation method for the remaining primaries (I am excluding caucuses because the distribution is more fluid and complex):

Winner-take-all statewide (GOP): Arizona, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Utah, Vermont, and Virginia.

Winner-take-all by Congressional District (GOP): California, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, West Virginia.

States that have primaries that give delegates to second- or third-place winners by Congressional District and Statewide: Alabama, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and Texas.

States that have primaries that give delegates to second- or third-place winners Statewide only: Idaho, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oregon, and South Dakota.

If you look at the leaders in the various states, you will see that there is a good chance of a pretty even distribution of delegates. In addition, a significant number of delegates are "superdelegates," (the Dems' term) who are chosen by virtue of their positions, regardless of who they are. It is hard to see how any of them can get 50% before the end of the primaries. This would result in either a brokered convention or a pre-convention deal (like McCain and Huckabee teaming up for a ticket).

You can check out each state's rules here.
and they have it by major event chronologically.

AlexMerced
01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
this is so ridiculously important it's ridiculous

Scott Wilson
01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Excellent point.

This will really motivate the District Leaders here in Tennessee.

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 05:24 PM

yeah...

AlexMerced
01-09-2008, 05:47 PM
yeah...

FTW

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 06:13 PM
bump

Diana
01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Yep. Very important that you understand the process in your state and how you can get delegates for Paul. Right now Hunter has more delegates than Giuliani which might put things in perspective. . .

JustBcuz
01-09-2008, 07:02 PM

...and that is ridiculously understated. :D

KNOW THE RULES IN YOUR STATE AND EXPLOIT THEM THE BEST YOU CAN!!!

Delegates are EVERYTHING!

torchbearer
01-09-2008, 07:08 PM
3 states, 3 different winners. no one has momentum and we have 47 states to go. We will fight hard in every state, and win delegates where we can.

Do we have more delegates than Fred Thompson and Rudy Guiliani? We actually won Jefferson county in Iowa, that will definitely translate into more delegates.
Super Tuesday will be the big day, louisiana's district caucus votes are January 22. the last day to qualify for the election of delegates was suppose to be today, but they extended it to the 12th. That's the third time dates have changed for our caucus in the last 3 weeks. Perhaps they saw the flood of Ron Paul delegates qualifying and decided they needed more time to mobilize. They usually don't change dates last minute unless there is a really good reason.

We have a full slate in my district. 15 delegates, 15 alternates.
Louisiana is delegate rich this year. 41 total. double what we normally have because we elected a republican governor last year. we can win majority in my district, and its looking good in the other districts as well. We have a paid staffer as a state coordinator, and a regional coordinator.
We are on conference calls with them and the other meet-up leaders in our state almost nightly. Everything is looking good.

Austin
01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
It really boils down to how we win it, and that is town by town, district by district, state by state. We have to look at Jefferson County in Iowa and Richmond, NH.

I plan on creating a win for Ron Paul in Kosciusko County, my home.

Also, BECOME A DELEGATE!

tsetsefly
01-10-2008, 08:05 AM
It really boils down to how we win it, and that is town by town, district by district, state by state. We have to look at Jefferson County in Iowa and Richmond, NH.

I plan on creating a win for Ron Paul in Kosciusko County, my home.

Also, BECOME A DELEGATE!

bump