PDA

View Full Version : Please do not give up everybody.

Akus
01-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I just want to say that I see some people are very disenchanted and some are actually jumping what they consider a sinking ship. Please do not. This will turn into a self fulfilling prophecy - Ron Paul loses because everyone jumped the ship because everyone thought that Ron Paul is losing.

Ask yourself, honestly, have you done this before.?

I have never given one red penny to a political campaign. I have never put any bumper sticker on my car, let alone a political one. I have never been involved in political activism and, until very recently, thought that people who wave signs for or against something are bums because normal people are at work at this time making a living and taking care of their family. I did not know that there is such thing as delegates and that it takes much more then a primary victory to win. I am green. I have learned, and am still learning so much about how gears turn and what makes them turn in this country.

Tell me, are you like me?

Some of you are not, some of you are seasonal activists who worked the Kerry, or Bush, or Badnarik campaign. But let's face it, you are a minority. Most of us never cared before and Ron Paul is the only reason why we actually do.

Do not give up and predict that Ron Paul is done.

There is still work cut out to do. Doors to knock, local GOP meetings to attend, books to read. We can't rely on the official campaign and thus, we get the credit or the blame if Ron Paul wins or tanks.

Do not give up.

May be that guy you see everyday doesn't want to vote for Ron Paul because you're a zealot. May be that other guy will not vot for Ron Paul because all he heard is some crazy gold standard sound bite. I don't know all the reasons nor could I, but we must be the change we want the community around us to be.

I personally want to study up on the issues that pertain to this or that group. I tell waitresses that Ron Paul proposed a bill that would tax exempt tipping, I tell Christians that he is a God fearing family man with a 50 year old marriage under his belt. I tell "they'll come after us if we pull out" crowd that the war costs us too much and we are hurting our selves worse with this war then 2 9/11s could have.

Don't give up. Be at peace.

You can't turn them all around. Don't. Stop looking for conspiracies everywhere. There was no vote fraud in Iowa, there was no demolition in New York, and reptilians are not running this country. This elite that we always blame our troubles for, is there because we let them be there. Their weapons are our ignorance and easy discouragement. They're just like us, bullets don't fly off their chests and they can't bench press cars.

Don't give up.

Sometimes, in order to find the truth and peace, it's not enough for the wrong to admit they're wrong. Sometimes, we, the Ron Paul supporters, too, have to admit we're wrong. Yes, the right have to admit they're wrong to learn and to find the truth.

Do not give up.

That way, your conscience is clean, should, God forbid, Hillary or Fred deliver the next state of the Union. You didn't vote for them. You didn't help them by your indifference and inaction, either. You'll feel proud and won't look down on yourself because of that.

Do not give up.

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I am not giving up...

Akus
01-09-2008, 04:56 PM
I am not giving up...

good:o

Hook
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
We aren't giving up on Dr. Paul. Just giving up on HQ. We need to take this bull by the horns at the grassroots level. That is the only way to win.
Not sure exactly how though.

AtomiC
01-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Great post.

I'm in this 'till Ron Paul gets elected!

RockEnds
01-09-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm not giving up. Quite the opposite. I'm ready to dig in harder. I still have some literature left (as HQ finally delivered the night before the caucus), and I have supporters from here in town ready to go canvass some of the small towns in northern Missouri that I'm sure HQ will not deem important enough to receive any attention.

Constitution Supporter
01-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Ron Paul For The Long Haul!

jcparsons
01-09-2008, 05:33 PM
I was discouraged but as soon as Hillary beat Obama The ANTI NWO came back out that i had surpressed for the campain. And I SMELL BS I joined this movement to fight the NWO and ohhhh baby i had forgot that! So i haven't been this pumped up since before the R[evol]ution! The only difference between then and now was i didn't know there was a million other people out there that felt the same.

To all the people who are thinking its over! Then your weren't really ever a REAL PAULITE! this isn't over not even after Ron Paul is elected! ITS only the beginning!