PDA

View Full Version : We will not win Michigan but Romney

Johnnybags
01-09-2008, 04:51 PM
is going all in, and it looks like McCain too. Romney is cutting out SC and Florida for the big bucks which can only mean he is broke, campaign wise, Fred is all in in SC and Rudy is all in in Florida. Not sure where we should hammer but its great to see McCain and Romney spending their last dolares. Looks like Money troubles brewing for the entire lot of fools.

kushaze
01-09-2008, 04:58 PM
I would be happy if we just came ahead of Huckabee in Michigan. It really pisses me off that people are voting for Huckabee, especially because he is getting a free ride from the media. I think we can win Michigan if we just get the anti-war democrats to vote republican this one time since their is no democraitic primary in Michigan.

Give me liberty
01-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Think positive, and stop thinking backwards.

If you dont want stay, go back home.

We Will win and McCain cant win 2 states.

kushaze
01-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Think positive, and stop thinking backwards.

If you dont want stay, go back home.

We Will win and McCain cant win 2 states.

I would rather have McCain win in Michigan, than Romney win Michigan. If Romney loses he is out and he takes his ad purchasing power with him. McCain won Michigan back in 2000 and it never helped him. McCain will be stopped in Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida where I think he has no chance because he is too moderate (liberal on a few issues). Ron Paul just needs a top 3 finish in Michigan.

JT1
01-09-2008, 05:12 PM
I think we can win Michigan if we just get the anti-war democrats to vote republican this one time since their is no democraitic primary in Michigan.

That is what would rock the vote.

If we can find a way to convince all democrats to use this opportunity to send a message to everyone.

I have sent emails to all my contacts asking them to do the same.

I wish I could plunk $xx,xxx on some full page ads in Michigan.

Who has a PAC set up that wants to set up a chip-in? :)

NoPants
01-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I think we can win Michigan... get the anti-war democrats to vote republican... their is no democraitic primary in Michigan.

This is important! The Democrats are out of Michigan. This can give us a big boost. Voters don't have to be registered with their party in Michigan so independents and democrats can vote in a republican primary. Everyone in Michigan needs to go find 10 friends that are democrats and get them to make a protest vote for Dr. Paul. They can be protesting over not having their own primary, the war, the economy, whatever it takes to win them over. We need those votes!!!

Yooper Jo
01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Romney just canceled his appearance in the UP, too. I wish he'd cancel his ad nauseum tv ads! McCain is playing ads touting his anti-Washington maverick outsider stance. Barf and lies...
If you want to help, talk to Lord Xar. I think his PAC is calling MI residents. We are still battling "Who is Ron Paul?" in the UP and every call helps! It is probably the best way at this late date to get to these people with no TV ads running.

fmontez
01-09-2008, 05:59 PM
I would rather have McCain win in Michigan, than Romney win Michigan. If Romney loses he is out and he takes his ad purchasing power with him. McCain won Michigan back in 2000 and it never helped him. McCain will be stopped in Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida where I think he has no chance because he is too moderate (liberal on a few issues). Ron Paul just needs a top 3 finish in Michigan.

No, RP doesn't just need a top 3 finish! It is not a VICTORY coming in 5th place or even the top 3. RP needs to start winning, as in #1, if he doesn't have at least one state under his belt by Super Tuesdoay it will be the numerical end of the this race. It's do or die folks, RP has no chance in SC, so it's all up to MI now.

JT1
01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
That's why I wish the 600 or so still dwelling on NH would focus on Michigan.

It's just like Iowa right now. Everyone was dwelling and complaining about Iowa and NH flew by. Now they are all going in circles on NH.

Michigan is going to pass us by before anyone decides to start talking about it. :confused:

It will be sad too because with the Democrats without any delegates, this could BE HUGE for Ron Paul. I know I've said huge several times already but I can't stress it enough.

Democrats want to be counted and if we give them a reason to vote for Ron Paul they will.

Eponym_mi
01-09-2008, 06:19 PM
It's do or die folks, RP has no chance in SC, so it's all up to MI now.

No, RP will still be in the race. You must not have gotten the memo.:rolleyes:

fmontez
01-09-2008, 06:26 PM
No, RP will still be in the race. You must not have gotten the memo.:rolleyes:

being in the race when you numerically can not win isn't... all that impressive. Lets just win MI and build the momentum for ST.

dsentell
01-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I posted this yesterday, but nobody seemed to get it . . .

This gentleman from Norway has some excellent ideas on converting Obama supporters to RP. Take a few minutes to study his video and then put the ideas into action in Michigan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNl3uvPlleM

Cindy
01-09-2008, 10:25 PM
I would be happy if we just came ahead of Huckabee in Michigan. It really pisses me off that people are voting for Huckabee, especially because he is getting a free ride from the media. I think we can win Michigan if we just get the anti-war democrats to vote republican this one time since their is no democraitic primary in Michigan.

Free ride off of the media and Ron Pauls platform.

Just now on Hardball, some guy said Huckabee should be the nominee because he speaks the truth and preaches a lot about following the Constitution.

Where is McCain getting all of this money from anyway?

paul_v
01-09-2008, 11:46 PM

Romney won't be out. He's ahead in the delegate race. It would be dumb for him to bow out if he loses Michigan.

Basilieus
01-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Free ride off of the media and Ron Pauls platform.

Just now on Hardball, some guy said Huckabee should be the nominee because he speaks the truth and preaches a lot about following the Constitution.

Where is McCain getting all of this money from anyway?

I would say, "than why do you want a 23% national sales tax? Thats unconstitutional".

Why do you want government involvement in education, thats unconstitutional.
Why do you want government involvement in health care, thats unconstitutional.
Why do you want the federal reserver, thats unconstitutional.
Why do you want to attack Iran when they have done nothing to us, thats unconstitutional.

I could go on.

kyleAF
01-10-2008, 12:03 AM
No, RP doesn't just need a top 3 finish! It is not a VICTORY coming in 5th place or even the top 3. RP needs to start winning, as in #1, if he doesn't have at least one state under his belt by Super Tuesdoay it will be the numerical end of the this race. It's do or die folks, RP has no chance in SC, so it's all up to MI now.

I think a few people have missed the boat here.

Ron Paul getting at least third place anywhere is great news. And it will keep him alive and well leading into the super duper tuesday.

Political pundits are beginning to talk up the possibility of a brokered convention in the GOP. Some have even suggested the possibility (though much less likely) of one occurring in the Dem side.

If Romney wins, that's 3 states / 3 winners: no front runner. If Thompson comes out well in SC, and Giuliani in FL, then it's a split vote!! Super Tuesday voters won't know what to do, since they can't be fed the "clear winner" lines from the media, and so the split will continue. Probably to the convention, where the delegates will ACTUALLY elect the candidate for the first time in 50ish years.

This is why delegates are critically important to us.

One thing that may happen to prevent this is a combined ticket announcement. Say McCain / Thompson or Romney / Huckabee. That would shift favor toward a group and perhaps prevent a brokered convention, but maybe not... the rest of the field is losing money fast, especially since no one's pulling ahead and getting a lot of fundraising. Ron Paul just has to get his message out to voters ONCE. They either love it or hate it. The rest have to keep hitting people, because they're really all the same messages at root.

In any case, it's interesting. Romney winning may be a good thing. The only thing better is Ron Paul winning.

Focus on getting MI democrats. I've been posting on liberal Michigan sites, and have been writing letters to Michigan residents.

Do the same.

AlexMerced
01-10-2008, 06:32 AM
it's not do or die until the convention, having the plethora of candidates makes this a reality, so we got a chance until the very end if we just keep ighting and skimming delegates from as many states as we can.

westmich4paul
01-10-2008, 06:34 AM
We cannot take a top three without national HQ help which at least as far as the west side we haven't gotten. We recieved 100 signs yesterday for kent county. 100 signs? wtf? I am pretty sure it was like 100 for each county kent, muskegon, ottawa, ect and some lit. No Ron Paul appearance at least none to date with McCain in G.r. yesterday and Huckabee here on the weekend, I thin Romney was here also but no Paul. Again wtf? All local area news is covering the candidates which are being seen by the locals and everbody but Ron Paul. How do they even expect to do good? I have seen McCain ads , Romney ads, and hear Huckabees got a t.v. ad flying around too although I have yet to see it. Again no Paul. With this support from national being non existant how can they expect a top four finish? Grassroots can only do so much. And where is all of the 20 mill going? Radio ads and 1000 signs and lit for the state cannot cost that much. I want some accountability answers coming out of the campaign staff. We put full trust in them to spend this money wisely and the most easiest state to win due to the economic conditions here and nothing going on or coming in? I just hope That Dr. Paul is aware of the inadequaces of his staff because they are costing him this nomination. Which makes me question Do they want the nomination?

losinglife
01-10-2008, 07:27 AM

Be gone troll!

losinglife
01-10-2008, 07:29 AM
I would say, "than why do you want a 23% national sales tax? Thats unconstitutional".

actually his tax plan is his only redeeming quality. Sure its still a tax, but better than an income tax since you will give it voluntarily