PDA

View Full Version : The Freedom Concert is a snap to get done!

noztnac
01-09-2008, 03:59 PM
One thing about that show is that all of those bands already know each other and already play shows in five points together on a regular basis. It's not really that much to organize. I lived in Columbia for a long time and used to play in a band with many of those guys I gave links to. They all live in Columbia. Pecknel Music brings in a stage regularly for Thursday night concerts in Five points. The Southern Avenger is already a Ron Paul supporter. Contact a few celebrities have Ron Paul give a speech, etc. It will also be good for the downtown businesses. Call WIS, the local TV station, and they can provide coverage. Also notify CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc.

I really wish I were there because it would be a snap to put together.

Call this guy- Robert Newton(803) 318-5791.
He is a guitar teacher at Pecknel Music. He can organize everything. I would advise paying him $2000 to do everything. Tell him you want to have as many local artists as possible have a show in 5 points for a freedom rally. Tell him he was recommended by John Foster in South Korea. He knows me. I taught with him at Pecknel. He's a super nice guy.

Once he has things in place call Hootie and the Blowfish and pay them to play if they don't already endorse Dr. Paul.

It will be worth it.

This is worth doing. It will go over huge in Columbia. All of the college students will go wild and it will cause a media sensation.

If you have any questions please ask me. I have tons of friends and contacts in the Columbia music scene. I could almost coordinate it from here.

Twenty phone calls and about $20,000 and you'll have a huge event.

Many of those bands will play just for the exposure.

Please contact me and forward my e-mail to anyone interested in making this happen.

cantzon@gmail.com

The Good Doctor
01-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Hootie? Ick!