PDA

View Full Version : Encouragement (and a few ideas) from the UK

UK4Paul
01-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Hi Folks

I'm from the UK, and I've been aware of Ron Paul for many years now. Ron Paul would make a most excellent and honourable President for the United States in 2009.

Given that he is up against mainstream media propaganda (particularly from the "long shot" and "stock declining" news service FIX News) and other candidates with bigger name recognition (Ghouliani, "Bomb, Bomb Iran" McCain)... I think Ron Paul is doing excellently well!

Sure, it was disappointing to see 5th in New Hampshire, but the longer Paul stays in the race, the more the Ron Paul name gets out there.

I've been watching the action and would like to contribute a few quick thoughts which I think could only help the campaign.

I'm a marketer myself, and one of the things I always drum into people when selling to others is to "sell the benefits", and ask, "what's in it for the customer"... and then to convey the sales message that way.

i.e. Features vs Benefits. People like hearing features, but they really buy because of the benefits (and the emotions those benefits can stir).

The same is true of a political message. You've got to "sell" the benefits! What's in it for them?

Well, what would be in it for Americans if they elected Ron Paul as President? What are the features and benefits?

* Paul wants to abolish Income Tax, not replace it with anything (but cut back spending to pre-2000 levels). All hard working Americans would immediately be much better off and have more $ to spend on their own families.

* Paul wants to end "nation building" and bring the troops home now. No more bloody wars costing American lives and $1 trillion+ dollars.

* Paul wants to restore the Constitution to its rightful place. No more Government interfering in every little aspect of your life!

I point these out because I noticed some Ron Paul advertising doesn't really sell the "benefits". People would be much wealther with no Income Tax, and no tax to replace it (contrasted with Huckabee) - under a Paul presidency! Now that, is a benefit! :)

What working person in their right mind doesn't want to keep all the income they've earned, and be wealthier? :cool:

What soldier's mother really wants her son or daughter fighting a dodgy war thousands of miles overseas?

So I'd suggest it's not simply about getting Ron Paul's name out there, but also what he stands for - the "message", and the "benefits".

Amongst the sea of signs for Ron Paul behind the yapping heads of the mainstream media, I'd love to see some signs explaining Paul's stance on those crucial issues, in 5 words or less, ie.

"ABOLISH INCOME TAX - PERIOD!"
"BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW"

These are the "hot spots" that appeal to voters.

I'm sure RP is aware of this, and in his interviews he does a pretty good job of bringing them out - it's just a shame that interviewers often bring up the subjects that are least likely to appeal to voters - like the "gold standard".

Every time they mention the "gold standard" I'd love him to talk about that for a brief 10 seconds then drop in the fact that when Income Tax is abolished under his Presidency (and NOT replaced), every working person gets richer.

It's the Income Tax thing that will be the real vote winner :D (And you steal back Huckleberry's thunder by pointing out it wouldn't be replaced with any other tax!)

Anyway, that's my two £'s worth. In Ron Paul...

- You have a GREAT candidate for President...
- with a GREAT voting record...
- and a GREAT message for the People.

But the thing that really matters to voters is, "What's in it for me and my family?"

Ron Paul is the only candidate to offer real, tangible benefits.

Best wishes from a person in the UK who wishes there was someone even remotely like Ron Paul over here :D

Rintrah
01-09-2008, 04:08 PM
I agree. He needs to sell the benefits of his stances, not the reasons and causes of them. He needs to speak of the future not the past. I truly believe nearly every American would support Ron Paul if they only understood how wonderful It would be under his presidency.

Bossobass
01-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi Folks

I'm from the UK, and I've been aware of Ron Paul for many years now. Ron Paul would make a most excellent and honourable President for the United States in 2009.

Given that he is up against mainstream media propaganda (particularly from the "long shot" and "stock declining" news service FIX News) and other candidates with bigger name recognition (Ghouliani, "Bomb, Bomb Iran" McCain)... I think Ron Paul is doing excellently well!

Sure, it was disappointing to see 5th in New Hampshire, but the longer Paul stays in the race, the more the Ron Paul name gets out there.

I've been watching the action and would like to contribute a few quick thoughts which I think could only help the campaign.

I'm a marketer myself, and one of the things I always drum into people when selling to others is to "sell the benefits", and ask, "what's in it for the customer"... and then to convey the sales message that way.

i.e. Features vs Benefits. People like hearing features, but they really buy because of the benefits (and the emotions those benefits can stir).

The same is true of a political message. You've got to "sell" the benefits! What's in it for them?

Well, what would be in it for Americans if they elected Ron Paul as President? What are the features and benefits?

* Paul wants to abolish Income Tax, not replace it with anything (but cut back spending to pre-2000 levels). All hard working Americans would immediately be much better off and have more $ to spend on their own families.

* Paul wants to end "nation building" and bring the troops home now. No more bloody wars costing American lives and $1 trillion+ dollars.

* Paul wants to restore the Constitution to its rightful place. No more Government interfering in every little aspect of your life!

I point these out because I noticed some Ron Paul advertising doesn't really sell the "benefits". People would be much wealther with no Income Tax, and no tax to replace it (contrasted with Huckabee) - under a Paul presidency! Now that, is a benefit! :)

What working person in their right mind doesn't want to keep all the income they've earned, and be wealthier? :cool:

What soldier's mother really wants her son or daughter fighting a dodgy war thousands of miles overseas?

So I'd suggest it's not simply about getting Ron Paul's name out there, but also what he stands for - the "message", and the "benefits".

Amongst the sea of signs for Ron Paul behind the yapping heads of the mainstream media, I'd love to see some signs explaining Paul's stance on those crucial issues, in 5 words or less, ie.

"ABOLISH INCOME TAX - PERIOD!"
"BRING THE TROOPS HOME NOW"

These are the "hot spots" that appeal to voters.

I'm sure RP is aware of this, and in his interviews he does a pretty good job of bringing them out - it's just a shame that interviewers often bring up the subjects that are least likely to appeal to voters - like the "gold standard".

Every time they mention the "gold standard" I'd love him to talk about that for a brief 10 seconds then drop in the fact that when Income Tax is abolished under his Presidency (and NOT replaced), every working person gets richer.

It's the Income Tax thing that will be the real vote winner :D (And you steal back Huckleberry's thunder by pointing out it wouldn't be replaced with any other tax!)

Anyway, that's my two £'s worth. In Ron Paul...

- You have a GREAT candidate for President...
- with a GREAT voting record...
- and a GREAT message for the People.

But the thing that really matters to voters is, "What's in it for me and my family?"

Ron Paul is the only candidate to offer real, tangible benefits.

Best wishes from a person in the UK who wishes there was someone even remotely like Ron Paul over here :D

Hello UK,

Many thanks from across the pond for the excellent post. :)

I like to explain to people that our current $10 trillion national debt causes us to have to come up with enough money every single day that would make 2,000 Americans millionaires. That's 730,000 Americans every year who could be made millionaires with the money required just to pay the interest on the debt.

Huckabee wants a 'Fair Tax'. I say a tax by any other name is still a...TAX. What do we know for sure about taxes? They only ever go UP, and what on earth is fair about that?. As you've pointed out, RP wants NO income tax. This is unprecedented.

RP has the ONLY plan on the table to save social security for current recipients, and it does not require the consent of Congress.

There are many more points we can make regarding the benefits to Americans who vote for Ron. I would like to see many more posts like yours. They cost nothing and pay big dividends.

Bosso

karenflower
01-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Hello fellow UK citizen! :)

I too wish so much that we had our own Ron Paul to inspire us - I've never before been interested in politics but Ron has opened my eyes to so much. . it hurts to see how unfairly he is being treated.

Keeping positive is important though, and your ideas are great. ^.^ We have a long road ahead of us!

StarCrossed06
01-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!