PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota News Outlet "Ron Paul Nuts: Brownshirting Jerks"

V4Vendetta
07-22-2007, 05:52 AM
North Dakota News Outlet "Ron Paul Nuts: Brownshirting Jerks"

http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=145660

Jul 21 2007 12:00AM
http://sayanythingblog.com/index.php

For a group of people oh-so-upset about the attempted exclusion of Ron Paul from various GOP debates this year (something I, personally, opposed) they sure don’t mind using thug tactics to shut up people who criticize their messiah

As many of you know, this blog is syndicated onto North Dakota’s Reiten Broadcasting television station websites. As with all my posts, this post about Ron Paul and the John Birch society was put via the syndication on the Reiten Broadcasting website. But if you try to view that post there now, you’ll see an “Article Removed” message

Why? Because Ron Paul’s nutty online brownshirters issued forth a dictum in one of the forums to “educate” me. Sounds...Orwellian, doesn’t it?

Well that “education” resulted in about 65 comments to that article on the Reiten site and a “ton” of email, all requesting that my post be taken down. Mostly because the Paulites find the harsh lite cast on Paul’s conspiracy mongering to be inconvenient. I don’t blame the webmasters over at the KXNET websites for taking the post down. Probably not worth the fight with these nuts

Personally, I’ll wear this as a badge of pride. When the opposition is trying to silence you, you know you’re on target

This does not at all sound like objective journalism to me. What do you guys think? Maybe we should let that North Dakota news outlet know what they are doing is unethical, immature, and wrong!

http://www.kxmc.com/KX
Contacts

Main switchboard - (701) 852-2104
News fax - (701) 838-1050
General Manager - David Reiten
Corporate Local Sales Manager - Darren Lenertz (701-852-2104)
National Regional Sales Manager - Julie Bernhardt (701-355-9120)
National Regional Sales - Jayette Agnew (701-420-5404)
Chief Engineer - Bob Turneau (701-852-2104)
News Director - Jim Olson (701-852-2104)
Chief Meteorologist - Tom Schrader (701-852-2104)
Sports Director - Mike Elm (701-852-2104)
Production Manager - Terry Greuel (701) 852-2104
Noon Show - Carla Burbidge (701-852-2104)
Regional Web Coordinator - Darren Lenertz (701-852-2104)

Razmear
07-22-2007, 06:21 AM
This is a blog post that somehow got on the wire service. I did a google news search for Ron Paul last night and this garbage was right on top.

The guy who posted this was shut down here for posting a bunch of Zionist conspiracy crap that had nothing to do with Ron Paul.

Now he's using it to further try and discredit RP. I'm guessing he's a Rudy supporter or something who is lashing out at Ron.

Ignore him, he'll fade away.

eb

Henry
07-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Here is a copy of my comments to the article.

"Please help me understand which contradiction of yours you like the best.

Is it the one that says?

"For a group of people oh-so-upset about the attempted exclusion of Ron Paul from various GOP debates this year (something I, personally, opposed) they sure don’t mind using thug tactics to shut up people who criticize their messiah"

According to Webster dictionary the word "thug" also means gangster, "a member of a gang of criminals". So your calling the Ron Paul supporters a gang of criminals for voicing their opinions. on their candidate being censored and being metaphorically reduced to a pimple on an elephant’s ass. I guess that I'm a proud card carrying member of those "thugs"

Or is it this one?

"Mostly because the Paulites find the harsh lite cast on Paul’s conspiracy mongering to be inconvenient." I guess (according to your scorecard) I’m batting zero for two. In your myopic thinking, which is consistent with the Mainstream Media. Every time both of you deem (through your infinite wisdom) anything that questions the statuesque you throw in the conspiracy factor as the backbone of your arguments.

Or is it this contradiction (the biggest of the three)?

"Personally, I’ll wear this as a badge of pride. When the opposition is trying to silence you, you know you’re on target". Yes the opposition, which in this case happens to be you and the Mainstream Media, are trying to silence us (the Ron Paul supporters). So even according to you we “must be on target”

A proud nut and a thug!!
Henry

V4Vendetta
07-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Guys I really think we should ring their phones off the wall.

And ask them :

1st how this guys blogs are able to show up on thier news website,

2nd do they like having false information being on their news channel?

V4Vendetta
07-22-2007, 12:32 PM
does anyone have the contact info for the guy that posted the blog?

jblosser
07-22-2007, 12:34 PM
We should in no way be promoting censorship or pulling articles, even if they are wrong. We should get corrections printed alongside the wrong info. If they pull them, then people get to cry censorship, and the original isn't there for us to explain why they were wrong. People just hear censorship. It's a PR stunt.

The truth has nothing to fear from the free exchange of ideas, even stupid ones.

hard@work
07-22-2007, 12:45 PM
What they are starting to do is blanket out some spin using "nuts", "wackos", and whatever else they come up with. The attacks are starting and the strategy so far seems to be in marginilizing the campaign from public attention by categorizing the supporters as fringe ... i.e. "don't pay attention to them because they are not serious".

The best thing that can be done now is to work on ways to counteract this. Hopefully the strategists on the Paul campaign are aware of this and are ready to come out with a tactic to force the discussion onto the actual issues. Bottom line is you need to get onto those issues, pound the issues out, and never respond to any insult with anything but facts.

Do not attack, debate and educate!

:)

DisabledVet
07-22-2007, 12:55 PM
This guy is pissed because THIS FORUM's posters had his original article removed because it was slanderous and a lie...so this is his retort to us. He's an obvious dolt of the first magnitude.

ThePieSwindler
07-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I love how guys like that "Rob" fellow in the comments section act self-righteous and self-assured but never actually bring anything in the form of dicussion to the table. They just keep sayng the same thing over and over again, with the same perfect grammer, so that thy _appear_ to be intelligent, when they are of little to no substance. I've never seen a Fred Thompson supporter actually engage in a civil debate that involved critical thinking skills or discussion. They all just call Ron Paul supporters nuts, wacko, crazies, brownshirters, etc in a demure demeanor that they try to pass off as "civilized" and "calm and collected" while the "Ron Paul nuts" "spam" them.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Why would North Dakota be ANYTHING BUT Ron Paul supporters? He wants to legalize hemp farming, that's what their farmers have been wanting for YEARS! Only GOP that wants to give it to them lol

DAZ
07-22-2007, 01:44 PM
For his information, I am currently wearing a white shirt. The nerve of some people!

There was a NYT article on the ND-RP-hemp connection just yesterday I believe. It was actually a decent article. Didn't really focus on RP, more on why farmers in North Dakota will benefit from growing hemp and how the DEA is acting irrationally.

V4Vendetta
07-22-2007, 04:43 PM
This guy, needs to be corrected for what he says about Ron Paul, and us.

RonPaul2012grassroots
07-22-2007, 05:30 PM
When the opposition is trying to silence you, you know you’re on target

Pot calls kettle black.

V4Vendetta
07-22-2007, 05:38 PM
hey DUMB FUCK "ronpaul_stickers"

When I say corrected, i mean tell him where he's lieing, or misguided in his opnions.

you fucking idiot

LEARN TO READ YOU FUCK

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 07:54 PM
///

RonPaul2012grassroots
07-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Pot calls kettle black.

When I say corrected, i mean tell him where he's lieing, or misguided in his opnions.

you fucking idiot

LEARN TO READ YOU FUCK

I take it you fail to see the irony.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 08:35 PM
///

RonPaul2012grassroots
07-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Just looked. Article is gone.

In order to view it at the originally posted link you need to scroll down about 2/3's of the page. Here's the direct link to that article -

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/ron_paul_nuts_brownshirting_jerks/

Akus
07-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Ron Paul thinks 9/11 was a plot to create an excuse for war in Afghanistan/Iraq (and thinks a staged attack to create an excuse for war with Iran is imminent).
Did he actually say this?
Where?

FreedomLover
07-22-2007, 11:42 PM
This thread is awesome just because of how stupid it is.

JoshLowry
07-23-2007, 12:23 AM

you fucking idiot

LEARN TO READ YOU FUCK

If you have another outburst like this your account will be removed.

Please read the forum guidelines: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Thanks.

V4Vendetta
07-23-2007, 12:33 AM
If you have another outburst like this your account will be removed.

Please read the forum guidelines: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Thanks.

oh, i see, so now free speech is banned. and you would like to support someone twisting what I said in favor of the idiot in North Dakota?

I know who to look out for now in Houston.

Josh, have a nice day, you just lost ALL trust with me. When I see you in Houston, don't bother trying to "buddy" up with me.

ThePieSwindler
07-23-2007, 12:44 AM
oh, i see, so now free speech is banned. and you would like to support someone twisting what I said in favor of the idiot in North Dakota?

I know who to look out for now in Houston.

Josh, have a nice day, you just lost ALL trust with me. When I see you in Houston, don't bother trying to "buddy" up with me.

Lol, raged. Dude flaming on a message board has nothing to do with free speech. THis is a privately owned server, Josh can do what the fuck he wants. Free speech pertains to public speech - the government has no right to make laws prohibiting speech of any form, however - if the speech is made in or on a private medium, the private owner has the right to stop it, especially when it is libelous and hostile to others who pose you no harm (and against the forum rules laid out). Nuff ced. Just relax and atake a deep breath, we are all friends here.

torchbearer
07-23-2007, 12:48 AM
hmmmmmmmmm.

V4Vendetta
07-23-2007, 12:48 AM
I was never libelous to ANYONE

I know free speech applys to public areas, property. I was trying to make a point

Why should I calm down when "ronpaul_stickers" is trying to defend the idiot from North Dakota?

Sounds like that idiot, is in the wrong forum

torchbearer
07-23-2007, 12:51 AM
interesting how you see this from time to time.

RonPaul2012grassroots
07-23-2007, 01:07 AM

I know free speech applys to public areas, property. I was trying to make a point

Why should I calm down when "ronpaul_stickers" is trying to defend the idiot from North Dakota?

I was only pointing out the irony in the content of that article which you initially posted on this thread, V4Vendetta. I don't see how that can be confused with "defending the idiot from N. Dakota."

Now it appears there is even more irony in this thread.

I love irony.

belian78
07-23-2007, 07:10 AM
funny how a brand new member comes in and in the first couple posts, he/she is already starting arguments and talking about us limiting his/her freedom of speech. either a very angry person, or someone with an agenda.

ARealConservative
07-24-2007, 03:54 PM

just be happy his post isn't to hock more of his wares.

RonPaul2012grassroots
07-24-2007, 04:17 PM
just be happy his post isn't to hock more of his wares.

I believe the term is 'hawk'.

And it isn't my wares I'm 'hawking', it's everyone's who wishes to promote Ron Paul. I'm just a facilitator seeing to it that an abundance of promo items are in the hands of volunteers as soon as possible and at the lowest possible prices. I'm risking a lot and expending a lot of energy for not a whole lot of return (unlike others who claim to be sacrificing when their items reflect a 100% margin - for someone somewhere).

And thank you for you support. The more I move the cheaper I can make these items available for.

For Ron Paul yard signs, Ron Paul bumper stickers, and Ron Paul buttons, please visit -

www.ronpaulstickers.com