PDA

View Full Version : *** Please do not contact the campaign about trivial issues ***

Mahkato
01-09-2008, 02:16 PM
It's like calling 911 every time you stub your toe. When you contact the campaign about trivial matters, you're tying up valuable resources and hampering other efforts. Worse yet, you are increasing the time it takes the campaign to reply to SERIOUS issues and potential Ron Paul supporters.

Calling or emailing them to, say, demand a vote recount, or check on the status of your order, or complain about general strategy is NOT HELPING. Remember, there are over 8,000 active members JUST ON THIS SITE. If just 1% of those 8,000 contact the campaign each day, that's 80 emails or phone calls which must be answered. If it the campaign spends 6 minutes on each one, that's a FULL TIME POSITION just to handle our little forum.

PLEASE just let the campaign do what they want to do, even if you disagree with their approach. If you don't like what they're doing, donate your time and money to grassroots efforts instead.

newbitech
01-09-2008, 02:26 PM
going to have to respectfully disagree. the campaign should hire however many people it takes to read and answer each and every email and phone call it receives.

people donate their time and money to the campaign and if the message from the campaign is, don't call us we'll call you, then you can expect people to look for more responsive efforts.

I understand your premise, and there may be a problem, but the solution should not fall on only the supporters to stop communicating.

This is a good problem to have, and I hope the campaign does not share your conclusions.

werdd
01-09-2008, 02:28 PM
i agree, dont waste their time and resources.

newbitech
01-09-2008, 02:33 PM

again, I just think this is a terrible attitude for the campaign to have.

people should not have to second guess contacting the campaign if they feel like they have a legitimate concern.

if the campaign is having a hard time handling inquiries or suggestions by the supporters, then the campaign ought to consider how to resolve this issue.

PatriotOne
01-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Vote fraud is a trivial issue? I say we have every right to demand that they spend some of our money to make sure we are not victims of vote fraud. In fact, I say if they don't, I don't plan on spending another fucking dime on this campaign if they just let our votes get stolen. What the hell is the point?

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 02:45 PM
I would think that the national campaign could get unpaid volunteers to answer phones? At least some of them?

JS4Pat
01-09-2008, 02:48 PM

Well if there was an organizational structure in place where concerns could be communicated at a lower level - then we wouldn't need to "waste THEIR time and resources."

HOWEVER...

Because there isn't one - we have to or we feel as though we are wasting OUR time and resources!

mackler
01-10-2008, 12:09 PM
I have better idea: Please do not contact the campaign, period. They are not on our side.

blakjak
01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I have better idea: Please do not contact the campaign, period. They have work to do and a president to get elected.

I fixed your post.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
PLEASE just let the campaign do what they want to do, even if you disagree with their approach. If you don't like what they're doing, donate your time and money to grassroots efforts instead.

Some of us get it. Bottom up. Become a precinct captain.

Jake!
01-10-2008, 12:24 PM
going to have to respectfully disagree. the campaign should hire however many people it takes to read and answer each and every email and phone call it receives.

people donate their time and money to the campaign and if the message from the campaign is, don't call us we'll call you, then you can expect people to look for more responsive efforts.

I understand your premise, and there may be a problem, but the solution should not fall on only the supporters to stop communicating.

This is a good problem to have, and I hope the campaign does not share your conclusions.

In Iowa, volunteers manned the phone banks.... they cannot afford to hire people

RPDelegate
01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I just love all the negative comments from newbies that just started becoming involved in politics 10 minutes ago. And suddenly they insist they know how to run a campaign better than the campaign itself does.

People leave the campaign alone! Let them do their jobs. We're grassroots, we're supporters of RP. We're not here to take over RP, we're here to support him.

So drop the negativity and sign up to be a precinct captain - that's where all your energy should be focused.

blakjak
01-10-2008, 12:29 PM
I just love all the negative comments from newbies that just starting becoming involved in politics 10 minutes ago. And suddenly they insist they know how to run a campaign better than the campaign itself does.

People leave the campaign alone! Let them do their jobs. We're grassroots, we're supporters of RP. We're not here to take over RP, we're here to support him.

So drop the negativity and sign up to be a precinct captain - that's where all your energy should be focused.

bumpity bump

Jake!
01-10-2008, 12:35 PM
I just love all the negative comments from newbies that just started becoming involved in politics 10 minutes ago. And suddenly they insist they know how to run a campaign better than the campaign itself does.

yep, and your sig contains one of the best things we can do:
canvas and be involved locally!

i might barrow it from you

HOLLYWOOD
01-10-2008, 12:36 PM
When you don't listen to the PEOPLE... your OPERATIONS are DOOMED.

What total BS... There are so many instances of Campaign staff dropping the ball, just on posters relaying info to us on this board.

Take the Initiative to either hire or find a group of volunteers to staff the email and voice inputs for the campaign! Everyone's voice is important... but if the Campaign Staff is overwhelmed with 80 emails a day from supporters... than this Campaign has serious problems.

If you CAN'T hire one or 2 people to handle these inputs and public Relations across this nation... it's just another nail in the Campaign Coffin!

AlbemarleNC0003
01-10-2008, 12:38 PM
yep, and your sig contains one of the best things we can do:
canvas and be involved locally!

i might barrow it from you

BUMP

Jake!
01-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Take the Initiative to either hire or find a group of volunteers to staff the email and voice inputs for the campaign! Everyone's voice is important... but if the Campaign Staff is overwhelmed with 80 emails a day from supporters... than this Campaign has serious problems.

If you CAN'T hire one or 2 people to handle these inputs and public Relations across this nation... it's just another nail in the Campaign Coffin!

It IS a waste of money when volunteers could/should be manning the local phone banks!

RPDelegate
01-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Leave the campaign alone and...

RPDelegate
01-10-2008, 12:46 PM
So I hear there's a new system in place to get RP the nomination. It's called being a precinct captain. Have you heard about this?

ninepointfive
01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
nevermind

RPDelegate
What's that? Oh you want to know how to become a precinct captain?

Jake!
Read this too!
MUST SEE article from Steve Forbes regional campaign manager in 2000
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85088

RPDelegate
01-10-2008, 12:49 PM
I have better idea: Please do not contact the campaign, period.

And an even better idea is right here -

AlbemarleNC0003
01-10-2008, 12:49 PM
So I hear there's a new system in place to get RP the nomination. It's called being a precinct captain. Have you heard about this?

:D