PDA

View Full Version : Email Dave Ramsey Now!

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Dave Ramsey, financial talk show host, just said Washington DC needs politicians who will say NO to more spending.

He isn't political so he won't name names, but email him now and tell him there already is one Congressman in DC known as Dr. NO!

http://www.daveramsey.com/index.cfm?fuseAction=dspMailDaveOnAir

mosquitobite
01-09-2008, 02:03 PM
DC needs a plasectomy :D

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Blimp.

Again, don't ask him to name names or endorse Ron Paul on the air but let him know about Dr. NO!

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Blimp

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Come on folks, Dave Ramsey is the most listened too non-political talk show in america.

Just because he won't come out and endorse Ron Paul (or who knows, maybe he will) he can talk about the same issues Ron Paul does and help spread the message.

Anyone...anyone...?

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Wow, tough crowd today. Not even getting any views.

Oh well :)

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
ok, someone got through. Dave just read an excellent email ticking off problems with national debt ect. He essentially agreed with every point but said he still has faith that a recession isn't going to happen. He also said the sender's email address was ronpaul2008.com, "if that tells you anything".

Methinks Dave Ramsey is quite the optimist, which is good. But he's also against the same problems caused by government that Ron Paul is.

Again, DON'T try and get him to endorse or even say Ron Pauls name on air, he ISN"T a political talk show. Don't even use the name Ron Paul.

Just hammer away on the insanity of our current Federal government and mention there is one person in Washington who always votes against it.

By the way, he gives good but simplistic financial advice. Same answer to every question, get out of debt and save money.

jankyflava
01-09-2008, 04:17 PM
bump

Derek Johnson
01-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I've spoken to Dave on air, it's been a few months but he was far from friendly with Ron and his ideas / policies.

Sooner or later Dave Ramsey will wise up.

Sooner or later all outside of Ron Paul Forums will wise up.

RP08
01-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Dave wants a flat tax, but otherwise most of his ideas (that I've heard) are perfectly alligned with Ron Paul's stance.

I don't think he would endorse Dr. Paul though. His crowd wouldn't like it too much, I would guess. Probably a lot more Hucky fans.

Matt Collins
01-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Dave Ramsey gave out an e-mail address for RonPaul2008.com ?!?!?!?!

That is HUGE!

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not trying to get his endorsement, he's not a political talk show guy. I don't even use Ron Paul's name. I just want Dave to hammer the point that the government is broke, in debt, spending out of control, and the politicians don't care. Just the message.

I do suggest there may be one or two people in DC that aren't part of the problem and who consistently vote NO, but I don't name names.

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Dave Ramsey gave out an e-mail address for RonPaul2008.com ?!?!?!?!

That is HUGE!

He said "by the way the email address (for the person who sent him the email) is ronpaul2008.com just to let you know where this is coming from"

sort of sarcastic, but yes he said it aloud. And he agreed with every point in the email, except the point about recession being eminent.

Again, I'm not trying to get Dave on board the Ron Paul train, he's not a political talk-show guy. I just want him to hammer the message. Hopefully there are enough savey listeners who can do their own dot connecting.

Matt Collins
01-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah - Dave isn't an economist and his strategy on investment leaves a lot to be desired. However he is good at what he does for the most part.

jabrownie
01-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Or if nothing else, email him saying you heard the show yesterday, heard him talking about a great email that came in, he mentioned the email address of the sender, but you were out driving and weren't able to catch it; and could he repeat it again so you can jot it down. :-P

FondOfLiberty
01-10-2008, 11:24 PM
I heard Dave read the email and felt the need to write him. This was my response:

Yesterday you asked what had changed to make people be concerned about our economy in response to Natalie. I believe it has more to do with the falling value of the dollar then the other factors commonly sited. If America were a company, its stock would be the dollar. As the value of the dollar drops the cost of imported goods increase which is especially concerning when you consider oil. What is causing dollar to drop? Maybe you explain it to listeners?

On the political end of things you consistently say we should not care about all the things politicians say they will do for us and yesterday you said we need someone that will take a stand and stop the spending, yet you made it sound like Natalie's email was somewhat suspect because she associates herself to Ron Paul.

Ron Paul happens to be the only candidate that says he wants to have the federal government do less for the people and that involves cutting spending more than any other candidate talks about. It also involves lowering taxes more than anyone! I consider him as preaching Gandma's way of handling government, if you know what I mean.

In any case, you will likely not read this on the air due to it being too political but I have a feeling you have more Ron Paul supporters listening than you think and your quick Ron Paul comment might have had the effect of alienating them ever so slightly.

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Again my personal strategy isn't to mention Ron Paul at all, I think Dave is smart enough to read between the lines. He's not a political talk show guy, so don't go political on him. just hammer away at the message, 9 trillion in debt, dollar crashing, inflation eroding savings, government spending way out of control.

Maybe, say there are a few people in DC who get it and are willing to vote NO to the insanity. But I think he'll be angry if too many people start Ron Pauling him. Let him help with the message.

Good message though :)

WilliamC
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Dave Ramsey just read my email on the air!

No mention of Ron Paul of course, since as I say he's not a political guy and I don't try to "Ron Paul" him.

But I did talk about the National debt and how the bills will come due someday, and there was a part he didn't read where I said there are one or two politicians who don't support the spending frenzy and know how to vote NO.

Dave is smart, he knows what I'm talking about.

Email him if you wish, personally I don't mention Ron Paul's name I just imply.

WilliamC
01-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Dave Ramsey talking politics again,

Don't Ron Paul him, but tell him about the message!

Jordan
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
If you've ever taken a look at anything he says on his videos, its all fabricated. Sure he has a great message, but his facts and data are inflated.

I cant see Dave Ramsey endorsing anyone other than Mike Huckabee.

WilliamC
01-18-2008, 01:48 PM
While he doesn't have the grasp of economics that Ron Paul does, Dave is very anti-government at least with regards to taxes and spending.

I just try to hit him with the message, but he's no political show so I don't try to "Ron Paul" him.

Maybe a "Rick Roll" instead? :)

Matt Collins
01-18-2008, 05:47 PM
If you've ever taken a look at anything he says on his videos, its all fabricated. Huh? Specifics please?

wgadget
01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
My best guess, Ramsey supports fellow Tennesseean Thompson.

Redcard
01-18-2008, 06:22 PM
My friends back in my home state of TN are saying that Ramsey is through and through a Huckabee guy.

(And they should know. . they go to the same megachurch he does)

Matt Collins
01-18-2008, 07:18 PM
My best guess, Ramsey supports fellow Tennesseean Thompson.

I honestly don't think he's gonna say

WilliamC
01-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Since I haven't ever seen any of Daves videos (the best thing about Dave Ramsey is that he's free on the radio) I think he does not account well for inflation in his teachings, he somehow expects everyone to be able to keep earning more and more money all the time and if you can't then somethings wrong with YOU.

He doesn't seem to be at all interested in the bigger picture economically, as long as he has his all is well in the world.

He has faith, which in his religion I don't fault him for, but also in the government, which I do fault him far.

For as much time as he spends bashing the politicians for taxing and spending and debt, he doesn't seem to make the final connection that the entire system is rotten to the core and has not been Constitutional since before his parents were born.

If ever comes hyperinflation, Dave and those who live strictly by his advice are screwed.

Matt Collins
01-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Since I haven't ever seen any of Daves videos (the best thing about Dave Ramsey is that he's free on the radio) I think he does not account well for inflation in his teachingsActually that's not the case. He tells people that CDs are bad investments (and even savings tools) because they usually yield less than inflation. So that's like actually losing money. He calls them "certificates of depreciation"

He has faith, which in his religion I don't fault him for, but also in the government, which I do fault him far.I disagree. Dave's premise is that we shouldn't rely on the government, or others, to take care of ourselves. We must be financially independent and nowhere does he ever mention Social Security because he says that most likely it won't even be there for most people when they retire. He also calls it "social insecurity"

If ever comes hyperinflation, Dave and those who live strictly by his advice are screwed.Please explain this? I am curious...

Aphelion27
01-18-2008, 08:40 PM
Dave wants a flat tax, but otherwise most of his ideas (that I've heard) are perfectly alligned with Ron Paul's stance.

I don't think he would endorse Dr. Paul though. His crowd wouldn't like it too much, I would guess. Probably a lot more Hucky fans.

Ron wants a flat tax too. He just wants the rate to be 0