PDA

View Full Version : Isn't SC Tobacco Country?

LastoftheMohicans
01-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Huckabee is for a national ban on smoking in public (whatever that means) places. He should be hit hard on this.

nate895
01-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Huckabee is for a national ban on smoking in public (whatever that means) places. He should be hit hard on this.

If that's the case, hit 'em hard.

LastoftheMohicans
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hl81Pq4aOOo

Of course, low-life Chris Matthews loves it.

urimind
01-09-2008, 03:35 PM
im from nc, and i think that nc is more tobacco dependant and oriented.. we have tobacco road with a few major universities on it... and winston salem where the biggest buildings are phillip morris and all that stuff, so i thinks its more us than them. but they do like their smokes and freedom down there. I do know that.

Metasity
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm from Greenville, South Carolina, and I'm completely with urimind. North Carolina is more tobacco dependant (I lived there about five years).
We were pretty dependant on textiles before the jobs were all outsourced overseas.

Truth be told, we don't really have anything going for us here. We do have a lot of factories making car parts and such because BMW is out in Greer, but I'm unaware about stuff in Columbia and down on the coast like Myrtle Beach and Charleston.

noztnac
01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
You are absolutely correct... especially in the upstate. We should make the Romney campaign aware of this and encourage them to run attack ads.

noztnac
01-09-2008, 04:02 PM
North Carolina too.