PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Expenditures and SERIOUS PROBLEMS AT THE TOP of our campaign

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 01:14 PM
There are stories circulating at the top layers of the grassroots that we have a very serious problem at the top of the official campaign. Rumors are coming out that the top leadership:

1. May consist of old-style Libertarian proponents of the "remnant theory," i.e. that they need really do nothing, and that all things will come together for good in a magical way on their own.
2. That many of the top campaign officials are not really Ron Paul-principle types, but closet neocons. (Source: Robert Goldsborough)
3. That many of the top campaign officials, in addition to their exorbitant salaries, have also set up "consulting firms" for which many tens of thousands of dollars are siphoned off through billings for ineffective services.

Now, maybe this stuff is true, and maybe it isn't but I am sure everyone is familiar with the constant refrain from HQ that suggests that they can not "talk to" or "coordinate" with leaders in the grassroots. FEC regulations are always cited as the reason, but might that not be convenient cover for NOT WANTING TO?

Please take a look at the 3rd quarter campaign expenditures:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend.asp?id=N00005906&cycle=2008

Compare it to Hucakbee's (for example) and see what you find.

Also, rumors are that we may have spent less than $1.5 million in NH because someone has decided to follow a Giuliani "Super Tuesday" philosophy which can not work for us because we don't have:

A> The built in "9-11 Hero" name recognition (50% of voters STILL have never heard of Ron Paul.)
B> Campaign funding will dry up quickly if we continue to lose in SC, NV and MI--and we will have no time to reignite the giving before Super Tuesday.
C> We will NEVER get all the free MSM publicity that Giuliani gets every day.

WHAT YOU CAN?MUST DO:

If there is a Ron Paul event coming near you, GATHER A GROUP OF CONCERNED supporters who share the concerns about national HQ, and approach RP with these concerns afterwards. It is VERY LIKELY, repeat VERY LIKELY that he personally knows nothing about any of this.

VRP08
01-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Thanks for this, true or not. I will do my part researching your links. We need to talk to the campaign, actually, we need to write a letter to Dr. Paul personally to express some of our major concerns.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Spending only 1.5 million on those crappy ads in NH is a disgrace. The grassroots poured everything we had into NH. The campaign should have spent at least 5 million in that state on GOOD ads.

partypooper
01-09-2008, 01:19 PM
2. That many of the top campaign officials are not really Ron Paul-principle types, but closet neocons. (Source: Robert Goldsborough)

it looks more like they are closet leftists.

newbitech
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Omg Gotv $650? Wtf!

Chester Copperpot
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Ron Paul knows what he is doing.. Have faith in this man

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks for this, true or not. I will do my part researching your links. We need to talk to the campaign, actually, we need to write a letter to Dr. Paul personally to express some of our major concerns.

Thanks..."An open letter to Kent Snyder..." is here in these forums, and will be discussed in a conference call (hopefully Friday) with several grassroots leaders and at least one paid staff person from Arlington.

Greg in VA
01-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Omg Gotv $650? Wtf!

Note those stats are for the third quarter.

SteveMartin
Omg Gotv $650? Wtf!

Remember this is only the 3rd quarter report. The 4th Q hasn't been released yet.

Mortikhi

Ron definitely does. Those around him are another thing altogether.

partypooper
01-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Ron definitely does. Those around him are another thing altogether.

as far as i can tell, it is him who hired the incompetent campaign staff and who refuses to fire them.

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Ron Paul hired three people that I am aware of: Kent Snyder, Justine Lam and Jesse Benton (and possibly a couple others--including Lew Moore) way back in the February-May period. Since then, he has been totally out of the loop on hirings and firings.

partypooper
01-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Since then, he has been totally out of the loop on hirings and firings.

"out of the loop" is not exactly equivalent to "he knows what he is doing".

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Check who posted which statement please.

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 01:44 PM

That's not the point. If he's delegating authority to people who aren't able to compete with the rest of the candidates he might not know what they are doing...or not doing.

partypooper
Check who posted which statement please.

why would i? i don't argue with people but with points.

coboman
It is VERY LIKELY, repeat VERY LIKELY that he personally knows nothing about any of this.
Then he doesn't deserve to be president.

A leader that doesn't know how to surround himself with competent people, and encourage and supervise them to do their very best, is no leader at all.

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Remember, Ron Paul has a 16-hour per day/ 7-day per week schedule.

You try running for President and still serving your constituents as a sitting Congressman, making it to votes and hearings, all at once!

NO BODY ELSE IS DOING IT! R.P. is still voting on the majority of the issues, and ALL the major ones.

partypooper
01-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Remember, Ron Paul has a 16-hour per day/ 7-day per week schedule.

luckily, the job of the president of the USA is much less demanding.

ghemminger
01-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Our best chance to get major change now or for a 3rd Party run now is to talk directly to RP or Carol when you see them in person -

When 20-50 people mention the same thing I can imagine RP will call a meeting to clean house....

free.alive
01-09-2008, 01:57 PM
SteveMartin, your assertions are destructive, silly and patently false.

You really need to consider the greater effect of planting all these seeds of negativity. This is the way to start the self-implosion of this movement.

Bradley in DC
01-09-2008, 02:04 PM

Can you refute them?

Not facing reality is what is hurting our movement. (I'm not confirming or denying Steve's assertions, but support the need for us to examine why the official campaign staff are failing us.)

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 02:09 PM
luckily, the job of the president of the USA is much less demanding.

Probably about the same...

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Yes, please DO refute them if you can. I certainly do not want to believe any of this! AND THAT IS GOD'S HONEST TRUTH!

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Bradley,

Please give me a call when you have a free moment.

TIA...

207-532-3635

independentperson08
01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
Can you refute them?

Not facing reality is what is hurting our movement. (I'm not confirming or denying Steve's assertions, but support the need for us to examine why the official campaign staff are failing us.)
First, how can we validate or invalidate these Mr. Martin's claims. I urgently
would like to understand if we have an internal issue with HQ, and what
these issues are.

Second, Mr. Martin, can you identify who the Grassroots leaders are that
will participate in Friday's conference call, who from HQ will participate,
how these grassroots persons were identified as "leaders?"

Third, what is the specific agenda of the conference call (i.e. issues that will be
addressed).

Fourth, will there be conference call notes made available to the grassroots
after the completion of this call?

Thank you.

partypooper
01-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Probably about the same...

which means that, tomorrow, when it turns out that a bunch of 18 year olds is running the white house we will be told that president paul is "out of the loop"?

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 02:13 PM
I know that Ron Paul Radio, Operation Broadcast Freedom, TheFreedomNetwork, The Blimp Project and certain early meetup coordinators will be involved.

My understanding is that Debbie Hopper from HQ, and perhaps one other person will also be on the call.

familydog
01-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Then he doesn't deserve to be president.

A leader that doesn't know how to surround himself with competent people, and encourage and supervise them to do their very best, is no leader at all.

Exactly. One need only study the presidency of US Grant.

dkim68
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
I find the salaries stat particularly disturbing. I mean there's people all over the country at the grassroots level who would be willing to work for free. All that money would've been better spent on TV ads, direct mail/telemarketing and more fundraising.

Lord Xar
01-09-2008, 02:23 PM
I would like to see total expenditures for Ron Paul vs. The Ghoul for NH.

I want to see what the money bought and what it didn't.

Personally, if the campaign spent chump change on NH, then I would actually feel better - thus the support was mostly grassroots.

ALSO, Why is the OFFICIAL campaign not getting on this forum, not sending emails to the meetups (the grassroots) and telling us what is going on and to alleviate our fears and concerns.
They CANNOT SIT ON THIS while the house crumbles around us.

Why they are SOO SLOW to respond is beyond me.

RPinSEAZ
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Money drying up is not an issue. We simply need to make it through Super Tuesday as in blow our wad on the lead up to Super Tuesday. If we don't get the results we wanted, it doesn't matter anyways because the nomination will probably be sewn up for somebody else.

independentperson08
01-09-2008, 02:25 PM
First, how can we validate or invalidate these Mr. Martin's claims. I urgently
would like to understand if we have an internal issue with HQ, and what
these issues are.

Second, Mr. Martin, can you identify who the Grassroots leaders are that
will participate in Friday's conference call, who from HQ will participate,
how these grassroots persons were identified as "leaders?"

Third, what is the specific agenda of the conference call (i.e. issues that will be
addressed).

Fourth, will there be conference call notes made available to the grassroots
after the completion of this call?

Thank you.

I know that Ron Paul Radio, Operation Broadcast Freedom, TheFreedomNetwork, The Blimp Project and certain early meetup coordinators will be involved.

My understanding is that Debbie Hopper from HQ, and perhaps one other person will also be on the call.
I edited (quoted above) my original question to make it more clear by
breaking it into four distinct parts. The answer you gave addressed the
"second" issue. Can you please address items 1, 3 & 4 as well.

Thank you.

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Interesting little 3rd Q expenditure tidbit I was just emailed:

Republican Party of Iowa 28,000.00
Moore, Neal L. 7,989.14 (brother of Lew)
Moore, Sherrel 116,751.66 (wife of Lew)
Snyder, Kent 90,674.61

This is what was paid to these people in ONE QUARTER before the money bombs hit!

ghemminger
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM

Thank you.

Independent - Who are you?

ghemminger
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM

Snyder, Kent 90,674.61

This is what was paid to these people in ONE QUARTER before the money bombs hit!

These are huge expenditures - many, many more questions - I wonder why everyone was so hard on the blimp people when we basically gave a HQ 40-50x morem oney....?

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 02:41 PM

Thank you.

1. Look at the link. Call the person cited as a source. Search the net. Not sure it can all be validated without face-to-face confrontation, but it is getting close to time for that.

3. I am not setting the agenda for the call, not am I hosting it. I imagine it will deal with some of the issues mentioned in the OP, my open letter (on these boards) and the insistence that a "Grassroots Communications" department be established.

4. There was a secretary who posted the notes of the last CC here in this forum last time, and my guess is that it will be done again.

daviddee
01-09-2008, 02:42 PM

AMack
01-09-2008, 02:43 PM
The burden of proof is on the OP. Show us proof or this thread should be regarded as little more than speculation.

ghemminger
01-09-2008, 02:44 PM
J Seehusen Associates, Inc
Baltimore, MD
$10,000
7/10/2007
Political Field Coordinator
Baltimore, MD
$9,000
8/30/2007
Baltimore, MD
$9,000
9/21/2007

This was under "not yet coded" in addition to 400k+

daviddee
01-09-2008, 02:45 PM

jnpg
01-09-2008, 02:47 PM

Snyder, Kent 90,674.61

I don't know about the expenditures- but I do know Lew's wife is Maureen- not Sherrel...

daviddee
01-09-2008, 02:47 PM

Ernest
01-09-2008, 02:49 PM
This is an absurd thread. If top level sanctioned corruption is really happening then how could you ever have faith in RP as president?

daviddee
01-09-2008, 02:49 PM

ghemminger
01-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Again, these fees are in line for consultants...

By looking at the scrutiny given to how much people are paid... I would probably be lynched if I posted how much I charge a month :)

David what should we be looking for then?
Why does it seem other candidates spend 100s of thousands on media consultants and RP spends nada?

davidhperry
01-09-2008, 02:55 PM

Snyder, Kent 90,674.61

Just an FYI - Neal works for the campaign so it stands to reason that he should be paid for that. :)

jnpg
01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I am assuming the guy that posted these made wild assumptions.

So I believe Sherrel Moore is actually Lew. Can't blame a guy for going by Lew, huh?

dkim68
01-09-2008, 02:57 PM
This is an absurd thread. If top level sanctioned corruption is really happening then how could you ever have faith in RP as president?
Hmm... maybe Bilderberger plants in place from the get go to destroy RP's campaign from the inside out.

da32130
01-09-2008, 03:11 PM

Snyder, Kent 90,674.61

Based on this link:
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend_detail.asp?ID=N00005906&cycle=2008&code=A20&Page=5

Moore, Sherrel only got paid about 38k when you look up Moore in the salaries.

Snyder, Kent got about 54k, but some of those payments were from the 1st quarter

In general, looking at other people, the salaries do not seem high.

freelance
01-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Baltimore, MD
$10,000
7/10/2007
Baltimore, MD
$9,000
8/30/2007
Baltimore, MD
$9,000
9/21/2007

This was under "not yet coded" in addition to 400k+

Oh LORD! I just did a bit of research. If you've got Google and other search engines, have yourself a ball.

da32130
01-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Based on this link:
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend_detail.asp?ID=N00005906&cycle=2008&code=A20&Page=5

Moore, Sherrel only got paid about 38k when you look up Moore in the salaries.

Snyder, Kent got about 54k, but some of those payments were from the 1st quarter

In general, looking at other people, the salaries do not seem high.

The above is right. The confusion is with the "not coded" section. Including that section is where the larger numbers come from. Are "not coded" payments from reimbursements, salary, or bonus?

The payments are lumpy. So it doesn't seem like a salary.

Highstreet
01-09-2008, 03:25 PM

Exactly. More unverified crap to help divide and cast doubt.

Paul has been doing this for 30 years.

He's no chump.

Have a little patience and faith.

da32130
01-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh LORD! I just did a bit of research. If you've got Google and other search engines, have yourself a ball.

J. R. Seehusen Associates Inc. is an executive search firm that is part of this company:
http://www.heidrick.com/About/

Here is the connection:
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:jpvrSFRo0xUJ:www.mayaud.com/RESOURCE_CENTERS/RC_Exec_Recruiting/WD_EXECUTIVE_RECRUITERS.htm+J+Seehusen+Associates, +Inc&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

freelance
01-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Again, these fees are in line for consultants...

By looking at the scrutiny given to how much people are paid... I would probably be lynched if I posted how much I charge a month :)

The amount of the money is not the big deal here.

freelance
01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
J. R. Seehusen Associates Inc. is an executive search firm that is part of this company:
http://www.heidrick.com/About/

Here is the connection:
http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:jpvrSFRo0xUJ:www.mayaud.com/RESOURCE_CENTERS/RC_Exec_Recruiting/WD_EXECUTIVE_RECRUITERS.htm+J+Seehusen+Associates, +Inc&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=5&gl=us

That is not even close to what I got. I got a Libertarian radio host. Then I found his name on Daily Paul as the person who was in charge of the Iowa campaign--you know the campaign where the database got corrupted--either the program or the file or whatever--no one really seems to know.

MusoSpuso
01-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Exactly. More unverified crap to help divide and cast doubt.

Paul has been doing this for 30 years.

He's no chump.

Have a little patience and faith.

Unfortunately it seems as though a little hardship is making some otherwise good surpporters totally bat-shit insane.

To all those that object to how Ron Paul's campaign uses their money: When you run for president, use the money however you want. Until then...

There is no corruption that I have seen evidence of. Differences of opinion in how the campaign uses it's money is the extent of the reality. Opinion. Not corruption.

Read the numbers. Ron Paul has spent most of the cash he has on hand for a given quarter. He cannot use money until it's in the bank. This does not occur until the next quarter:

Money raised in the second quarter cannot be used until the 3rd. Money raised in the 3rd quarter cannot be used until the 4th quarter.

That fat $20,000,000 check we wrote for Ron can only be put to use NOW. Not when we were raising it last quarter.

Disagreeing with HOW the money gets spent does not = corruption. When you make these rediculous conclusions out of nowhere you talk in perfect Neo-Con speak.

AuH2O
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
The salaries seem so high in some cases because the campaign doesn't really use a corporate credit card. Expenditures are reimbursed, and it stands to reason that the largest expenses are accrued by the leadership, ie Kent Snyder and Lew Moore. And reimbursement is interpreted as salary disbursement.

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I am not saying I agree with these concerns, only that they are being spread and it is time that we all do our homework and see if there is:

A> Truth to those concerns over which we can hopefully exert some accountability and get some changes made.
B> False claims here that must be DOCUMENTED as false and put to rest.

SteveMartin
01-09-2008, 03:47 PM
That is not even close to what I got. I got a Libertarian radio host. Then I found his name on Daily Paul as the person who was in charge of the Iowa campaign--you know the campaign where the database got corrupted--either the program or the file or whatever--no one really seems to know.

Joe Seehusen was promoted out of Iowa LONG before the caucus to the position of Deputy National Campaign Director.

You can see the Ames Straw poll results for yourself, however, and that was during his tenure as the state chairman. The current IA state campaign director is Drew Ivers, who, from all accounts I have heard is VERY GOOD at what he does, the current lost file scandal notwithstanding.

mconder
01-09-2008, 03:54 PM
What the heck are materials exactly? I would hope that the largest expendatures are for direct mail, print media, radio and television...not for "materials" and salaries.

da32130
01-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Well, could you post the links for this information for all to see?

this is the search i did, where I found J. R. Seehusen Associates Inc. to be an executive search firm:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B2RNFA_enUS219US227&q=J.+R.+Seehusen+Associates+Inc.&btnG=Search

Bossobass
01-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm asking the mods to open a forum strictly for baseless whining against 'the official campaign'.

My son and his friends worked canvassing in South Carolina this past weekend. They were put up in a hotel. They were given detailed walking lists. They were given plenty of literature for specific talking points, depending on the interest of the person contacted. ALL PROVIDED BY THE CAMPAIGN. They accomplished one helluva lot and came away extremely gratified for their time and travel spent.

I suggest that many, many, many, many more of us get our butts in gear and join these commendable young folks in this most important work.

Ron Paul, Kent Snyder, Lew Moore, et, al, and those of us who are non-stop grassroots WORKERS have pulled off a miracle getting double digits in Iowa. Jim Gilmore, Tommy Thompson, Tom Tancredo, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, Joe Biden, Chris Dodd, Duncan Hunter, are ALL either off the radar or have dropped out of the race because of being marginalized, and/or ignored by the GOP and the US media. Considering the fact that RP has been treated poorer than all of those guys, the significance is even more evident.

A brokered convention (about which the majority of RP supporters have no clue) has been a strategy all along. It's a very smart strategy and looks to be shaping up as almost a prophetic call. You cannot vie in a brokered convention UNLESS YOU MAKE IT THERE WITH DELEGATES ON THE FLOOR.

We grow by positive thinking and positive actions. This place used to be nothing but brilliant ideas and awesome execution of those ideas...not negative whining.

Move this shit out of grassroots so we can concentrate on becoming delegates, raising money, hitting the streets in SC, Michigan, Nevada, etc., better slogans, better signage, honing our knowledge of the issues, streamlining the platform, etc., etc.

If these threads aren't moved to their own spot I'll end up being banned because I will begin pissing on the people who insist on bringing this crap into this forum.

Bosso

dante
01-09-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm asking the mods to open a forum strictly for baseless whining against 'the official campaign'.

My son and his friends worked canvassing in South Carolina this past weekend. They were put up in a hotel. They were given detailed walking lists. They were given plenty of literature for specific talking points, depending on the interest of the person contacted. ALL PROVIDED BY THE CAMPAIGN. They accomplished one helluva lot and came away extremely gratified for their time and travel spent.

I suggest that many, many, many, many more of us get our butts in gear and join these commendable young folks in this most important work.

Ron Paul, Kent Snyder, Lew Moore, et, al, and those of us who are non-stop grassroots WORKERS have pulled off a miracle getting double digits in Iowa. Jim Gilmore, Tommy Thompson, Tom Tancredo, Dennis Kucinich, Mike Gravel, Joe Biden, Chris Dodd, Duncan Hunter, are ALL either off the radar or have dropped out of the race because of being marginalized, and/or ignored by the GOP and the US media. Considering the fact that RP has been treated poorer than all of those guys, the significance is even more evident.

A brokered convention (about which the majority of RP supporters have no clue) has been a strategy all along. It's a very smart strategy and looks to be shaping up as almost a prophetic call. You cannot vie in a brokered convention UNLESS YOU MAKE IT THERE WITH DELEGATES ON THE FLOOR.

We grow by positive thinking and positive actions. This place used to be nothing but brilliant ideas and awesome execution of those ideas...not negative whining.

Move this shit out of grassroots so we can concentrate on becoming delegates, raising money, hitting the streets in SC, Michigan, Nevada, etc., better slogans, better signage, honing our knowledge of the issues, streamlining the platform, etc., etc.

If these threads aren't moved to their own spot I'll end up being banned because I will begin pissing on the people who insist on bringing this crap into this forum.

Bosso

QFT + 20,000,000

deedles
01-09-2008, 11:03 PM

Bosso

+1

deedles
01-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I am not saying I agree with these concerns, only that they are being spread and it is time that we all do our homework and see if there is:

A> Truth to those concerns over which we can hopefully exert some accountability and get some changes made.
B> False claims here that must be DOCUMENTED as false and put to rest.

B> False claims here that must be DOCUMENTED as false and put to rest.[/QUOTE]

I am not saying I agree with these concerns, only that they are being spread

Yeah and you are spreading them! Big troublemaker... every thread you start is all drama and BIG TIME STUFF TO WORRY ABOUT.

Hey, Dr Paul has won elections for years... you lost the one you were in and the meetup group that you organize is kinda pathetic.

I'd still like to know how you fathom are ROAMING IN THE UPPER ECHELONS OF ANYTHING?

Holy narcissistic personality, batman.

Please go back to the meetup boards... you're one of the biggest reasons I left.

parke
01-09-2008, 11:08 PM
There are stories circulating at the top layers of the grassroots that we have a very serious problem at the top of the official campaign. Rumors are coming out that the top leadership:

1. May consist of old-style Libertarian proponents of the "remnant theory," i.e. that they need really do nothing, and that all things will come together for good in a magical way on their own.
3. That many of the top campaign officials, in addition to their exorbitant salaries, have also set up "consulting firms" for which many tens of thousands of dollars are siphoned off through billings for ineffective services.

Now, maybe this stuff is true, and maybe it isn't but I am sure everyone is familiar with the constant refrain from HQ that suggests that they can not "talk to" or "coordinate" with leaders in the grassroots. FEC regulations are always cited as the reason, but might that not be convenient cover for NOT WANTING TO?

Please take a look at the 3rd quarter campaign expenditures:

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/expend.asp?id=N00005906&cycle=2008

Compare it to Hucakbee's (for example) and see what you find.

Also, rumors are that we may have spent less than $1.5 million in NH because someone has decided to follow a Giuliani "Super Tuesday" philosophy which can not work for us because we don't have:

A> The built in "9-11 Hero" name recognition (50% of voters STILL have never heard of Ron Paul.)
B> Campaign funding will dry up quickly if we continue to lose in SC, NV and MI--and we will have no time to reignite the giving before Super Tuesday.
C> We will NEVER get all the free MSM publicity that Giuliani gets every day.

WHAT YOU CAN?MUST DO:

If there is a Ron Paul event coming near you, GATHER A GROUP OF CONCERNED supporters who share the concerns about national HQ, and approach RP with these concerns afterwards. It is VERY LIKELY, repeat VERY LIKELY that he personally knows nothing about any of this.

ewwwwww.

If you think Ron Paul is an idiot, check again. This is a movement. Dr. Paul is a smart man.. stick around and let him run the show. This isnt his first rodeo and you better believe he has a plan.

Remember this... He's the only man running thats telling the truth. Taking on the war industry and the banking industry head on.. then taking on big medicine too.

We need to dig our trenches deep and keep our eyes on the ultimate goal.

I trust Ron Paul.

Ron LOL
01-09-2008, 11:09 PM
I plan to write a book about this.

"The Ron Paul Revolution: How to Lose an Election When You Can't Possibly Lose."

mackler
01-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Do not trust the official campaign.

We've got as far as we have despite the official campaign staff, not because of them.

I don't know if they're compromised. I don't know if they're just incompetent. Frankly it doesn't matter. If you rely on them for anything more than providing yard signs, you're asking to lose.

I wish it weren't this way, but it is. If we don't learn fast, we will lose, guaranteed. I for one, don't want that.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-10-2008, 12:26 PM

I cannot stress how important it is to become a precinct captain. Contact your local GOP today.

scooter
01-10-2008, 12:30 PM
I expected these types of posts to come about on the RP forums.

There are a lot of conspiracy theorists that back Ron Paul. What the heck, why not have yet another conspiracy about the campaign staff.

dspectre
01-10-2008, 12:31 PM

Bosso

Thanks Bosso!! We need this kind of talk on the boards!!

AlbemarleNC0003
01-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks Bosso!! We need this kind of talk on the boards!!

I thought people watched West Wing. Let them throw whatever they have at us. We look disorganized, but the win comes with the local support. Remember Paul's philosophy. You have to start local.

melianthus
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM

We've got as far as we have despite the official campaign staff, not because of them.

Are you people morons?

Why aren't all you who are complaining out canvassing your neighborhood instead of complaining about things you really don't know anything about??

Of course maybe if you are as stupid as you sound, you'd better not canvass. We need to get votes, not lose them.

Talldude1412
01-10-2008, 12:34 PM

I don't know if they're compromised. I don't know if they're just incompetent. Frankly it doesn't matter. If you rely on them for anything more than providing yard signs, you're asking to lose.

I wish it weren't this way, but it is. If we don't learn fast, we will lose, guaranteed. I for one, don't want that.

lolzzzzz

I fully support independent grassroots. But the campaign has been doing some great things. Compiling the precinct captains program being a major +1000, if you haven't joined DO SO NOW! It gives all the info you need about every important voter in your precinct and issues that are important to them. GET INTO GEAR PEOPLE.

Unless I get irrefutable and undeniable proof of some terrible wrong doing I am liable to tell you people F- off. Stop bringing down morale.

RPDelegate
01-10-2008, 12:39 PM
Man, this is a horrible thread. I wish all the "worthless, negative, all I do for RP is surf the web" people would go find something else to do. Threads like this do nothing for RP other than harm him.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-10-2008, 12:41 PM
lolzzzzz

I fully support independent grassroots. But the campaign has been doing some great things. Compiling the precinct captains program being a major +1000, if you haven't joined DO SO NOW! It gives all the info you need about every important voter in your precinct and issues that are important to them. GET INTO GEAR PEOPLE.

Unless I get irrefutable and undeniable proof of some terrible wrong doing I am liable to tell you people F- off. Stop bringing down morale.

West Wing, here we come!

mconder
01-10-2008, 01:10 PM
Make what you will of it. I am committed to Ron until the end. He is the only game in town. He is America's last best hope. I can overlook some of the campaigns failings for the sake of the revolution. I don't see anything crooked with what they've done. The question is do these attacks on the campaign help or hurt our cause. They hurt. There is not time for top down changes in the campaign.

deedles
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Is there a mod that will just lock this stupid, counterproductive thread?

philgest
01-10-2008, 01:15 PM
I just returned from NH. I was there working with OLFOD. Here are some things that have happened in NH and in Iowa.

In NH, we were given packets of conformed voters for Ron Paul, with a door hangers 3 days before the 8th. We went to the homes on our list, knocked on the door, encouraging people to go and vote on the 8th, and asked how many in the household were going to vote for Dr. Paul. If no one answered, we left the door hanger and went to the next house on our list. The three days I did this, I found that the list was not 100% supporters of Dr. Paul. About 10% of my list were supporting someone else, some even supporting Hilary or Obama. About half the time, no one was home.

In Iowa, the packets of conformed voters for Ron Paul was not given out until 4 HOURS before the caucus began...imagine...what was to have been given out to the volunteers 72 hours before was not given out until 4 hours before the caucus began. I know this because the person whom I roomed with in NH had been in Iowa and he told me about it...he felt the national campaign workers, the hired guns, look at this as a job and are not as committed to getting things done as are the grassroots volunteers. There were 20,000 names on the list in Iowa, yet Dr. Paul took just over 10,000 votes...imagine if the packets were given out on time and we were able to get to all the confirmed voters, we may well have had a couple of thousand or more turn out and could have came in 4th or even 3rd place...

In NH, the day of the primary, we were given list of confirmed voters for Dr. Paul and assigned to be poll watchers, that is we had a volunteer in each voting precinct, and we were to cross the names of voters off the list when they came in the precinct and announced their name to the moderator of the precinct. As the day went by, someone would collect the names of persons who had not voted and they would be called and asked to vote. Good plan, yes...well, the list was not alphabetized...and some of the lists were many pages long....think to yourself, why were the lists not put in alphabetical order....

Lastly, after all the votes were cast, the other campaigns had observers to watch the votes being counted and to call in the results form each precinct. We did not do this, we were not told to do so. Why?

That's just my observation on a few little things...imagine if someone was a neo-con mole working inside the official campaign as a hired gun...doing little things like not getting the get out the vote packages out on time...not alphabetizing the list for the poll watchers...not assigning someone to watch the votes being counted....things like this to make our machine not function as it should...perhaps I am a bit paranoid, but just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you!

XelR8r
01-10-2008, 01:19 PM
What a bunch of whining bitches.

If Ron Paul had spent half his money to win 7 delegates in NH, I would have been pissed.

He will be standing long after these fake front runners are broke.

Vaughn
01-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Snyder, Kent 90,674.61

Dear god....

The campaign staff have accomplished nothing! They failed to organize the Iowa correctly, they failed miserably in the response to TNR smear story, they failed to create effective ads, they failed in NH..oh man I could go on and on. The grassroots is the only thing that has assisted in getting Paul's message out, we have had no help from HQ. For them to receive that amount of money for nothing...its a crime.

Someone answer me this; why is it that the free-market candidate Ron Paul runs his campaign as if it is a welfare state?

AlbemarleNC0003
01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Dear god....

The campaign staff have accomplished nothing! They failed to organize the Iowa correctly, they failed miserably in the response to TNR smear story, they failed to create effective ads, they failed in NH..oh man I could go on and on. The grassroots is the only thing that has assisted in getting Paul's message out, we have had no help from HQ. For them to receive that amount of money for nothing...its a crime.

Someone answer me this; why is it that the free-market candidate Ron Paul runs his campaign as if it is a welfare state?

Don't you guys get it? Ron Paul is not a politician. He does not believe in a powerful, Hillary-esque campaign. Get involved at the local level. Become a precinct leader. Stop worrying about what the campaign is doing. We need precinct leaders in counties all over the country.

tsetsefly
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM

You really need to consider the greater effect of planting all these seeds of negativity. This is the way to start the self-implosion of this movement.

bla bla bla, dude there are numerous exmamples of hq incompetence... facts are facts...

JimDude
01-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I agree with the author

tsetsefly
01-10-2008, 01:54 PM
some people on these forums are naive, or just stupid...

really they are the type of people who think fans of sports teams that criticize a coach are not "real" fans, ridiculous...

mesler
01-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Some of these 2nd guessers are absolutely nuts. Please, go support another candidate, get the hell out of here.