quantized
01-09-2008, 12:35 PM
Fact Number 1
"The biggest voting blocs are Women >55 years old"
Look at the analysis here.
http://www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p20-556.pdf

Fact Number 2
"Our message does not resonate with them or does not reach them"
And CNN exit poll tell us that we did worst with older voters and women.

quantized
01-09-2008, 08:47 PM
night bump

shasshas
01-09-2008, 08:48 PM
YES BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE BIGGEST BUTTS TOO

quantized
01-09-2008, 08:51 PM

Hmm... seems like there is a correlation. Are we destined to fail then?

Dlynne
01-09-2008, 08:52 PM

Excuse me? Maybe comments like this from Paul supporters have something to do with not getting their votes.:rolleyes:

quantized
01-13-2008, 12:48 AM
why are we not targetting this people? or we are talking to them in the wrong frequency?

McDermit
01-13-2008, 01:22 AM
right, so advertise in readers digest. During oprah. Durings daytime soaps. During the price in right and wheel of fortune. The view. On lifetime. La blues. Good morning america. Local news.

Hit you lical grocery stores during the day. Especially when ss checks are issued. Hit nursing homes, al centers, bingo halls, craft and gardening stores, mature living magazines, the senior mags, women's daily. Make sure every hair salon in your area has slim jims or a pamphlet sitting out. Same with Drs offices.

Churches, lady's auxiliaries, country clubs, wherever the older folks in your area tend to gather.

RoamZero
01-13-2008, 01:27 AM
They are also likely to have draftable kids. This is something Ron Paul really needs to bring up (the potential of a draft). It's a scare tactic yes but this is politics!

politicus
01-13-2008, 04:48 AM
shasshas, cut it out. We want to recruit voters, not criticize them.

Frankly, the number one reason that Paul's support is lacking among older people is that they are less aware of him.

Many of them that hear him are supportive.

My 62 year old mother and 94 year old Grandmother will both be voting for Ron Paul in Wisconsin.

Coincidentally, they are both Catholic.

penfold25
01-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Cant we send like free DVDs or newsletters or something to old folks home for awareness etc?

Dave Pedersen
01-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Social security is a really really BIG concern to them. Most will outlive their husbands by 15 or 20 years. Ron should secure an interview with AARP magazine if they are willing.

One really good thing is Ron is ob/gyn and married 50 years.

If he acts and sounds presidential he will become a real factor among this group.

LibertyRevolution
01-13-2008, 06:24 AM
>55 women. ha give that idea up. they got kids and SS to worry about. they are voting DEM this year. just forgetaboutit.

quantized
01-24-2008, 06:31 AM
now we have the endorsement of Roe, it might help us get some women votes

KurtBirk
01-24-2008, 06:45 AM
>55 women. ha give that idea up. they got kids and SS to worry about. they are voting DEM this year. just forgetaboutit.

I'm afraid you are right, many women doesn't care about liberty, only about security.

Corydoras
01-24-2008, 07:01 PM
I hate to admit I think we should write them off. I know some a number of women in that generation. I hate to generalize, but a lot of them panic when the washing machine breaks. Some of them dislike their computers so much that they handle the mouse at work only with their fingertips-- no kidding. Some of them shriek when a live mouse runs across the floor. Sadly, many, many of them were not brought up and conditioned to be free human beings and seek liberty.

quantized
01-25-2008, 12:07 AM
I hate to admit I think we should write them off. I know some a number of women in that generation. I hate to generalize, but a lot of them panic when the washing machine breaks. Some of them dislike their computers so much that they handle the mouse at work only with their fingertips-- no kidding. Some of them shriek when a live mouse runs across the floor. Sadly, many, many of them were not brought up and conditioned to be free human beings and seek liberty.

we cannot write them off. that is 50% of the voting population. We must win their votes.

ShowMeLiberty
01-25-2008, 12:21 AM
We need more Carol Paul. She is the perfect spokesperson for the part of this demographic we're missing. The older ladies will know in an instant that she is a genuine, honest person and if they trust her, they'll trust Ron.

PS - there are plenty of 55+ women who understand the message perfectly well. My mom is one. She's abandoning a lifetime of voting Democrat to vote for Dr. Paul.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 12:23 AM
Old ladies are going to be a problem. They pretty much think government should solve everyone's problems. It will take a long time to win them over.

kill the banks
01-25-2008, 12:30 AM
we do need the woman vote to increase ... no one can get them all but woman generally vote to stop war ~ so

only our candidate guarantees to stop it with a long genuine record to prove it

kill the banks

Michigan11
01-25-2008, 12:32 AM
That voting block typically is voting emotionally, therefore we must adjust accordingly

Pauls' Revere
01-25-2008, 12:33 AM
We need every vote we can get! regardless of who it comes from?!?! I can't believe I have to type this.

therealjjj77
01-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Operation: Retirement Homes

This is the cure to this problem. Keep in mind that women in this age range talk on the phone for over an hour a day. Their phone is their internet. You get the message to many of them and in days the numbers with quadruple.

Coordinate with your meetup group to get meetup members to do presentations at every retirement/nursing home in your area.

This is effective and FAST!!! It is the silver bullet to the race.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1073244#post1073244

Ara825
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
You will not find women in their fifties in retirement homes. And fify is not old it's more like middle aged. LOL

Maxwell TX
01-25-2008, 02:03 AM
Quite a few of you seem to be quite clueless. While being clueless, some are miserably offensive! Mainly to the earlier posted comments. I've known teens that watched Oprah on a regular basis, plus many other age groups. I don't, nor do I watch soaps, or daytime tv. Most of the tele lineup is a bunch of crap. Normally don't turn on the tv during the day at all, except lately to listen for news about Dr. Paul, while I'm working. I'll be turning 55 this weekend and am female. You've categorized older women into a small block, something you don't like when media does it to RPs supporters.

Forget nursing or retirement homes, unless you are there to canvas the nurses. The nurses are usually quite busy, so not be a real good idea, unless you actually know the nurses.

Maybe it is time for you to rethink how you approach others in a verbal sense. Learn how to NOT be an asshole! The idea is to figure out the issue that is of utmost importance to the voter, then work with that.

People, in general, tend to vote for the candidate they recognize. Which is one of the things that has shown up in the exit polls so far. Different age groups of women are voting Hillary, JUST BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN. One told me they are voting on their principle, which was a real head scratcher for me. Principle has a different meaning to me.

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 02:05 AM
i love the price is right... we need RP in an herbal shampoo ad

Maxwell TX
01-25-2008, 02:28 AM
This is a group of women that have children of age the military wants. Issues? Bring the troops home and build a strong National Defense. Economy is another, then I'm figuring you might already know that.;) Most of my friends tend to be pro-liberty. I like Dr. Paul, but one of the main things that draws me to him, is his honesty and integrity.

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 02:59 AM
You dudes got all the wrong strategies...all we need is that broadwho played "Blanche" in the Golden Girls to endorse Ron Paul and we have it made.